What is happening to some people in the Sarthe enduros?

• Thread starter Zardoz
  • 287 comments
Oh, so now we have to train Bob to drive in straight lines AND split his love affair with the wall...which oddly resembles whales and boats..........

Well, I got through these without too much trouble, but had that B-tard of a glitch every 2-3 laps! Pulled through 2 laps ahead of the godlike 787B in the end.

FormulaGT

rualeb
it only happens to me with the fgt in red using ducks settings.
all other colors ( like castrol white green rad, bumble bee, blue etc) work fine.
who knows.

it also happened to me with a white and a white/purple Formula Gran Turismo, but it did stop when i put the B spec mode into the middle setting. anything over and it does it...

My audi R8 worked fine on both Sarthe I and II, and i won by about 3-4 laps

GT4_Rule
Holy cow, that sucks. Did you train your B-Spec Bob at all?

Yes, I did.... about 5000/5500 points when he did the race. Obviously I didn't train him enough, or he just loves those walls... :crazy:

GT4_Rule, I reckon you can do them in B-Spec. I used the sony Pesky, and won by two laps in the end, but B-Tarded Bob did have an awful time, hitting the wal at least 2 times every 2-3 laps (sometimes every lap!), But as long as your car has enough power, you should be able to catch up without too much trouble. Look for one of Zardoz's threads, 'Pseudo science' or something. If in doubt of victory with Bob, A-Spec. At least, until your safe again...:nervous:

FormulaGT

FormulaGT
B-Tarded Bob

LOL :D

edit: btw, ForulaGT, did you manually tell Bob to make pit stops or did he decide himself? This can also make a big difference in whether you win or not. I B-speced the 1000km Fuji 2 times in my 878B. The first time I told Bob when to pit and he came in first with a difference of 4 laps with no. 2 (R92CP). The second time I let Bob decide everything (I was gone for 5 hours and let the game run). He came in first, but only 8 sec. ahead of no. 2 (also R92CP)).

GeorgeMorley
No point B specing the Sarthe enduros, to many gliches, however you set your car up.

F1 car at La Sarthe; worked fine for me. I think I had about 6000-7000 B-spec points, set on 3 and forget it. Woke up to a Bentley, 6-7 laps ahead of the next-placed car.

But Mike Rotch had an awful time of it, sad to say.

I A-specced the 'Ring - just for fun.

Then did Sarthe enduros using a combination of A and B spec.

In UK version you can change over modes during pit-stops... don't think you can do that in all versions can you?

matski
In UK version you can change over modes during pit-stops... don't think you can do that in all versions can you?
Yes, you can change from A/B-spec in the NTSC versions.

But you gain neither A-spec nor B-spec points if doing so.

iLex

edit: btw, ForulaGT, did you manually tell Bob to make pit stops or did he decide himself? This can also make a big difference in whether you win or not. I B-speced the 1000km Fuji 2 times in my 878B. The first time I told Bob when to pit and he came in first with a difference of 4 laps with no. 2 (R92CP). The second time I let Bob decide everything (I was gone for 5 hours and let the game run). He came in first, but only 8 sec. ahead of no. 2 (also R92CP)).

I just let nature take its course. The only thing I monitered was his fuel intake, which was about 7/10 dots until I went to bed. (nervously sleeping:nervous:) But woke up to see he was 'comfortably' in the lead by 2 laps. What's your B-Spec skill? If he's below 6000-7000 he may have crashed, or run out of fuel (the latter is unlikely though), which can happen because the 'pit' light comes on when one or more of your tires turns orange, or your fuel is at 2 or less dots. And annoyingly, Bob sometimes thinks he can drive like the wind with bald tires, inevitably ending up in the kitty litter.

What An Idiot:grumpy:.

FormulaGT

Im going to try and do the sarthe (the one without the turns) in a road car. Not to sure which one Im going to use though. I was thing of a fully tuned zonda CS 7.3

hmmmmmmm.....

I usually Aspec the thing, until I'm almost a lap over everyone....pit in, switch over to B-Spec...and let him free. Other times, depending on the circuit I'll get him 2 laps over everyone myself before handing over the driving duties.

iLex

Wow, never heard of this car. New Group C car?

;)

GT4_Rule
Wow, never heard of this car. New Group C car?

;)

Yeah! Don't you have it!? Just press 'square-square-up-up-up-down-triangle' when your in the 165th lap of the 24 hours of Sarthe II.... And there's the 878B..... :)

GT4_Rule
^^^ :lol:

Man, nice typo you made. 878B.... HAHAHA

Ik know....of course I was talking about the 787B.... but you probably got that :)

edit: The whole thing about pushing buttons in a certain lap of a certain race is of course not true. There is no such thing as a 878B in GT4.... (just to be sure no one'll get mad at me after trying....)

GT4_Rule
Erm I'm not that dumb to believe that ;) and of course I got what your message was, I just wanted to tease you :D

:) And I got that.... hmmm, there is something typing text in a forum and not knowing who's 'on the other side' that makes it very difficult to communicate sometimes :boggled:

Hello guys this bug has been annoying me for an eternity, I am on a PAL system I have seen my B spec guy do the mid straight turn to both the left and right, drafting or just out in the lead, I have also seen the AI guys do it too. No matter what ride height it would occur. But as i was in unlocking mode i never looked at attempting to drive the LMP cars so i threw everthing at it. However once i brought the car back to standard and removed the drivers aids. I havn't seen the problem occur. I actually think the problem is actually the drivving aid having a fit when a wheel gets airborne on the straight, as the car seems to toally lock up till it stops then it takes off again.

Currently running a stock R8 In b mode, low ride height on sarth1 running 3:30 laps on medium pace and shes not putting a foot wrong. Even seems not to be understeering on the exit of chicane 1 :)

Hello everyone, I'm new here. 'Just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I too was suffering from the B-Tarded B spec glitch on Sarthe II and didn't know what to do, like many I even tried to do the 24 hours myself, alas it seemed pretty hopeless.

It was hopeless, but then I discovered this thread and it hit me, the drivers aids were locking up the wheels and with the low suspension etc turbulence or something was being created, causing B spec to go into spastic mode.

With some refined tuning, softer bound and rebound settings, raised height and slightly lower downforce I managed to win by 5 laps.

Occasionally the R8 would bite the wall, and must have at least 20 times (Mainly when overtake was on), but I noticed other cars (especially the Sauber) doing it too, so it all evened itself out. Kudos to everyone who suggested messing with the suspension. ;)

And now, I'm off to enjoy my 'free' Bentley Speed 8!! :P

Thanks everyone!

other than the usual bob flying into the barrier on the straight.. i noticed when he pitted once that not much was happening and he was in the pits bouncing up and down by the pit crew! then after a few moments he pitted ok and went off... weird eh

B-Specing the enduros does make strange things happen such as grinding to a stop on the straight but I think that's because Bob is programmed to turn there but can't. The really weird thing is, if you use the 787B, non of the weird stuff happens! Now that's weird.

The steadier you can get the car down the straight, the less B-Tard crashes, at least I find. It may not be the prettiest, but it does seem like a tweaked Audi R8 is the way to go in this one if you too can't be arsed to sit there for 24 hours.

This has happened to me too many times...

I have been driving A-spec for a few hours and then let Bob take over for a bit, when i have watched it in the "Live" view he NEVER turns for the chicane at the end of the Mulsanne! It loses me about 20 - 30 secs a lap, which is nigh on impossible to regain!

I think I might have to A-Spec it completely, but I'm not sure if my PS2 will hold out :scared:

This has happened to me too many times...

I have been driving A-spec for a few hours and then let Bob take over for a bit, when i have watched it in the "Live" view he NEVER turns for the chicane at the end of the Mulsanne! It loses me about 20 - 30 secs a lap, which is nigh on impossible to regain!

I think I might have to A-Spec it completely, but I'm not sure if my PS2 will hold out :scared:

You mean the Sarthe I Enduro? (Regular chicanes) Or number II (the infamous Indianapolis corner?) 'cause if that's the problem it may be that you have speed setting on 4 and maybe even overtake on, if this is the case then that's probably why he isn't slowing down quick enough.

Raise the ride height, soften the suspension and switch overtake OFF down the straight, it works sometimes but I find it is the cheif cause of crashes on the straight.

Few KEY Words: "Don't", "play" and "it". Simply becasue you won't get a car worth all the trouble you go through to get that prize car, (which just so happens to be an R8 and a Speed 8). What makes this worse is that you can BUY the R8 at 4,500,000 Cr. but cant buy the Bentley. Thing is, the Bentley isn't all that great. It accelerates very slow, and (i'm being prejudice on this one) probably doesn't beat the Pescarolos' performance. Sadly, the R8 could probably do better as well. Also, the R8 comes in Yellow and Red.

Well I'm getting off-topic, but so far what i notice is that the Japanese LMs tend to have the Quality over Quantity thing. By this I mean that it has the highest performances, but only to a point until it needs to pit-stop. Onthe Contrary, European LMs (this ones i used anyway) have longer endurance and use less fuel but lack the highest potential like the Japanese LMs. Need more reference? Go Race "Like the Wind" in a Minolta 88C-V in RH Tires, then go race it with a AMG CLK-GTR in RH Tires as well. Notice the difference?

I dunno, I like testing in the Bentley... And you can sell it for alot of money if you really don't like it.

It's certainly no Sauber, but it is a great car, so I don't think it wasn't worth the aggro.

I just wish that for Sarthe II you recieved a Group C car, which I feel considering the Audi R8 was given for I should have been the Porsche 962C...

I just find it odd they never secured porsche and that car, considering how long it dominated le mans for, it would have been well worth it... But that said, the Bentley isn't exactly a crap car.

A crap car would be the Alfa you get for the 1000 miles, or better yet the Nike One for the Saleen event, considering you've already got it; and a Saleen S7 racing car would have been great seeing as they threw a Zonda one in. (And not even the real one! Which is featured in Forza, licensing problems?)

The Speed 8 was, to me, worth the trouble. Sure, you can buy the R8 as well, but that way you'll never get the crucial percentage towards game completion. Now, if you don't care about completing the game, then just go buy the R8 when you have enough money. But there is a point to enduring 24 hours of grueling race and then winning an one-off car.

Back