What is the first car you will tune in GT6?

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
I know this is the GT5 tuning forum so a GT6 question is a bit out of place. But, they haven't created the sub forums for GT6 yet and we all hang out here, so... Maybe the mods will move this to GT6 once the sub forums exist. For now, I hope it stays here, where the GTPlanet tuning community hangs out.

What is the first car you will tune in GT6? Just curious.

I will tune the 2013 Mustang Boss 302. I just bought one in RL this summer in gotta have it green. So day one I will open the GT6 game and go right to the Ford garage. And yes it will be immediately painted obnoxious green. I simply cannot wait.

There is another reason for my question. Yes it will be fun to discuss what each of us will be tuning. There is another opportunity here. Praiano and I have been talking about working together a bit on breaking down the new physics. We would be open to bringing others into the conversation. Who is welcome? Anyone who is respectful. What did you try and what did you see. There were many, many nasty "I know it all" conversations in the tuning forums in the first two years of GT5. The remaining members of the community have made this a place of respect and sharing of knowledge. I would be interested in having many conversations around breaking down the physics with anyone who has an open mind and who is respectful.

So what are you going to tune first? I am starting with a FR drive train. Others may be starting with FF or 4WD, etc.

The first tune i'll published will be the FXX. I've bought one a few nights ago but i wake up when turning the key of the engine, ready for the test drive on a french riviera road.
I hope than GT6 will correct this soon. I was very frustrated with the Enzo in GT5 ,like everybody i think.
I'll receive my new game around day 9/12. Then we'll need some minutes or days to feel and understand the news physics.... this is the unknow part. Sure that joining our sensations will help a lot.
I'm with you Hami, the way you say.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Last edited:
I am not a tuner per se but am intrigued with the notion of training my brain to understand what tuning parameter will best mitigate a handling issue I see on the track. Like throttle down under steer or tire chatter when pushing the car beyond its lateral G limit on a compressed turn. These two mystify me the most, though I am still not very clear on much of the rest, I seem to muddle through.

I must admit, I usually start with a Hami quick tune and try to improve for my style & then test against other garages' tunes to see if I am making progress. I use a DS3 controller and tend to an aggressive driving style. That has mellowed a bit as I look for more speed, am realizing a less aggressive braking earlier on approach has its benefits. IRL I pushed my bike as deep as possible before braking & now realize a more civil approach might have found more speed. Oh well not 17 any more so I'll look to GT5 & 6 for that speed these days at 67+.

I truly appreciate the info you fellas have produced & shared, Thank You!

BTW the first will be the default car if there is one and the bonus cars that come with the pre-order. Why not tune them all, aye!

on the Moon the cars have to have a lot of weight or float like feathers goose

-
the evolution of the game that brings more news of them will be interesting and telemetry of the suspension will be effective, maybe come with G-force, telemetry will be fun there is black ink for my cars.
Note: I hope to improve my English too

Cys list is what I expected. I can't wait to see Krenkme's list. Ready for some driving on the moon. :lol:

Well, assuming that this game starts like all the other GT games (and that all cars are ready to buy), the Honda Beat should be in price range... so that would be my first :lol:

Now if we're asking about the first car you are really looking forward to tune... the list is LOOOOOONNNGGGGG! Chevy Nova... the new/classic Plymouth (forgot the name)... Tank car( if tunable)... the list is just too long.

Of course I will drive on the moon (again if tunable) and enjoy all the odd, fun, overlooked cars... and enjoy every second of it :dopey:

As far as helping the tuning forum with any help, count me in... when I can 👍

I might tune a 350Z/370Z.

I'm also curious to know if 4WD cars like WRX are going to be better to drive or tune in GT6, so WRX might be 2nd car to tune.

Cys list is what I expected. I can't wait to see Krenkme's list. Ready for some driving on the moon. :lol:
I knew there was another one I was quite excited about, the Peugeot RCZ. It's a lovely looking car and I can only hope it shares some traits with Peugeots of days gone by.

Naturally, I'll be sharing my cars and hopefully contributing to our collective understanding of GT6. Rarely have I encountered the levels of cooperation that I have in this game and I'm keen to perpetuate that...

{Cy}

The first car im going to tune will probably be the Abarth 500 since i own one irl. But looking forward to the Boss Mustang and the Chevy Nova

I'll be looking at the Toyota gt86 first. I know its a well balanced low h.p. car that should help me adjust quickly to the new physics of gt6 compared to using a more high-strung super car right out the gate. I'll be watching for other tuners findings and try to contribute when I can. :dopey:

Last edited:
Probably a C6 Z06 like I did in GT5, hey - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

I started mostly from inspiration by the German Z06 from around the Nordschleife known as "EifelVulkan" (how's that for an evil sounding name ?).

(Just listen to that exhaust at each shift)

I built a Z06 to perform similar to that, no crazy power, just reliable suspension/tires and made it a fun drivers car for Nurb'. From there the majority of projects will be RWD I presume, the Pozzi Camaro is one that interests me since we didn't get the 2JZ Lexus. :grumpy:

In GT5, the first car to tune was the Mazda MX-5.

I expect it will be the same in GT6, although I have my hopes up for a well-used BR-Z.

I'll just do something to hold me over until I get enough credits, then my first big tuning project will be the Chevy Nova, Chevy El Camino, Ford Mustang Boss 302, or Plymouth AAR Cuda. Might make a Hennessey Cadillac CTS replica. I don't count hold-yourself-over tuning projects as actual tuning projects.

Step one, make starter car as usable as possible. Find quickest way to the quickest money, take that route, make the moneymaker as nice as I can in the process. Then build my RX-7 for the eleventy billionth time and go from there.

Probably the Chevy Nova, since I used to have one back in the day. Really loved that car as it was one of the first cars that I ever had. Forest Green, 350 4 barrel, 4 speed with posi-trac rear end. Won me a good number of street races. 👍

Probably the Chevy Nova, since I used to have one back in the day. Really loved that car as it was one of the first cars that I ever had. Forest Green, 350 4 barrel, 4 speed with posi-trac rear end. Won me a good number of street races. 👍

I see a replica tune coming up.... 💡

lol this is so difficult on what car to choose. I assume gt6 will be the same as the others and limit you to a small selection at first. I'll probably do the very first car I get which I assume will be a Honda since they are always the cheapest lol. First real car I wanna tune the pagani huayra bad. I love the zonda more than life itself so this car I am really hoping will be just as awesome.

I've had this little itch needing scratched, so the first car I'm going to tune is the C7 Stingray, now that PD are going to allow us to play with it. I thought the prototype was pretty good but would be a lot more so with the extra power we can now surely apply. Can't wait to see what it's really capable of!

It's so hard to choose, but probably the new Viper. I used its transmission ratios for the last FITT challenge and they work well until you need 5/6th gear, although most people that track a Viper won't even get close to 4th gear (auto-x is a more common hobby compared to a multiple cars on track series where missing races could cause you to lose membership and a chance at end of season placement)

edit: MCH, do you do auto-x time trials or a dedicated road course series IRL?

edit: MCH, do you do auto-x time trials or a dedicated road course series IRL?

I race wheel to wheel, door to door. And have the dents to prove it. Largest field of cars that I have raced with was 48. On lap five, the leader blew a radiator line and I hit the slick from 5th spot. I spun in front of a huge field of cars over a hill at Mid-Ohio and down the backside entering Thunder Valley. Stopped in the kill zone, right in the center of the track, facing the oncoming 43 cars. Most of them missed me.

Last edited:
Back