What is, in your opinion, the best GT game ever made, and why?

What is, in your opinion, the best Gran Turismo game ever made, and why?

• Gran Turismo 2000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo: Concept 2001 Geneva

• Gran Turismo: Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva

• Gran Turismo 4: Prologue

• Gran Turismo HD

• Does Tourist Trophy count?

• Total voters
I never played GT1 and I enjoyed GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6. I spent ages playing each one until the next iteration became available, no honestly I spent ages playing them all like I was haunted or something. GT2 started me on my way, so many unique cars and some still never seen again:irked:. I still actually have two GT2 saves on my PS2. I played a lot of two player in GT3 with my brother and buddies doing tandem drifts all day on Trial Mountain, GT3 was great but tire physics were bonkers in that game, you could burn out forever in a straight line(on sim tires), lol. GT4 well goodness possibly the heftiest GT content wise there were tons of things in that game that seemingly are out of place but fit, that Jazz music makes anything Kaz tossed in the game seemingly mellow. GT4 also saw me using tunneling program to play online with others who took the time to go through the headache using Xband or whatever he heck it was called.

GT5/Prologue took GT online officially and loved it, played almost 90% of the time online with others in lobbies racing, racing leagues, shuffle races, seasonals for that cash for no reason and free cars and hanging out talking about cars. GT6 online and enjoyed the improvements to GT5 and hated the culls of what GT5 had, better garage in that game but it was rushed and had a huge day 1 patch, which I avoided and glitched cars because the economy was broke. GT PSP needs special mention as I got that to hold me when I wasn't at home, funny thing it was the first GT game that actually had in car with the correct perspective, which was better than the nonsense Kaz gave us for standard cars in GT5. Wow! Was a bit weird but I understood the setup of no single player and simply random arcade races were fun, cars felt solid even on the PSP.

NO vote for me yet, I loved all my GT experiences to varying degrees, can't choose the best one really since my tastes have changed and GT2 would have gotten the nod but it's visuals are horrendous now and sounds are literally all bees in cans in different keys. But it also had cars that aren't around anymore in any GT, so many sexy autos gone, my heart weeps for those who'll never get to tangle with the likes of the '98 Oreca Viper in it's red white and blue Le Man outfit, or all 3 of the Toyota GT-One, the original Speed 12, Venturi Atlantique 650GT LM(what a looker it was), Weigert Vector W8...the list of sweet auto history was in GT2. A Spec custom Mazda bodykits were probably the sexiest things I ever saw in GT. I have to go play GT2 now because nostalgia has been awakened.(just have to dig the PS2 out of the desk of ancient consoles)

The original Gran Turismo, because it was groundbreaking for its time and all that's happened since is incremental. With nostalgia out of the way, the game I spent most time playing in the series is GT5.

GT2 because it expanded on the previous title in a way that no other version ever quite managed to accomplish. GT4 comes a close 2nd mainly due to LAN and the UKGTP's that it spawned. :) 👍

Okay, let's eliminate the lesser games first.

Gran Turismo 4: The Real Understeer Simulator
Gran Turismo PSP was great fun but isn't a complete game.
Gran Turismo Concept Tokyo-Geneva 2002 was quirky and a nice bit of filler.

Never played Gran Turismo 6 nor Gran Turismo Sport and the Prologues are disqualified from consideration.

So onto the candidates:

Gran Turismo cemented my love of racing games.
Gran Turismo 2 was the most fun to play in that way childhood games will always appeal to you.
I have a much deeper appreciation for Gran Turismo 3 as an adult.
I had the best and most enjoyable time racing in Gran Turismo 5.

Tough to choose. This is something whose answer fluctuates frequently. At the moment I might say Gran Tursimo 3 because it's the game I have played the least and therefore pine for the most.

Most enjoyable single player: GT4
Most enjoyable online: GT5P
Best physics: The Academy TT that ran just before GT5 (how did they ruin the physics in the real game so badly?)

I've had all the main games since GT1 (didn't bother with 2000, HD and the concept versions). Most enjoyable period for me overall was GT5P... Didn't matter it was only really half a game, with limited cars and tracks, and that I was still playing with a pad for half the games life... The online racing and banter with Dan, Timo, Rudi, Dion, Ron, Maz (and many more whose names are now a distant memory) was just amazing night after night.

Hi everyone, I had a hard decision to choose because I'm a fan of GT sinc GT1, GT4 was definitely the best single player, gt5 also had a very good single player, i chose gt5 because of the first time used view from inside of the car, possibility to create several drivers for b-spect and separate b-spect mode.

I would've chosen GT2 if I didn't play GT3 but once I've gotten the opportunity to play GT3, it pretty much seals the deal for me that GT3 is the best for me. Despite the no. of cars in the game, the amount of fun I had with GT3 was a lot compared to GT2. Plus the replay cam for GT3 is the best I've seen (GT Sport might take that one).

The GT's I spent the least amount of time with are GT3 and 4. It was a crazy time of my life and I barely got any time with 4. Once 5 was out, I had a stable living situation and job. When GT1 came out in the USA, I was 14 years old and spent a TON of time with that one, and GT2 as well.

My favorite has to be GT1 closely followed by GT2. I learned everything I know about cars and driving from those original games. 90s racing games featuring 90s cars when they were basically brand new and current? Those WERE the days.

I only played GT5 and GT6 so voted 6.

And I assume with a franchise spanning over 20 years there will be more people who vote that way. :)

GT3.

GT4 and GT6 are probably better games, but the experience I had with GT3 was amazing, my friend had the game two and we would constantly be sharing memory cards, trying to help each other with the licences... finally getting into that fake F1 series and having all the secret end game stuff unlock was also, mind blowing.
The graphics and music were also really good, that opening cinematic!

I was 17 when GT3 came out so I got my real driver's license, and I made sure this song played CONSTANTLY. Same year The Fast & The Furious came out! WHAT A YEAR 2001 WAS!

Went with GT5P. Vast improvement in physics and graphics/immersion over GT4, coupled with nice pickup online racing.

People nowadays seem to want so much content-wise from a racing title. I'm sure a lot of ppl feel the wait for GT5 (with GT5P) was much more fun than the eventual (huge & inconsistent) mainline entry...

Back