What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
Just realised that I haven't posted my results here.
I won with the M3 by 3 seconds!
A very close and competitive race, concentration needed throughout.
Very happy with my choice of car.

Fully tuned, Racing Hards.
All aero parts and oil changes.
Very competitive, for more competitiveness, reduce BHP or whatever.

I did it with the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08 and had a ball.
Didnt tune it at all - only racing softs and only went off track 3 or 4 times - Lapped everyone except the S2000 (-4.XXXminutes)

I did it with the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08 and had a ball.
Didnt tune it at all - only racing softs and only went off track 3 or 4 times - Lapped everyone except the S2000 (-4.XXXminutes)

The Lexus is too fast for a competitive race in my opinion.
Even if you used EXACTLY the same car, you would blow away the slow AI.

The Lexus is too fast for a competitive race in my opinion.
Even if you used EXACTLY the same car, you would blow away the slow AI.

The S2000 is much faster than the lexus it has over 600 hp and 1100 kg and the lexus has less then 560 hp and 1350 kg
I didnt use it because I would blow them away I used it because it seem pretty similar to most of the AI cars and its one of the cars in the game I enjoy the most.

And I wouldnt risk too much on doing 4 hours of racing just to do it again :D

The S2000 is much faster than the lexus it has over 600 hp and 1100 kg and the lexus has less then 560 hp and 1350 kg
I didnt use it because I would blow them away I used it because it seem pretty similar to most of the AI cars and its one of the cars in the game I enjoy the most.

And I wouldnt risk too much on doing 4 hours of racing just to do it again :D

I think the BMW had 300 or 400 BHP and was overweight by 200 or 300 KG.

Audi TT race car.
Tommy Kaira ZZII
McLaren F1 '94
Subaru Cusco Impreza '03 (I think)

All with no aids of course, all very fun and enjoyable cars to drive around there.

All depends on how stiff your competition is, you don't plan on jumping in a monster and screaming off into the distance do you?
Nevermind the suggestions, just get a car that's evenly matched or underpowered, that'll make the entire race enjoyable if you win.

Second the McLaren F1 - fun car to drive, challenging but not "I'm going to f**ing kill you, driver", and that last straight is bbbbbbbbbbbbbbwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Cockpit looks cool too, best visibility out of any cockpit view in the entire game.

I´d say the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08. Great handled car if you set it up right, and it can be pushed hard all around. It´ll do mid to high 06:xx laps when going flat out.

He isn't kidding. The Lexus IS-F is the best controlling car I've taken to the ring, and I own tons of cars!

The RM'd cars aren't bad to begin with. The S15RM is becoming more and more of a favourite of mine. Increase the power and it should be able to put up a good fight against the field of the 4hr Nürburgring race, at least with the appropriate tyres 👍

Im quite fond of the BMW 2002 Turbo. Tuned it is about 340Hp and 900kg. It is just a touch drifty, but only if you want it. Dont know how easily it will win though. Any of the RUF cars are also a blast, might be a bit overpowered though.

Ive heard good things about the GT NSX's as well.

Why don't you guys use soft race tyres? There is no difference in wearage between the various tyre hardness types, and even if there is, it is so little that it wouldn't get you a extra lap of the Nordschleife.

PD needs to fix this badly, but until then: why do you use hard tyres.

I am planning on using a fully tuned BMW M3 '07 with soft racing tyres using a DS3 controller.

Don't have my PS3 on right now, but at which level can you do the race?

Why don't you guys use soft race tyres? There is no difference in wearage between the various tyre hardness types, and even if there is, it is so little that it wouldn't get you a extra lap of the Nordschleife.

PD needs to fix this badly, but until then: why do you use hard tyres.

I am planning on using a fully tuned BMW M3 '07 with soft racing tyres using a DS3 controller.

Don't have my PS3 on right now, but at which level can you do the race?

I used Hards to make it more competitive.

Back