What is your favourite GR3 car to drive?

United States
United States
I'm not asking what you think is the best, (we know that changes depending on track) but what is your top 3 favourite GR3 cars to drive? What are your go-tos when you don't know the meta for a race?

My go-to is the AMG GT3. It's quite quick in a line, has great stability out of the corners for a pad player like me, and I'm racing it with a sick Avengers IMSA-style livery! For me this car is a win-win in any daily race.

If we're talking lobby wise where tuning is available my favorite is the NSX, which feels like it just turns the right amount in every corner. Hope this helps!

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo - If you can overlook it's lack of straight line speed (staying in the slipstream down the straights) it can be a weapon. Especially on tracks like Willow Springs which have a lot of fast changes of direction and can out break most of the other Gr.3 cars.

BMW M6 - Brilliant straight line speed, nice balanced cornering abilities. Only real let down is the brakes aren't as strong as they could be given this is a heavy car.

Mercedes AMG - Much like the BMW it has great straight line speed and gets there a fraction quicker I feel (lack of turbos helps) and has better braking performance making it tough to out break despite being a heavy car.

To specifically answer your question OP, so "comfort car" rather than meta for a certain track, in order;

- AMG Merc
- Jag
- Lexus

THere are several nice cars to drive that just do not have the straight line speed. Lancer, WRX, BMW etc ...... just get burnt on the straights.

Last edited:
Depends on which track.
Each car has their own pros and cons, some are better for twisty tracks (Renault, VW Beetle, Alfa Romeo, Honda NSX) and some are better for high speed tracks with many straights (Mazda Vision, Mercedes, VW Vision, Citroen)

Oh crap the Aston. Slot that in ahead of the Lexus for me sorry.

The stang has fallen into no man's land for me. If I need handling and curb riding the Jag works, power on exit the Merc and the aston, the stang has somehow sort of been boxed out for me the way i drive, i cannot get it to pivot and turn in then power out like the others.

My top 3. :cool:

7431591397914838032_23.jpg

6061947355177943065_23.jpg

4828497616956327465_23.jpg

Flew Hawaiian from HNL to SYD xmas 2019, nice enough service. We found it MUCh easier on us to go Toronto > HNL, rest two days then go to SYD then Toronto>West coast>SYD in one big effort. With kids it kills you, hawaii was a great stop over.

Flew Hawaiian from HNL to SYD xmas 2019, nice enough service. We found it MUCh easier on us to go Toronto > HNL, rest two days then go to SYD then Toronto>West coast>SYD in one big effort. With kids it kills you, hawaii was a great stop over.
Well that got off topic. :lol:

Don't blame you. Who doesn't wish they were there (Big Island for me) right now? :cool:

Does anyone like the R8 GT3? I have the feeling, he’s not so stable in curves. My insider tip is the McLaren BMW F1 GTR. He’s really strong with quick, and in the GT3-group.

Does anyone like the R8 GT3? I have the feeling, he’s not so stable in curves. My insider tip is the McLaren BMW F1 GTR. He’s really strong with quick, and in the GT3-group.
I do. But with custom setup.
The default setup is so off so the car is not good to drive, not well balanced

On a more precise answer to the OP question...
1) Renault RS01
2) Toyota Supra
3) VW Beetle

Last edited:
For the first 6 months I played this game it was 1) Beetle, 2) Beetle, and 3) Beetle :lol:.

After I finally broadened my horizons, for the past 6 months months it has been:
1) Lexus
2) Genesis
3) Shared equally between Corvette, Viper, AMG, and Vantage. Those are the next cars I usually try out for Gr 3 races.

Ferrari

After sticking with it and working at it I love it. And at the risk of sounding all bleary and soppy, a couple of races around Spa on softs a couple of weeks ago in the Ferrari was the single best virtual driving experience I've ever had. Everything felt on the edge but at the same time under control, felt brilliant

Ferrari

After sticking with it and working at it I love it. And at the risk of sounding all bleary and soppy, a couple of races around Spa on softs a couple of weeks ago in the Ferrari was the single best virtual driving experience I've ever had. Everything felt on the edge but at the same time under control, felt brilliant

Ah, a man of culture as well.

For me since launch it's always been the 458 GT3, I love that car so much. Just the feeling of being on the knife's edge all the time but still controlling it is excellent. I love the driving style too of riding a slight amount of oversteer out of a corner.

Depends on which track.
Each car has their own pros and cons, some are better for twisty tracks (Renault, VW Beetle, Alfa Romeo, Honda NSX) and some are better for high speed tracks with many straights (Mazda Vision, Mercedes, VW Vision, Citroen)
read my original post.

Last edited:
This is more difficult than I initially thought ;

911 - It’s just a great car, it was a little better a few patches ago but it’s still fantastic and rewarding to drive. The benchmark for Gr3 imo.

Lambo - Although the tyre wear isn’t great. The V10 sounds brilliant and it’s a fantastic car to drive, easily one of the fastest when you get it right. It also has a certain prestige about it given how difficult it is to drive.

M6 - Although I haven’t used this car a huge amount and it’s often not a go too choice. The m6 is a seriously underrated Gr3 car with a strong engine and good brakes. Tyre wear isn’t great but how the car remains manageable on tyres is brilliant and with the torque delivery perfect for breaking the rear loose, tightening your exit whilst still driving you forward.

Notable mentions:

Ford GT - If it wasn’t for the tyre/ fuel usage this car could be OP. However it doesn’t have that spark that gets me excited to drive it as often as I should.

Mazda VGT - This may replace the m6 as I have only just driven this car for the current manu season. After not being too impressed to start with I am now really starting to like the way this car handles itself. I think the bop update has made this car an under the radar weapon of choice for the sensible driver.

Back