What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
I didn't know how my Impreza RM would do against the opposition, but it turned out that I could easily beat them with it, lapping the 2nd place S2000 GT1 twice. It wasn't as powerful as some of the cars I was against, but it drives on rails with the Racing Softs. I would say that I enjoyed using the Impreza RM for this race 👍

As a matter of fact I did some experimentation this morning on your original question about a lower HP car for this race.

There is a lower HP car that can be used in this race.
I won the race with it at 3 minutes 50 seconds over the 2nd place S2000 GT1.
And a fast lap of 8:46.556
Pitted every 10 laps.
Bone stock HP and no weight reduction.
Can you guess which car?

Caterham Fireblade? Suzuki GSXR-Concept?

I always enjoy race in this track using Audi A4 Touring Car. I have try using X1 & FGT..I'm sucks using both cars in this track.

Assuming you mean the race that is full up with powerful ricer cars and race cars then i'm not sure.

I originally intended to do this with my Mclaren F1, as standard, but the car destroyed its tyres too fast, 2 laps was the maximum on a set of tyres, as in pitting in on the 2nd lap. So despite being faster than the competition i ruined my race when i tried to do 3 laps on a set of tyres and the thing wouldnt even go in a straight line by the halfway point of lap 3, the AI last about 4 laps on a set.... I'm not sure how i'm meant to compete with that without driving an overpowered machine. Perhaps the Mclaren F1 is a lot more abrasive to its tyres than other cars.

I just did the race with the F1 on sports softs, stock otherwise. My pit strategy was out lap, one flying lap, then in lap. Yes, the in lap was scary as the rear tires were 50% worn at the beginning of the Nordschleife.

But what a drive it was. I first drove the F1 (virtually of course) over 10 years ago in NFS2, and it is still my favourite car after all these years. In GT5 I've driven many different cars on the 'ring and nothing else puts a bigger smile on my face. :) Respect it, and it will reward you with fast lap times (my best in this case was 8:18).

During the last lap the game told me I dropped to 2nd when the S2000 GT1 Turbo crossed the line minutes behind me. That was a scary bug. :crazy:

just wondering if anyone else has given it a go in the

Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 ?

I been trying to find the lowest HP car I can beat this event on and so far this is it.

At only 173hp stock its the lowest HP car I can manage to win in.

It isn't easy but its a superb car to drive and gives you an epic battle all the way to the finish.

I ran a best lap of 8:52 and averaged around 9min laps.

Luckily I could do 4 laps before pitting without losing huge chunks of time like the AI who stays out for 5 laps.

When the Ai is on there 5th lap you can gain huge chunks of time on them as there tyres are shot.

I love the cockpit cam on this car, the guy moves his hand up to some button on the dash before changing gears its quite wierd but first time i've seen it :)

GIVE IT A TRY IF YOUR GAME AND REPORT BACK!!

I tried it today, soft racing tires, all stock. The first two hours has gone has I planned, I pitted only on lap 9, the AI every 5 laps. Suddenly my car had a power drop, I could feel the difference because around hour 2:00 my car wasn't reaching the same top speed that was reaching in the beginning of the race, and It made me lose a lot of time, something like 10-12 sec/lap, and at hour 2:28 I decided to retire as the S2000 GT1 gained on me 23 seconds in just one lap. I have to say that the GT1 started in first position, never encountered traffic, and in lap 5 it wasn't losing so much time. Leaving apart the fact that my car started to go slower all of a sudden, do you think that my pit strategy is wrong? Here my lap progression in the race:
9:23.xxx
9:08.xxx
9:03.xxx
9:06.xxx
9:07.xxx
9:12.xxx (pit at the end of this lap, fuel 25 liters)
9:45.xxx (pit exit, and a rollover on the last turn before the long straigh, lost something like 14 seconds here)
9:04.xxx
9:05.xxx
9:15.xxx (at this lap my car had the power drop, and here I realized that I lost all the chances to win)
9:15.xxx
9:13.xxx

at this point I gave up because the S2000 was gaining on me something like 18-20 seconds per lap. Any suggestions?

Thank you for this thread! I was just going to blow through this race with the X1 to get the quick trophy/points/win, but I quit after an hour. It was ridiculous. I was spending as much time in the grass as I was on the road, but I was still lapping the pack. I quit after an hour and went back to watching the last season of Lost lol.

This is truly a track to enjoy rather than blast through. If your goal is to blast through it, you'll die of boredom. Twice.

I have a Nissan Falken in my garage - might try that. The Suzuki GSX Concept looks like it might be fun to try too.

I tried it today, soft racing tires, all stock. The first two hours has gone has I planned, I pitted only on lap 9, the AI every 5 laps. Suddenly my car had a power drop, I could feel the difference because around hour 2:00 my car wasn't reaching the same top speed that was reaching in the beginning of the race, and It made me lose a lot of time, something like 10-12 sec/lap, and at hour 2:28 I decided to retire as the S2000 GT1 gained on me 23 seconds in just one lap. I have to say that the GT1 started in first position, never encountered traffic, and in lap 5 it wasn't losing so much time. Leaving apart the fact that my car started to go slower all of a sudden, do you think that my pit strategy is wrong? Here my lap progression in the race:
9:23.xxx
9:03.xxx
9:06.xxx
9:12.xxx (pit at the end of this lap, fuel 25 liters)
9:45.xxx (pit exit, and a rollover on the last turn before the long straigh, lost something like 14 seconds here)
9:04.xxx
9:05.xxx
9:15.xxx (at this lap my car had the power drop, and here I realized that I lost all the chances to win)
9:15.xxx
9:13.xxx

at this point I gave up because the S2000 was gaining on me something like 18-20 seconds per lap. Any suggestions?

they are pretty good times i dont see how you would start losing power all of a sudden i never encounted this. i always maxed out on the last straight at like 230+km/h can't remember excactly but i remember i had to do about 3/4 throttle once it reached max so it didn't blip back down.

they are pretty good times i dont see how you would start losing power all of a sudden i never encounted this. i always maxed out on the last straight at like 230+km/h can't remember excactly but i remember i had to do about 3/4 throttle once it reached max so it didn't blip back down.

All cars lose power in an enduro due to the engine oil running thick. This is especially apparent at Indy -- with a FGT I was losing a full second per lap towards the end. If you're running a brand new car you may not notice that, as the power loss is offset, at least partially, by the new engine braking in.

forgot to add i put racing softs on.

I was amazed at how well the tyres lasted, I didn't change anything other then the tryes, and i had all settings off including ABS.

I found with this low a HP car having ABS off meant i was quicker since i didn't have to brake as much.

I spent a good 3-4hrs just testing different cars in practice, i did about 8 laps in this in practice mode before i gave it a go.

my first few goes i was in the same position as you, had to reset after 4 laps many a times but i stuck with it.

I think it was luck more then anything since the s2000 in my race was stuck in 2nd so i could keep the gap manageable.

you have to just stick it out and when they stay out for there 5th lap they WILL lose heaps of time.

If you can manage an average of 9min laps you will be fine by the end of the race, its just a matter of being able to do that for 4hrs.

Awesome thanks for letting me know, sweet car would love to drive one in real life :)
Ok, I'll try again saturday with racing softs then 👍

After doing my first real Enduro (Indy500 is not an Enduro for me) the GV300 I will use the same Car for the 4h Nürb:
Falken Skyline GT-R

It has just an Oil change => 392kw at 1360kg
Its so stable and forgiving. But I´ll have to tweak a bit with the Suspension, because its a front Tire eater. (less camber and Toe maybe)
I can drive it so smooth pittet only twice during the GV300 (after lap 22 and 44) but the last two laps the front had just some pixels grip but it was managable (rear was fine 50% +/- 10%)
=> should have pittet earlier to be a bit faster

PS: GV300 overall Time: 2h 05min XXX.XX sec (don´t know the super exact time ;))

I found another good low Hp car for this race and it is a premium car.

Lotus Elise RM '96

A mid-range turbo and a few other mods net 171 Hp.
With racing softs, its good for high eight to low nine laps.

Not as fast or as good a handler as the Suzuki GSXR, tire wear is the same allowing for 10 lap pit stops,

Even after a bad spin on the first lap where I fell to 9th place, it still was capable of a just under 2 minute margin over the S2000 GT1, with a fast lap of 8:54.355.
The Hp did fall off during the course of the race, dropping to 167.

Under the right scenario its possible you could win this race with a little less initial Hp.

Just finished this race with the GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata (totally stock, soft racing tyres). I won it 20s in front of the S2000 GT1 :)
After 2 laps I was 30s down on the leader, after +/-10 laps I was + 1minute in front of 2nd place. I pitted every 4 laps, 2nd place every 5 laps. On lap 24 he passed me when I was doing my final pit stop. On lap 25 he pitted and after that I was 50s in front.
Fastest lap was lap6 in 08.58.2** The other laps were always between 09.00 and 09.03

I'm just over an hour into the race now, using the Evo X running about 500 horses.

To make things more interesting I gave the pack a 1 minute 30 head start and I'm pitting every 3 or 4 laps just so I can keep battling my way thru the rest of the cars again lol.

I'm planning on using the last half hour to get serious and take 1st place :D

I enjoyed it with a 908 HDi FAP. Sure, people might complain because of the apparent power, but the relaxing drive, plowing through the track with nothing in the way, can be a good thing. If you chose it, put on Racing Softs, as the Hards last the same amount of time (2 Laps) and aren't as fast.

I'm gonna start this race tonight, and go for it. I might choose the weds sport completely stock, see how that goes. Or a stock Nissan GT-R SpecV.

Just finished this race with the GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata (totally stock, soft racing tyres). I won it 20s in front of the S2000 GT1 :)
After 2 laps I was 30s down on the leader, after +/-10 laps I was + 1minute in front of 2nd place. I pitted every 4 laps, 2nd place every 5 laps. On lap 24 he passed me when I was doing my final pit stop. On lap 25 he pitted and after that I was 50s in front.
Fastest lap was lap6 in 08.58.2** The other laps were always between 09.00 and 09.03

NICE awesome work, sounds about the same as my race pitted every 4 laps and cause they pitted every 5 i was making up time when they were out on shot tires.

it really is a fun car to drive.

I'm on a break now 2 hours in. I'm using the Mclaren MP4 with race softs. I have a 15sec. lead on the AEM S2000 GT1 turbo. The Audi R8 is just behind him. Great battle so far with the differing pit strategies. Best lap so far is ~8:35. Time to get back at it I guess. :)

I did this recently in a C6 Z06 with Racing Hards, Suspension, and Aero mods (not RM). I finished 45s ahead of the GT1 Turbo. He lapped faster then I did, but the horrible pit strategy allowed me to catch up and pass until I pit again (every 3 laps).

I've set up an Audi R8 for the enduros (done the shortest one in it already) as it's got enough power, handles well, looks after its tyres and is Premium so I can drive in cockpit view. I was looking forward to using it on the 'ring 4 hour, but as a paid-up Alfisto the TZ2 sounds very, very tempting...

I started this race with the Falken GT-R, but I quit because it does 8:50 laps and The Nurb is stressfull enough as it is without having that S2000 GT1 and the Audi constantly breathing down my neck.

Call me lame, but I'm looking for something that would win the race comfortably. Keyword: comfortably, so not the X2010 or FGT. The Minolta, R10 and Escudo are too twitchy for the narrow road... Help!

Any suggestions?

If the Falken is just a little too slow, then try the Calsonic GT-R. It is lighter, faster and it is skinny. Being skinny makes it easier to stay on the thin tracks that the 'ring has. If that is overkill for you, try the TVR tuscan 6 RM, which is even lighter but less hp.

Ok, thanks guys. Today is Nurburgday for me. I'm getting to grips with the track and trying out all sorts of different cars to see which ones fit my driving style/experience (or lack thereof) best.

I'm doing the Nordschleife and my target is to get around 7:00 for it to be competitive in the 4H endurance. Here's what I've tried so far:

Falken GT-R: 7:30 (comfortable, easy drive)
Calsonic GT-R: 7:25 (comfortable, easy drive)
Bentley Speed 8: 7:03 (twitchy on the bumpy, narrow road, not nice for 4 hours)
Audi ABT-TTR: 7:11 (very comfortable)
Alfa 255 Ti 2.5 V6 ToCa: 7:14 (very comfortable, 4WD!)
Ford GT SpecII LM Test Car: 6:45 (not too difficult, very speedy)

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Ford GT. It seems to be a nice balance of speed and handling, even though I thought I'd settle for a 4WD car.

Back