What is your favorite JDM Classic Car?

What's your favorite color combo on a car.

• Flat Black Body & Silver/Chrome Rims

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • White Body & Silver/Chrome Rims

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Flat Red Body & Black Rims

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Black Body & Black Rims

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Red Body & White Rims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Body & Black Rims

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other...Etc

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was just saying that so we stay on topic not beings serious or nothing but it's kind of annoying having a thread about a certain subject and everybody is just saying random things or off topic.

Hence my comment of "Drifting, serious business" because you're taking a joke far too seriously :lol: it was one post that did have a hint of truth behind it, it's not the end of the world my friend.

Hence my comment of "Drifting, serious business" because you're taking a joke far too seriously :lol: it was one post that did have a hint of truth behind it, it's not the end of the world my friend.

I'm really not am I getting serious no. :lol: All I'm saying is to stay on topic. But I hate people that making dumb remarks about something and start an argument over the littlest things. That's why I say stay on topic.

My favorite JDM cars from the 80's and 90's would be multiple examples, spanning many different manufacturers..basically any rwd chassis available stateside from 84-91..Starion, Z31-2, rx7, 200sx, supra, corolla..the golden age in between sports cars being death traps for alpha males, and when USDOT basically neutered any US sold chassis.

I will be stereotypical and go with this little beast;

tumblr_mfb28lwxJa1rk2hkho1_1280.jpg

Not sure if it's quite old enough to be a classic, but I love my '91 S13. AE86 is widely used, but with good reason.

Also I enjoy:
SKYLINE HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '84
BLUEBIRD Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79- Used to love this in GT4
SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54B) '67

Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - Please if you read this go out and try one if you can buy or borrow it. I discovered this little beauty again yesterday when it popped up in the UCD, I used to use it loads in GT4. Stock, it rolls quite a bit but ripping around the track with it's skinny little tyres is absolutely brilliant. Light as a feather and good power considering it's a 1960's engine! Made me smile a lot.

Mazda Cosmo/110S (L10B) '68: Again, light, and looks like something from the Jetsons. Tends to receive a few questions when I'm in drift rooms i.e. "what the hell is it?!".

Cheers,

Bread

My favorite JDM car... whoo that's a tough one. I'd say the 1960's Datsun 510 or the Toyota AE86. But more likely the 510 just because it looks better and I prefer Nissan over Toyota any day.

Although if we are talking about your favorite classic JDM car you use for drifting in GT5, I don't have a favorite, since both of those cars feel underpowered and I can never get enough angle in them. I also go at half the speed in them through turns as opposed to a car from the 90's.

80's and 90's? Simple. :)

Pink R32, Team Drift Magician
IMG_7410.jpg

Pink S14a (referred to as a Kouki), also by Team Drift Magician. (Although it's in pretty bad shape here).

IMG_3566_copy.jpg

Well where on gt5 so obviously gt5 related. I hate people that have to comment back on something and start an argument always.

Im sorry, you want me to post a GT5 pic of those cars? You can ask a ton of people that drift with me, I always use that Silvia. And I have a couple of R32's as well.

Here you go: (My S14 obviously behind Du in his SilEighty)

CircuitodeMadrid_8.jpg

Im sorry, you want me to post a GT5 pic of those cars? You can ask a ton of people that drift with me, I always use that Silvia. And I have a couple of R32's as well.

Here you go: (My S14 obviously behind Du in his SilEighty)

Then post a pic of the car in game. Not a pic of them in real life lol.

Though you didn't really make that clear at 1st. If it's a car he has in game, showing the car that inspired it is not something wrong in my book.

Quick question and off topic but if it's up to you guys do you respect drifters that are really good with low hp cars or the guys that use 600 and 700 hp cars that pick up a lot of smoke.

For Me LOW HP All the way. That's where it all started, the higher HP cars are alot easier to drift. But i rock a 500-700hp Drifter most of the time, to keep up with everyone else. Either Way, low hp cars pick up a unrealistic amount of smoke in GT5.

For Me LOW HP All the way. That's where it all started, the higher HP cars are alot easier to drift. But i rock a 500-700hp Drifter most of the time, to keep up with everyone else. Either Way, low hp cars pick up a unrealistic amount of smoke in GT5.

You see this is where everyone picks a different path to me Low Hp all the way because there a lot easier to drift for me at least. As for smoke the low hp cars don't pick up the same amount of smoke as some of the low hp cars and to be honest all cars in gt5 pick up a very unrealistic amount of smoke. Also In my opinion low hp cars get a lot more angle for me they also handle a lot better. This brings in a real life concept as well that people are like formula d is way better than d1 and you got to put in place the factors that formula d cars have a lot more horsepower there also pretty much built like a NASCAR in sort of a way and they need so much hp to get angle where as d1 cars at least it japan don't need that much hp at all to get massive angle and there proximity during runs are far superior than formula d runs.

Back