What is the best way to make money in GTA online?

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 27 comments
Depends on how much time and money you have to spare.

The best money makers at the moment are warehouses and businesses, but these require a lot of time and millions of dollars before you can start making big profits.

Otherwise, you'll want to look at heists and VIP work for short-term money making.

full

I agree with @STI9 . Doing MC-contracts is the best way of making cash and have fun. Especially if you can do it with 1-7 other players. And having a coke-business running in the background is an easy additional moneymaker.

This is how we in our little "clique" usually did it. We were usually at least 4 members in the MC
#1: Do a supplyrun to fill up supplies.

#2: Do MC-contracts to make you and your MC-members some easy and relatively fast cash.
#3: Do another supplyrun when LJT calls.
#4: More contracts.
#5:LJT calls you to tell you that your business is full.
#6: Sell and make another 200-400k (depending on upgrades and other players in the lobby, you'll get a bonus).

#7: Do it all over again.

If there are members in the MC that has their own businesses, you can take turns in beeing president and fill up all of your supplies and sell product for all MC's.

Sure, if you have 3 friends that you can do the PacStan-heistglitch with, you should be able to make up to 1M/hour. But that'll quickly get boring and monotonous.

MC-contracts + coke-business is the way to go. MC has the advantage over CEO that everyone makes cash, not just the president/CEO.

For my 2 million dollar outlay on my car selling warehouse I am already on my way to earning 5 million from it. It's a great way to earn money but like everything, it can get repetitive.

I tend to sell a car for 80k profit and in the cool down period steal a car and then try to fit in a couple of CEO missions like headhunter or sightseer and sell a custom Dubsta at LSC.

Even if you only do sightseer and headhunter you can earn a lot but you will get bored pretty fast.

I tend to work alone as 9 times out of 10 Im doing my own thing. Not sure if it's more profitable being part of a team. Probably is.

But thats me. There are plenty of ways to earn money, every way gets boring but now and again there is a dupe glitch and then you can fill your boots.

Oh, avoid fighting other randoms. Dying, ammo, off radar, mugging, pegasus, car insurance all adds up. You can lose a lot of money doing that stuff

Last edited:
Car Warehouse + MC Drug Businesses, is where the money is at, if you have people with you then this becomes even crazier for money gains.

But this costs many millions of Dollars, my suggestion would be to save up for a cocaine lab and fully upgrade it if you haven't got any business yet.

Just had a look at the GTA forums for this exact question. Someone mentioned a low rider dupe. Anyone on here know what that is and/or how to do it?

Just had a look at the GTA forums for this exact question. Someone mentioned a low rider dupe. Anyone on here know what that is and/or how to do it?
Sounds like the one everyone was doing with the donk and Sultan RS about a month ago. I believe it's long been patched.

Fir solo, I normaly do Sightseer (CEO Mission) and then do Trash Talk and Editor and Theif while I'm waiting for the cooldown. Roughly $200k per 1-1.5 hours. There are better methods with friends, but when nobody else is online, this is what I do. Straight profit.

Sounds like the one everyone was doing with the donk and Sultan RS about a month ago. I believe it's long been patched.

Fir solo, I normaly do Sightseer (CEO Mission) and then do Trash Talk and Editor and Theif while I'm waiting for the cooldown. Roughly $200k per 1-1.5 hours. There are better methods with friends, but when nobody else is online, this is what I do. Straight profit.

Dammit.

I've been doing vehicle stealing missions and being in a lobby with the likes of @Flash_Sweden and @STI9 and also sightseer. What's trash talk?

Dammit.

I've been doing vehicle stealing missions and being in a lobby with the likes of @Flash_Sweden and @STI9 and also sightseer. What's trash talk?
It's a contact mission, a way to pass the time before you can replay Sightseer.

Way I see it, the businesses are like a passive income. Play missions, races, MC contracts in between business supply missions, car thefts and selling missions. There is no 'get rich quick' method in GTA, unless you exploit the game or god forbid buy a Shark Card. The PacStan exploit where the host quits out is obviously on R*'s to-do list as the window where you can successfully quit and replay it has been narrowed.

I actually believe there is a dupeglitch that still works, but it requires 2 people, a modshop in your garage and timing like a Rolex-watch

I agree with @STI9 . Doing MC-contracts is the best way of making cash and have fun. Especially if you can do it with 1-7 other players. And having a coke-business running in the background is an easy additional moneymaker.

This is how we in our little "clique" usually did it. We were usually at least 4 members in the MC
#1: Do a supplyrun to fill up supplies.

#2: Do MC-contracts to make you and your MC-members some easy and relatively fast cash.
#3: Do another supplyrun when LJT calls.
#4: More contracts.
#5:LJT calls you to tell you that your business is full.
#6: Sell and make another 200-400k (depending on upgrades and other players in the lobby, you'll get a bonus).

#7: Do it all over again.

If there are members in the MC that has their own businesses, you can take turns in beeing president and fill up all of your supplies and sell product for all MC's.

Sure, if you have 3 friends that you can do the PacStan-heistglitch with, you should be able to make up to 1M/hour. But that'll quickly get boring and monotonous.

MC-contracts + coke-business is the way to go. MC has the advantage over CEO that everyone makes cash, not just the president/CEO.

For my 2 million dollar outlay on my car selling warehouse I am already on my way to earning 5 million from it. It's a great way to earn money but like everything, it can get repetitive.

I tend to sell a car for 80k profit and in the cool down period steal a car and then try to fit in a couple of CEO missions like headhunter or sightseer and sell a custom Dubsta at LSC.

Even if you only do sightseer and headhunter you can earn a lot but you will get bored pretty fast.

I tend to work alone as 9 times out of 10 Im doing my own thing. Not sure if it's more profitable being part of a team. Probably is.

But thats me. There are plenty of ways to earn money, every way gets boring but now and again there is a dupe glitch and then you can fill your boots.

Oh, avoid fighting other randoms. Dying, ammo, off radar, mugging, pegasus, car insurance all adds up. You can lose a lot of money doing that stuff

Majority of my money is atm made through the car import export. What's the outlay on getting an MC place and Coke business.

Can't remember exactly. I think my clubhouse in Sandy Shores was ~ 200k. Easiest way is to check the ingame websites :rolleyes:
I did check the club house, that costs 200k, not much compared to what I was expecting (Offices etc being billions) but is there an additional chunk cum for the Coke bit, AFAYR.

I did check the club house, that costs 200k, not much compared to what I was expecting (Offices etc being billions) but is there an additional chunk cum for the Coke bit, AFAYR.
The only additional costs are if you want to buy supplies instead of stealing them, and to upgrade the business, witch is optional. I made the business break even before buying an upgrade. I started with the security one to minimizing the risk of raids. That's also the cheapest one. Now I have a cokebusiness that's fully upgraded and it have paid for itself. So all sales I'm doing are pure profit. And have been for a while.

I think that the combined cost for all upgrades are ~1,5M. I have my cokebusiness by the Alamo Sea, to have it close to my Sandy Shores clubhouse. Wich is really close to AmmuNation

Edit: I've stopped using my product and was able to correct my spelling;)

Last edited:
I may have to buy an MC Clubhouse, just so I can say I have all of the business ventures, MC, CEO, VIP, Cargo and Vehicle Import/Export.

The only additional costs are if you want to buy supplies instead of stealing them, and to upgrade the business, witch is optional. I made the business break even before buying an upgrade. I started with the security one to minimizing the risk of raids. That's also the cheapest one. Now I have a cokebusiness that's fully upgraded and it have paid for itself. So all sales I'm doing are pure profit. And have been for a while.

I think that the combined cost for all upgrades are ~1,5M. I have my cokebusiness by the Alamo Sea, to have it close to my Dandy Shores clubhouse. Wich is really close to AmmuNation
Security upgrade is a waste, just disband MC as soon as you finish a mission or are inside a building, and only start MC when inside one, then you never get raided.

Security upgrade is a waste, just disband MC as soon as you finish a mission or are inside a building, and only start MC when inside one, then you never get raided.
No, it's not if you're gonna play the game as a biker. It sucks to be in the middle of a major shootout with another MC and have LJT call you about a raid.

Even with the security upgrade you will be raided or have to deal with the informant mission occasionally, it just occurs less frequently with the upgrade. Before the security update, I had to deal with a raid or two a week, sometimes getting raided every 3rd or 4th cycle(product filling). With the security update, I get raided maybe every 10th fill up or so, perhaps once a month or similar. Oddly enough, despite having the security upgrade; whenever Long John D-Bag calls about the raid he always remarks about how "I knew we should've paid them off" the same as when I didn't have the upgrade.

Back