What is the worst song ever?Music 

• Thread starter Curveball
  • 1,591 comments
The Shag version is recorded while Mr. King had severe constipation that was slowly dissolving.

It might be instructive to point out who Shag is at this juncture :ill:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_King

Strangely enough, Jonathan King covered a Neil Diamond song a couple of years prior to 'Loop Di Love'.
Yeah...it's a rather unpleasant affair--I'm glad you were comfortable enough bringing it up, because I doubt I would have been able.

I remember when I heard about the unpleasantness, I reevaluated my ownership of one of my truly prized possessions, a first pressing of Genesis' From Genesis To Revelation. I figure he may have had inclinations during that time but I'm not aware he was convicted for misdeeds from back then. Plus the album represents significant monetary and sentimental value.

I [all but] completely forgot about his cover of "Cherry, Cherry".

The Shag version is recorded while Mr. King had severe constipation that was slowly dissolving.
laughslap.gif

Almost any other time, a notion like that would be clearly facetious but it's almost reasonable here and I just can't be sure...

:lol:

I love hick hop/country rap, but I am not a fan of this song. For starters, it just sounds dull and uninteresting, and while it feels like it might get a lot better later on, it doesn't. Secondly, Bobby Thornton and Shawty V don't even sound all that great and to me, Shotgun Shane's voice is the only one I think that sounds okay in the entire song. I also find it kind of annoying how they're constantly rotating between singers every 4 seconds and repeating themselves throughout the entire song.

It's not the worst song I've ever heard in general, but it is the worst I have heard in the hick hop/country rap subgenre. If you're trying to get into it for the first time, I'd advise against listening to this one. There are plenty of good songs among the subgenre, but this just isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Lil Dicky - Earth. Completely misses the mark of what it was supposed to be.
This video explains why very VERY well.
(There is swearing in the video and song, just in case you would like a warning about that before watching)

I can now add her to a list of artists I really hate the most, besides Carly Rae Jepsen and Dueulpulplepleuelpuluepelulpleplepeuelpule (won't even bother saying her actual name because it sounds like gibberish).

I can now add her to a list of artists I really hate the most, besides Carly Rae Jepsen and Dueulpulplepleuelpuluepelulpleplepeuelpule (won't even bother saying her actual name because it sounds like gibberish).

I've heard far, far worse. It's a catchy tune with very basic components, but it doesn't mean it's bad. It's not good, it just exists. Altough I'll admit the vocals, to me at least, are the weakest link.

Yeah...far from the "Worst Song Ever". You sure you hate those artists for their music and not their popularity, like a lot of people tend to do? I mean, you could say they are/have in the past been "overrated" but that's not a good reason for disliking them. It's out of their control whether or not they blow up. If you legit just don't like their music then I'm cool with that but it just really irks me when people crap on trendy things to make themselves feel superior to the people who like them.

And what's gibberish about that 4 syllable name? Doo-ah Lee-pah. Simple. And it's an Albanian name from her Albanian parents.

Yeah...far from the "Worst Song Ever". You sure you hate those artists for their music and not their popularity, like a lot of people tend to do? I mean, you could say they are/have in the past been "overrated" but that's not a good reason for disliking them. It's out of their control whether or not they blow up. If you legit just don't like their music then I'm cool with that but it just really irks me when people crap on trendy things to make themselves feel superior to the people who like them.

And what's gibberish about that 4 syllable name? Doo-ah Lee-pah. Simple. And it's an Albanian name from her Albanian parents.
Once I hear a bad song from certain artists, most especially in the pop genre, even if they’re new, I immediately lose faith in them.

Sometimes it takes just one song for me to dislike an artist.

Last edited:
Once I hear a bad song from certain artists, most especially in the pop genre, even if they’re new, I immediately lose faith in them.

Sometimes it takes just one song for me to dislike an artist.

Unfourtunately I never explored Dua Lipa's or Billie Eilish's discography to actually know if they're good or bad so I don't hate it. Look, I never expected much from Harry Styles from hearing his Sign of the Times single. He was given 🤬 about it. I went ahead and listened to the album, it turned out to be pretty great.

Listen to more, even if you don't enjoy one song.

For me, bad guy is enjoyable. It's far from the worst song ever.

Warning: this will not be a tolerable experience for many of you. 2:00 and the repeats onward are cute though lol. I think it's pretty cool sound design personally but yeah, not for everyone.

Besides "Bad Guy", anything and literally everything from Billie Ellish is downright horrible, and the worst one has to be "Bury A Friend". Anything she makes are not songs. They are barely even music. Once you hear any of her so-called "music" it just totally :censored:s up the ears of those who listen to it.

Warning: this will not be a tolerable experience for many of you. 2:00 and the repeats onward are cute though lol. I think it's pretty cool sound design personally but yeah, not for everyone.

Besides "Bad Guy", anything and literally everything from Billie Ellish is downright horrible, and the worst one has to be "Bury A Friend". Anything she makes are not songs. They are barely even music. Once you hear any of her so-called "music" it just totally :censored:s up the ears of those who listen to it.

Unbelievably hot takes

Billie Eilish isn’t bad at all in my opinion. I actually really like her song “You Should See Me In A Crown”.

Anyways, back on topic, one song I’ve been really hating lately is “Hot Shower” by Chance The Rapper. And it’s especially disappointing to say this because Chance is a genuinely talented guy.

Billie Eilish isn’t bad at all in my opinion. I actually really like her song “You Should See Me In A Crown”.

Anyways, back on topic, one song I’ve been really hating lately is “Hot Shower” by Chance The Rapper. And it’s especially disappointing to say this because Chance is a genuinely talented guy.

Chance's whole album was disappointing, I thought we'd get something that was at least on par with Coloring Book but I guess not

Worst ever? Probably not. Drimble Wedge & the Vegetation performing "Bedazzled" (in the 1967 Dudley Moore and Peter Cook film of the same name) is definitely up there. As bad as it is, I love it.

"You fill me with inertia."

it being cool sound design or a bad song?

Eh, little bit of both. Super abrasive production is kinda what SOPHIE’s known for.

And the song, while weird, is a little like what most things in its genre sound like (bubblegum bass, hyper pop, etc.)

That's probably the one SOPHIE song I can't get behind :lol:

I actually really like Billie Eilish. Don't care for the edgy image but her last album is very decent.

So Chingy is trying to pass this off as a "country rap" song, but it doesn't really sound all that country. No matter what he calls it though, I really am not a fan of this song. I kind of liked the chorus of this song at first, but it eventually got stuck in my head way too easily and I started to dislike it more and more every time I heard it. Now it just gets on my nerves and I really don't care for Chingy's verses in the song either. It really feels like he is just using Meg & Tyler to jump on the "Old Town Road" and "The Git Up" bandwagon in an attempt to become relevant again. If the number of dislikes and negative comments he had on this video before it was disabled is anything to go by, I'd say it's not working. :lol:

Look at Meg & Tyler on this video and the album cover, they look like they don't even want to be there! :lol: Can't say I blame them, I wouldn't want to be either.

Last edited:
Back