what is one thing that you don't like about GT3?

• Thread starter morganhead
  • 219 comments
for me, it's the fact that you can spin the RWD cars so quickly. like, i can't get past IB-10 of the license test because the skyline keeps spinning out. the harder i turn, the worse it spins out

oh, and btw, you must name only one.

Just go easy on the throttle:sly:

The differences in the PAL and NTSC license times and that the time trials are far too easy, especially the last one. It is supposed to be the hardest one but if you beat it the first time around then how hard is that?

Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V '99

Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00

Lancia Deta HF Intergrale Rally Car

Pagani Zonda C12 '00

Pagani Zonda Race Car

Pagani Zonda C12 S '00

I think there should be more Italian Cars

i know this is a what u hate thread .... but theres a lot of errors like howits possible to have all the cars in the game in a week ... but the music brings back good memories

Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V '99

Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00

Lancia Deta HF Intergrale Rally Car

Pagani Zonda C12 '00

Pagani Zonda Race Car

Pagani Zonda C12 S '00

I think there should be more Italian Cars
Agreed. I also think there should be more French cars. The selection in this game was as pathetic as the selection of Italian cars in GT2. I know Venturi shut down but does that mean Polyphony loses the right to put it in games now?

I didn't like the fact that some dealerships only had one car. BMW, Aston Martin, Shelby, and a few others. When there was many more cars from those manufactures in GT2. But, for creating the cars for GT3's graphics on the PS2 it took quite more time to make one car than it took to make a car in GT2. They made more than 500 cars in a year for GT2, and about 150 cars in 2 years for GT3.

I didn't like the fact that some dealerships only had one car. BMW, Aston Martin, Shelby, and a few others. When there was many more cars from those manufactures in GT2. But, for creating the cars for GT3's graphics on the PS2 it took quite more time to make one car than it took to make a car in GT2. They made more than 500 cars in a year for GT2, and about 150 cars in 2 years for GT3.

Aston Martin had 3 cars.

Umm to be honest, and you can disagree with me.. But there aren't many race cars in the game, there's only like 10 and I've got them all gee I miss getting new race cars (ps I have the f1s as well)

The sheer lack of content. GT3 is still my favorite GT, but if it had more tracks and cars it would be my favorite game of all time. There's just not enough different courses to race on, and not enough cars to race them on.

I've had GT3 for over 9 years, but sort of fell out and then let an old friend have my copy. Bought another one after getting tired of GT4 and fell back in love.

I don't mind the lack of cars compared to other GTs (and after all, most of the "different" cars in GT2 were just palette swaps of other GT1/GT2/GT500/350 cars), but I do mind this:

Oil light goes on every 186 miles. That's about an hour's worth of uninterrupted full speed driving at Le Mans, or about half of the 100 Lap Tokyo R246 race. And for the longer series like the GTWC or the F1 races, that's a major disadvantage, when your AI opponents apparently get their cars entirely rebuilt while your battle-worn GT-One/R390 shows up at the track, dirtied up and losing power by the mile. Then you go on to the next race, even more down on power, while the AI have acquired new cars yet again.

The over-aggressiveness of the AI. Just go race them in a car with the same performance as them, and it's easy to notice (especially at SSR11) how they try to pass you recklessly even if there is barely any gap for a moped...

Not enough cars

Well, mainly because Polyphony Digital took less than two years to create Gran Turismo 3. With modeling the cars took a day for each car, while it took just a few hours to model one car in GT1 and GT2, as I recall. Then the additional time modeling the tracks and getting all of the physics and other techy stuff, didn't give them more time to have more cars than 150 cars in the game.

Well, mainly because Polyphony Digital took less than two years to create Gran Turismo 3. With modeling the cars took a day for each car, while it took just a few hours to model one car in GT1 and GT2, as I recall. Then the additional time modeling the tracks and getting all of the physics and other techy stuff, didn't give them more time to have more cars than 150 cars in the game.

I didn't realize they had to crunch their time frame like that, all I can say is WOW. Makes me appreciate the game that much more that's for sure.

The ONLY thing I dislike about GT3 (besides the cars and tracks and whatnot) is that you can only have one Save-Data PER MEMORY CARD. My friends wanted to have their own Save-Data all in one memory card so that they wouldn't have to use up their own memory cards and everyone would be happy... but then the big:ouch:! Aside from that, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec will be my #1 favorite game of ALL TIME!

What I don't like is the sharp difficulty curve. It starts off easy (mostly because all you can afford is a MX-5, unless you get the prizes for Time Trials and Licenses) but then, even in events like the MR Challenge in Amateur, you suddenly have to pack a fully tricked-out car if you want to win.

I had a MR-2 GT-S with a full-power engine and proper tires and I was still 5 seconds behind the fully-modded Motorsports Elise used by the AI. I had to use the prize Zonda to match the AI's constant 1:20.xxx.

While I don't mind the game being challenging, I find that there are too many races that require cars at the highest tiers of performance. It doesn't help that most of the vehicle rewards are rather underwhelming.

The AI's aggressive performance would be better justified in GT4, with its large quantity of quality prize cars and high performance used cars.

1) The only way to make decent progress & money at the beginning is to get all gold on B & R Licenses for the respectively freely-earned Mariner Blue Mazda Miata MX-5 RS and (more importantly) the Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype '01, so you can blaze through early races and all the rally races respectively, which in fact I just did recently in going through my GT3 save game, since I already have gotten through Arcade Mode & the sometimes-dreadful Time Trials in it which also means I won a free Panoz Esperante GTR-1.

2) The events duplicate themselves two or three times through the stupid Beginner/Amateur/Professional thing and all the three versions of each darn Rally race, when there should just be a difficulty setting for it. Maybe it's a cheap way to increase game time completing it and/or a hasty/Kamikaze decision by PD to appeal to new drivers and people with absolutely no money (unless, like I said, get over that problem with gold free prize cars on B & R Licenses.)

Last edited:
Back