What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
I want to use the italia for it, but think the stock one would be outclassed if some of the harder opponents showed up. I mean my bobs sometimes have one or two cars that actually keep up with their stealth mclaren, and they lap in the 8:20 range, my laps in the stock italia are around 7:25(tourist track street softs), adding the race track onto that time and it would be about 8:40-9:30 a lap estimating for better race tires on the car, tho i do have fully modded italia that would probably be very competitive.

Still i prefer my cars stock i might give it go my first time in the stock italia throw racing hards on it see how it goes. Doubt but one or two other cars in the race could give me any problem cause a bunch of the cars seem totally lame.

Could always break out my mclaren mc4 with 800 bhp, that car is always a kick in the head to drive blinding fast, wild as heck your going to be smoking the tires around corners, maybe not the best car for 4 hours of driving but even if you are killing the field it would never ever be boring.

A-Spec: X1, since you can get some laps on the guys quick, then kill time ramming into them.

B-Spec: A limo with a privacy screen, since you'll be sleeping through that time-waster anyways.

You could give a try with an AEM S2000 or a fully modded RX-7 and it for sure be a hell of fun, but it might be too risky. Better make it safe without being boring.

I'd recommend you to go for cars like Nissan GT-R, Lexus LF-A, some slightly modded JGTC cars or touring cars but actually, any car you enjoy to drive within the 500-600 HP range and extra downforce for the tricky sections of the ring could do.

Doesn't help a lot, eh? :lol:

So, I've posted the hardest car that the AI will use...

There's two cars you need to watch out for, the Amuse s2000 turbo and the Audi R8 LMS (basically a GT3 R8 road car).

The rest of the AI cars are like shopping trolleys, but these two are so much faster..

I mean ALOT faster...

Watch out for the RUF Yellowbird, the AI driver simply can't control it and spins alot.

On two occasions I came flying round a bend to see it in the middle of the track, facing me with black marks all over the track leading up to it's stationary position.

Highly amusing after the race, real brown pants moment in the race..

you could give a try with an aem s2000 or a fully modded rx-7 and it for sure be a hell of fun, but it might be too risky. Better make it safe without being boring.

I'd recommend you to go for cars like nissan gt-r, lexus lf-a, some slightly modded jgtc cars or touring cars but actually, any car you enjoy to drive within the 500-600 hp range and extra downforce for the tricky sections of the ring could do.

Doesn't help a lot, eh? :lol:

lol :D

There's two cars you need to watch out for, the Amuse s2000 turbo and the Audi R8 LMS (basically a GT3 R8 road car).

The rest of the AI cars are like shopping trolleys, but these two are so much faster..

I mean ALOT faster...

Watch out for the RUF Yellowbird, the AI driver simply can't control it and spins alot.

On two occasions I came flying round a bend to see it in the middle of the track, facing me with black marks all over the track leading up to it's stationary position.

Highly amusing after the race, real brown pants moment in the race..

What car did you use?

I forgot to mention, you need to test a car out on the 'Ring first, some cars simply do not like the bumpy nature of the track, whereas the Falken R34 I used soaked up those bumps like a sponge, but still felt tight on the smoother GP circuit part of the track.

I forgot to mention, you need to test a car out on the 'Ring first, some cars simply do not like the bumpy nature of the track, whereas the Falken R34 I used soaked up those bumps like a sponge, but still felt tight on the smoother GP circuit part of the track.

Did the Falken keep the racing competitive for you?
Or were you miles ahead of the AI?

How about the S2000 LM GT livery race car?
If you're pitted against the S2000 turbo this LM car will put up a good fight plus it's a frill to drive it. It's a LM spec car so it's perfect for an enduro.

I would race modify the Lexus ISF or use the ISF Racing concept, then you can pretent to be Kaz. (watch the gttv 24hr Nurburgring vid if you dont know what I mean)

How about the S2000 LM GT livery race car?
If you're pitted against the S2000 turbo this LM car will put up a good fight plus it's a frill to drive it. It's a LM spec car so it's perfect for an enduro.

I'll have to find that in the UCD won't I?
But I did buy an Amuse S2000 GT1 the other day...

Seeing as I have an S2000 GT1, should I perform any tuning to it?
Or just leave it stock?
I want close competition but I don't know what the AI will be using in terms of modifications.

May I suggest some alternative choices?

A fully upgrade Evora - a bit slower than the Amuse GT1, but with driver skill over AI speed you should have an advantage, handles as sweet as anything can be.

Fully upgraded RM Elise S1 if you are really up for a challenge, you will have to build a big gap in the twisties and prepare to lost it all in the straights, the "hardcore" option, but the drive is amazing.

The Opera performance 350Z, that thing at stock power is the more predictable FR in game, give it some more juice you have a very nice endurance machine that doesn't zap your strength away.

A modified M3 is also a great choice, at least you can paint it orange and pretend it is the M3GTS, hella sweet ride as well.

Seeing as I have an S2000 GT1, should I perform any tuning to it?
Or just leave it stock?
I want close competition but I don't know what the AI will be using in terms of modifications.

The AI tune their cars?

EDIT: I would use a McLaren F1 like some guy said, its by far my favorite car to drive. Its by no means perfect but everytime I use it I always come away smiling. :)

May I suggest some alternative choices?

A fully upgrade Evora - a bit slower than the Amuse GT1, but with driver skill over AI speed you should have an advantage, handles as sweet as anything can be.

Fully upgraded RM Elise S1 if you are really up for a challenge, you will have to build a big gap in the twisties and prepare to lost it all in the straights, the "hardcore" option, but the drive is amazing.

The Opera performance 350Z, that thing at stock power is the more predictable FR in game, give it some more juice you have a very nice endurance machine that doesn't zap your strength away.

A modified M3 is also a great choice, at least you can paint it orange and pretend it is the M3GTS, hella sweet ride as well.

The M3 sounds like another brilliant choice, but which one though?

The AI tune their cars?

EDIT: I would use a McLaren F1 like some guy said, its by far my favorite car to drive. Its by no means perfect but everytime I use it I always come away smiling. :)

I don't see why they shouldn't

I would drive the F1 but I want competitve racing.
The F1 will just blow them away.

I don't see why they shouldn't

I would drive the F1 but I want competitve racing.
The F1 will just blow them away.

The car is getting on a bit now, so it wont go round corners as fast as your newer competitors, as you said the Amuse has 600bhp and weighs 1100kg. So that should be good competition.

Since you have the stealth cars, I'd say the GT-R GT500. Fast and forgiving, and genuinely fun to drive.

Thats the one, they just look so cool. They are in nfs shift, maybe you got mixed up?

I would just tune it to have 30-70 less bhp than the faster competitors and have similar or more weight.

Yeah, probably NFS, considering I put 100 hours into that game (40 hours then another 60 hours after PS3 got red screen).
Anyways, I think I've found the car that I want!
BMW, joy (like the adverts :D)
Thanks for that very good suggestion, I hope to have fun!

full suspension drivetrain aero etc etc, the competitions are fully tuned japanese sports car so that's about equal.

I don't remember how low can you drop the weight down, but something close to 1100kg and 550ps will be good.

Sorry, but what is ps?

Not sure which car, but I am going to take my 430 Scuderia to it, just so I can groove to the sounds it makes, incredible music :) it makes.

Back