what is one thing that you don't like about GT3?

• Thread starter morganhead
  • 219 comments
What I don't like is the sharp difficulty curve. It starts off easy (mostly because all you can afford is a MX-5, unless you get the prizes for Time Trials and Licenses) but then, even in events like the MR Challenge in Amateur, you suddenly have to pack a fully tricked-out car if you want to win.

I had a MR-2 GT-S with a full-power engine and proper tires and I was still 5 seconds behind the fully-modded Motorsports Elise used by the AI. I had to use the prize Zonda to match the AI's constant 1:20.xxx.

While I don't mind the game being challenging, I find that there are too many races that require cars at the highest tiers of performance. It doesn't help that most of the vehicle rewards are rather underwhelming.

The AI's aggressive performance would be better justified in GT4, with its large quantity of quality prize cars and high performance used cars.

As I've said in thread for other GT games, a difficulty setting would do proper and possibly it could be made also that the opponents are near or slightly above your tuning level, unless, like you, they could be fully tuned, and, honest to God, since I've got an insane amount of money from plowing through the rally races with a free-earned Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype, I know in my GT3 game save don't mind blowing alot of it fully-tuning a particular car :dopey: :sly:

Last edited:
I don't like the random gifting of the price car. I don't like randomnes, it needs to be logical and predictable. I'm German. :lol:

One thing I hate about GT3 is the method for getting the legendary Toyota GT-One road or race cars. I don't have 10 hours to do the events over and over again just so I can get SO CLOSE and then get the Nissan Z Concept

One thing I hate about GT3 is the method for getting the legendary Toyota GT-One road or race cars. I don't have 10 hours to do the events over and over again just so I can get SO CLOSE and then get the Nissan Z Concept
Here's a suggestion.

Right before the last race of the championship, save your game.

When it goes to the last race, start the race (no qualifying to speed up the process) and exit out if you're going to win the champ anyway. Then, when the prize cars show up, and you don't get the right one, don't save your game, reset your PS2/3 and it will be back at the last race of the championship for you to exit out of when starting and try again for another prize car.

Honestly, though, if any of the original games were remade (GT1/2/3/4), the rewards system should allow you to choose what prize car you want and what color you want!!!! :crazy: Thankfully, I'm only 50-75 percent sure but I think GT PSP doesn't give you prize cars AND I'm 100 percent sure GT5 only gives one prize car per completed event, so hopefully that should transfer to GT6's rewards system.

Last edited:
I hated how some tracks were lengthed compared to their GT1 or 2 counterparts. For example Test Course was an awesome speed fest in Mega Speed Cup that seemed too short but it was so fun trying to get the fastest speed. In GT3 it was so friggen long and bored me to death, like the Like the Wind cup...I think I used one hand on the controller hitting X and steering and the other hand was holding a book and I checked the screen every now and then.

Actually even worse...that castrated version of Special Stage Route 11, taking away that sharp kink corner from the middle of the circuit ruined everything! Used to be a hell of a thrill to burn through there without screwing it.

Difficulty spikes. Beginner races? No problem. Amateur races? Ok, a bit harder. Professional? Holy 🤬! When would a stock R32 EVER keep up with a Pagani Zonda S?
And don't even get me started on the Rally events in Simulation mode. Rubber-banding is put into full effect here, combined with painfully long races and a very VERY aggressive A.I.

The license tests in Gran Turismo 3 in the PAL version insane to gold. S-8 for example the gold time is shorter than the NTSC version of Gran Turiamo 3.

Back