What is the worst song ever?Music 

• Thread starter Curveball
  • 1,591 comments
I thought their first album was great. Their second album had a different feel to it, but I still really liked it.

This song alone makes me not even want to try their third...
I liked the song with the clapping, but beyond that I just don't understand the appeal. Same goes for "twenty one pilots" ("Hey, let's not use capital letters in our name so that we stand out!"). Contemporary alternative is...bleh. Gimme some Thompson Twins.

I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but when Migos was shown as the "musical" (music, my ass) guest during last week's SNL title sequence, I set the bar incredibly low...and they couldn't have knocked it down swinging brooms above their heads.

Autotune needs to die. It’s the worse thing to happen to rap since John Cena decided to give it a try.

Finesse by Cardi B and Bruno Mars isn't very good. Its only saving grace is Bruno Mars and even then...
:ill:

There has never been a song more brutal than "C:censored: M:censored: M:censored:" by Carly Rae Jepsen, and no other artist, not even Ariana Grande or Little Mix has ever attempted to beat how evil, annoying and musically cruel it is, but this changes, with this one artist and this one song overtaking it.

This is by far the worst song in this :gtplanet: thread, the absolute worst of the worst, more than anything else that was previously mentioned here. It's is by far the most evil, disgusting and vile audible creation ever conceived. It literally sounds like hell, with all the demons and stuff.

WARNING: Please don't hate me, but this might violate the AUP (in mentioning the song and its singer). Click at your own risk. This is extremely NSFW.

This is not a song, neither is it music, it is actually barely even sound.

Last edited:
Now, this might be the wrong thread for this, but hey... 'Africa' by Toto is an indisputable classic, immortalised in the GTA Vice City soundtrack and a favourite of mine since I was a kid. Yet, tragically, the song was brutally murdered a few years ago by, of all people, one of its original performers. Footage of the murder was caught on tape, and I warn anyone who might be tempted to witness this distressing scene that it is not for the faint-hearted. An old friend of mine (
lookaround.gif
) once attempted this song while drunk in a karaoke pub in Partick one night and narrowly escaped with his life, and yet compared to the performance below, it was a vocal tour de force, even if I do say so myself.

:lol:

Oh, bollard...

Okay, so I've listened to it a few times now and I'm really kind of warming up to it. Don't get me wrong, it's really pretty awful and definitely belongs here, but being more familiar with the cover by Shag helps. It's sort of like: "I'm only hurting myself because it feels so good when I stop."

And, dare I say I hear some Neil Diamond in there? Not Neil in his prime, but more like Neil performing on a Mediterranean cruise in the early '90s.

Okay, so I've listened to it a few times now and I'm really kind of warming up to it. Don't get me wrong, it's really pretty awful and definitely belongs here, but being more familiar with the cover by Shag helps. It's sort of like: "I'm only hurting myself because it feels so good when I stop."

And, dare I say I hear some Neil Diamond in there? Not Neil in his prime, but more like Neil performing on a Mediterranean cruise in the early '90s.

It might be instructive to point out who Shag is at this juncture :ill:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_King

Strangely enough, Jonathan King covered a Neil Diamond song a couple of years prior to 'Loop Di Love'.

Back