What is happening to some people in the Sarthe enduros?

• Thread starter Zardoz
  • 287 comments
I used the Audi R8 Race Car. A-Spec for the first few laps and then pitted in when tyres got bare, switched to B-Spec, let him run till lap 146, did another 7 laps in A-Spec and handed it back to bob and let him finish. Note: I never went over setting 3 for B-Spec, didnt want to take the risk.

I havent used the Bentley Speed 8 yet, dont plan to yet, i just wanted to complete the race:)

The MINOLTA has so many problems on the Sarthe Enduro II. The sharp turn after the straight away just merks the car. (B-spec) I'm going 221mph, i brake down to 50mph, i take the turn and @#$%, I'M ON THE SAND?! Too bad for me I haven't completed the professional events yet, so i cant go to extreme and attempt to get the Sauber C9. I'm not sure what version NTSC or PAL is, but i got a north american one. I might try the Forumla GT1 Car later today for the Enduro race.

If you really want a good enduro car, get a 787B. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: The Toyota Minolta is a terrible enduro car. Hard on tires and gas.

The 787B was nice,but I used the R8,and got a good lead,I did all the racing,and pitted alot,my only competion was the R92CP,kept rear ending me (even pushed me into the dirt once),so i hit him into the pits:mischievous:

I dunno, I like testing in the Bentley... And you can sell it for alot of money if you really don't like it.

It's certainly no Sauber, but it is a great car, so I don't think it wasn't worth the aggro.

I just wish that for Sarthe II you recieved a Group C car, which I feel considering the Audi R8 was given for I should have been the Porsche 962C...

I just find it odd they never secured porsche and that car, considering how long it dominated le mans for, it would have been well worth it... But that said, the Bentley isn't exactly a crap car.

A crap car would be the Alfa you get for the 1000 miles, or better yet the Nike One for the Saleen event, considering you've already got it; and a Saleen S7 racing car would have been great seeing as they threw a Zonda one in. (And not even the real one! Which is featured in Forza, licensing problems?)
i agree with you on the nike one car. there's no place to race it. i eventually got rid of it(havent raced the saleen races yet). however, the alfa should come in handy when i decide to race the euro classic series and the italian series(unless they throw in the zondas:grumpy: ) to contribute to this post: i raced the 1000 miles event at sarthe II (one with no chicanes) in my '64 GTO. reached 205 mph on the mulsanne, and it was getting squirrely(a-spec). turned it over to bobby and had him go run-4 or run-5 and he kamikazed into the wall at mulsanne corner every time! i definitly think that the orders have something to do with it.

hi so bloody frustrated this morning, I originally used the Formula Gran Turismo for the endurance race in Circuit de la Sarthe II, stuck it on b-spec and went downstairs, after an hour came back upstairs and the car was sitting in 5th place :dunce: , so I sacked that and used the Nissan R89CP, now I have boosted all the options on the car stuck the front tyres to hard and the rear to super so that it can last some distance the same thing happened.....went downstairs got back upstairs and it was sitting in about 3rd or 4th...now I had it set at number 4 increased speed and overtake....still no good...I started again in a-spec flew past all the cars into 1st got 237pmh down the straight (for some reason in b-spec only 212mph was achievable???), lapped the cars pulled into pits for a tyre change put the car in b-spec, checked on the car after an hour, still 1st place, switched TV off woke up this morning to find the car in 3rd position and a lap behind the Jag and about a minute behine the Merc :grumpy: , conclusion.......pi55ed off and switched the game off, so much for 10 hours that was accumilated....HELP what is going on???????????????

well I guess no-one can be bothered to reply as this has been going on for sometime I guess?? Anyway, update - Circuit De La Sarthe completed with the Mazda 747B, but joy oh joy....Circuit De La Sarthe II, started it yesteday using the Audi R8, kept it in B-Spec everything going swimmingly, switched of TV at 6 hours, woke up expecting a gold cup...BUT...........found my self in 2nd place and about 25 seconds behind the Mazda lap 198 or 298 (cant remember) and Bob was smacking the R8 against the wall on the mulsanne straight, I cant bloody believe it!!!!!! So at 23 hours I was in the 3rd place, over 2 minutes down, Bob was still pissed up and smacking into the wall, the Sauber was happy but not as happy as the Mazda......conclusion switched it off after 23H 12 minutes, I actually got that pee'd off :grumpy:

KDC
well I guess no-one can be bothered to reply as this has been going on for sometime I guess??
Besides the fact that you only posted your remarks two days ago, perhaps another reason you aren't getting any replies is that the answer to your topic has already been discussed many times throughout this very thread. It is a glitch with this track while using B-spec, with some of the cars.

The general rule of thumb is that if or when you are going to B-spec it, have a B-spec driver with high skill points, don't set it for more than '2' when not monitoring the race, and use cars with better handling.... or monitor the race more frequently.

Besides the fact that you only posted your remarks two days ago, perhaps another reason you aren't getting any replies is that the answer to your topic has already been discussed many times throughout this very thread. It is a glitch with this track while using B-spec, with some of the cars.

The general rule of thumb is that if or when you are going to B-spec it, have a B-spec driver with high skill points, don't set it for more than '2' when not monitoring the race, and use cars with better handling.... or monitor the race more frequently.

cheers for the reply...hopefully you can understand the frustrations after 23 hours of B- Spec mode then having to abandon the game due to **** - Up and the car slamming??? If this would not pi55 you off then your a bigger man than me and I guess I better just sit back and take it slowly.

I will try what you said and choose another car...however as I stated previously the Mazda won the first part of sarthe with no problems in B- spec, so I can't understand why there was a problem with the second part of sarthe??

As why I did not read all 13 pages, well if your pretty pi55ed off first thing in the morning then your not going to sit and be calm enough to read all 13 pages, well I wouldn't hence the post !

Frustration is heartfelt my friend, having entered both Sarthe I & II enduros several times with various cars and set-ups and A-spec/ B-spec combinations only to abandon the race as I came to realize the coveted prize would not be mine that day.

However, something which eventually helped me (Bob actually) win both Sarthe I & II, was to simply set my B-spec speed to '2' and let Bob drive the Nissan R92CP to victory. I put a stage 4 turbo on the R92 for Sarthe II which Bob managed very nicely. At the time, Bob had about 6800 points, so I trusted him with the car and corners.

Besides setting the speeds to a slower setting, something else to consider is the field of cars you may face in these enduros. If you find that your car is facing a very challenging field, and you in fact don't want to be challenged so, then it may be helpful to exit out and re-enter the race against a less formidable field. Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck!

Frustration is heartfelt my friend, having entered both Sarthe I & II enduros several times with various cars and set-ups and A-spec/ B-spec combinations only to abandon the race as I came to realize the coveted prize would not be mine that day.

However, something which eventually helped me (Bob actually) win both Sarthe I & II, was to simply set my B-spec speed to '2' and let Bob drive the Nissan R92CP to victory. I put a stage 4 turbo on the R92 for Sarthe II which Bob managed very nicely. At the time, Bob had about 6800 points, so I trusted him with the car and corners.

Besides setting the speeds to a slower setting, something else to consider is the field of cars you may face in these enduros. If you find that your car is facing a very challenging field, and you in fact don't want to be challenged so, then it may be helpful to exit out and re-enter the race against a less formidable field. Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck!

Massive thanks for the understanding and advice, I was super annoyed when I first started to do the Endurance races I deliberately left Sarthe I & II till last, I B-Spec'ed all the endurance races with different cars but the Mazda was the favourite in the majority of them, until Sarthe :grumpy: ...it did eventually win me Sarthe I but not II. I am going to set the R92CP up the way you said and give it a go...hopefully I can finally put an end to the nightmare :scared: lol...cheers again buddy 👍

a great thread about a lame problem. my game save got wiped as i was saving when the power went off :(. so i goto do it all again! (kinda cool actually, used a more disciplined strategy this time)

but with the strategies/info here i think it is certainly doable ;). i tried it before, even a-spec'd it to 12 hours in. though i fear my ageing ps2 may not enjoy doing a 24 hr race manualy again ;)

big up!

I Tried Le Mans 24 hr with the Pescarolo car with just one turbo upgrade and after i got the lead in A-spec with about a couple of laps ahead and came in for gas every eight laps pretty much. Gas goes a lot quicker than tires but changed tires just in case. After the two lap lead went in the pits and let bob handle it for a while. After six hours gave it another try and the car was still in the lead and this was with the Nissan car and 787B and Sauber with the Minolta so it was pretty challenging. In the end the Pescarolo did not crash at any moment, maybe had some slight excursions but nothing big at all. Set it at 4 with Hard tires. Full downforce. Just my 2 cents.

on Sarthe I, after the 2nd bend on the huge straight some cars will brake and try to turn and just end up driving alongside the wall for a while before the bottom bend. If this makes sense. It's happened to me and it's happened to the other AI drivers aswell

I'm not sure but my strategy on endurance races is i do 5 push till i get about 10 seconds ahead and set it to cruise(setting 2) and i dont think i ever had problems with sarthethen again i left it over night so i didnt see the race haha

Another strange thing is that when you drive down the mulsanne straight your meant to go full throttle, but Bob and the AI barely touched 200 in the 230mph racers, why?

Another strange thing is that when you drive down the mulsanne straight your meant to go full throttle, but Bob and the AI barely touched 200 in the 230mph racers, why?
That's a myth that has been dubunked several times.... and you were already informed of this in the following thread:

Did Gran Turismo AI Improve Over The Years?

I find it annoying how they never go full throttle on the mulsanne straight, they always stop as 200mph or so, they only floor it on the test course, and even then they break at the corners and when they approach each other.
This is not true.

Run a race on Le Sarthe, or even just to the point where the AI finish going down the Mulsanne, then stop and play the replay. Select any AI car, then press the 'SQUARE' button and select "Display", here you can see exactly how much throttle and brake the AI use, as well as gear, speed, RPMs, REV limiter warning light, and G-force. If you press the 'X' button to get the inside car view w/instrument panel you can also view the exact RPMs as well as turbo boost (for cars with Turbos).

Believe me, I've spent a ridiculous amount of time putting the AI through countless miles and hours of testing in order to better understand how they perform, and I promise you, they go full throttle down the Mulsanne, as they do throughout all the races. The difference is that they won't force the rev limiter to kick in, but make no mistake about it, they are using full throttle all the way to the edge of the rev limits.

It is also important to know that the AI use different types of tires for different types of races, and so for accurate comparisons you must be sure you are using the same car, same set-up, and same tires.

A stock, default tuned 787b will max out at about 215mph (without drafting of course)... a tad more if you push it so that the rev limiter kicks in. The AI tops out at 215 mph in the 787b, but will not make the rev limiter kick in, and will keep it steadily at 215 mph.

I am new to the site and I have never done the endurance races, but I have played all Gran turismo games and I am almost certain it has nothing to do with setup. If you read back some people said changing the setup did not help. I think this is a glitch. The B-Spec Bob is probably very sensitive to the high-speed bump's on that very circuit, and this may be causing the game engine that controls him to get nervous and steer the car into the barrier to get away from the bump. It then hugs the inside of the wall for a little while, which probably happens as the game engine is trying to reset itself back on track. I'm not sure, but am almost certain that this is the problem.

P.S: Please dont criticise my theroie, I am only taking a guess!💡

I am new to the site and I have never done the endurance races, but I have played all Gran turismo games and I am almost certain it has nothing to do with setup. If you read back some people said changing the setup did not help. I think this is a glitch. The B-Spec Bob is probably very sensitive to the high-speed bump's on that very circuit, and this may be causing the game engine that controls him to get nervous and steer the car into the barrier to get away from the bump. It then hugs the inside of the wall for a little while, which probably happens as the game engine is trying to reset itself back on track. I'm not sure, but am almost certain that this is the problem.

P.S: Please dont criticise my theroie, I am only taking a guess!💡

Don't think so. Was going down the straight when Bob suddenly turned to the right, and wallride down to a complete stop. I could see the wheel turned to the right all the way down 'till he stopped.
I used the Nissan R89 setup found on this site.

Info:
Pal system.
Happend on lap 9, was pitting at lap 7, so tires was green.
Car Nissan R92

Tried with Minolta, with the same result.

bought the Playstation c60 for 4.5 mill. today.
So far 5h into the game, I lead by almost 2 laps.
Erratic behaviour so far:
XJR-9 doing wall rides on the straight. Watched it tree times, always to the left side.
Sauber C9 also wall rides. Twice to the right side.
GT40 spins out way to much..
My C60, only watched wall ride once, to the right side. Still lead though.
Running on R3/R2 tires. speed setting 3.

I think this problem is caused by excessive speed. I found I stopped the problem with various cars by reducing their speed. Most of the LMs can have their gears tweaked to achieve much higher top speeds than the AI. If you're having trouble, try this - make sure you haven't got extra turbos installed, and don't tune the gears for absolutely maximum top speed. If you just lengthen the gears a bit, you will still get a higher top speed than the AI. This solved the problem completely for me.

After getting some advice from this thread I tried running it with an Audi R8. Raised the suspension a few notches, dropped the shock bound and rebound 2 notches and autoset the tranny to I believe 25. 228 down the straights, not one spinout, smoked it!!

My bspec skill is around 6900. Thanks a lot everyone whos posted ideas!

It does not only happen on B-Spec, it happened to me while I was driving it too.

It mainly has to do with both ride height (if it's too low) and downforce on the car's front. If you decrease the frontal downforce, it will greatly help both your speed and lap times, since you won't be picking your car off the rails every lap.

I'm about 19 hours into the Sarthe II enduro, and I'm using my Audi R8. The Last time I checked it last night, I was 5 laps ahead of the last place guy (Jaguar XJR-9) And 2 laps ahead of 2nd place (88C-V). I haven't had my R8 hit any walls yet that I know of.

I'm about 19 hours into the Sarthe II enduro, and I'm using my Audi R8. The Last time I checked it last night, I was 5 laps ahead of the last place guy (Jaguar XJR-9) And 2 laps ahead of 2nd place (88C-V). I haven't had my R8 hit any walls yet that I know of.

Yeah mine seems to be ok so far too!

Back