• 43 comments

What is your reason for playing GTS?

• Total voters

dabz343

(Banned)
United States
United States
dabz343
If you had to choose, is it just a game to enjoy at your leisure or a platform to improve your abilities to become an elite driver?

I'm not willing to put the effort in to be an elite driver and keep putting the effort in to stay there so it limits me to simple fun. Poor me.:dopey:

Never using the meta or FF's gives me the freedom to enjoy driving more cars too but I couldn't do that in top rank races where every tenth counts. That's not for me.

Where I am now on pace, every race is different with loads of action from unknown drivers in each and that's exactly how I like it. A bit like the old 'lucky dip for quality' quick matches.

Had to go for the first option because it's my main personal goal. But I want to become an elite driver AND have fun doing it at the same time, so I don't binge Sport mode races back to back to back forever.

I enjoy every aspect of the game, the livery making, scapes, replays, online racing, the community, heck, I even enjoy grinding because I get to listen to YouTube stories of motorsport. :cheers:

Coming together with similar minded People who enjoy fair racing and still fighting for Position.
In the beginning Days when GTS was released i was curious to find out how far i can get in terms of ratings and that was what kept me pushing for More.
But nowdays it’s just pure Relief and the Motivation to have some good races and enjoy my free time :cheers:

The racing that I know the elite stuff never brought people to the race day it’s was the competition , going faster then everyone for that race. Not many ever get mentioned in the sport section of the news paper but some do, they could be the elite.
The reason GTS is successful it’s leaves out the BS and gives to a race day at a great price.

Last edited:
I go with both, but enjoy livery editor replays etc.
Elite is a strange term I’d just say I enjoy a process of improving and racing good drivers, I don’t have any goals beyond enjoyment tho.
It’s great to plug in enter a race and afterward you realize that during that 20 minutes everything in reality ceased to exist and you were a pro racer.
A little competition and the emotion that comes with it is good for you.

Because I've always loved motor racing, am limited to a PS4 and have spent a 🤬 load on a wheel and seat set up!

It's not in the options but that's mine! From there it's just see how high a level I can reach and when I don’t get to the top blame it on 20 years of 🤬 my money up the wall when I could have been at home practicing with a wheel!!

Good, clean, respectful racing is awesome though, can't beat it. So I guess I play it for that

I love racing, always have. Been watching or attending motor sports since i was 3 and I am 44. It is what it is. I quite like gaming but find a lot of games either boring or just too damn hard for me (tried NBA20 last week, holy heck, you gotta be kidding me, moves million miles an hr, with a zillion button combination).

I love a tussle, clean but hard. Like anyone else I like to see how high I can legit get my DR to but in the end, i play to race.

To follow-up on my previous message, I feel like I am going to play GTS much less after the conclusion of this year's FIAGTCs. I have other games I want to play (and other shows to watch, etc.) and I just don't really feel it anymore with GTS. I might dabble with the daily races every now and then after the end of this year's FIAGTCs, but I feel like I'm largely going to wait until GT7. I also don't feel like I'll have enough time to participate in another championship in the future, though I think it's likely I'll participate in GT7's equivalent of the daily races. But otherwise, I feel like not doing a future championship will be a load off my mind, to be honest.

I also look forward to the return of a more thorough modification system in GT7, whereas in GTS, I don't really feel motivated to make a livery for a car when all you can really change is the wheels, and maybe add some minor items like the windshield banner and your username. I wanna see stuff from GT6 return and then some, like the rear wings, canards, splitters, and diffusers. Or even the different headlight/tail light designs you could install on some cars. If I'm going to make a livery, I want to see to it that the car truly feels like it's mine otherwise.

I love motorsports and car related cinematography and GTS is a brilliant mixture of both. I play ACC and dabble in PC2 from time to time, but the Gran Turismo series truly captures my imagination. There’s this mix of fantasy and real world that I believe they’ve gotten just right.

As a mid tier B driver online I play mainly for fun and for the enjoyment of it.

To follow-up on my previous message, I feel like I am going to play GTS much less after the conclusion of this year's FIAGTCs. I have other games I want to play (and other shows to watch, etc.) and I just don't really feel it anymore with GTS. I might dabble with the daily races every now and then after the end of this year's FIAGTCs, but I feel like I'm largely going to wait until GT7. I also don't feel like I'll have enough time to participate in another championship in the future, though I think it's likely I'll participate in GT7's equivalent of the daily races. But otherwise, I feel like not doing a future championship will be a load off my mind, to be honest.

I also look forward to the return of a more thorough modification system in GT7, whereas in GTS, I don't really feel motivated to make a livery for a car when all you can really change is the wheels, and maybe add some minor items like the windshield banner and your username. I wanna see stuff from GT6 return and then some, like the rear wings, canards, splitters, and diffusers. Or even the different headlight/tail light designs you could install on some cars. If I'm going to make a livery, I want to see to it that the car truly feels like it's mine otherwise.
Where are you going after GTS it’s the best for the money of all the online racing Simulators. Just check the home page of gtplanet , Seven million are BS about online and AI racing About Gran Turismo , I personally have not entered a race In GTS without 12 to 15 real drivers in the ABC daily’s . I drove with the good , bad and the ugly In most of my racing And having the best Surprise of good racing competition . I hope like you that GT7 will be better but if not a updated GTS will be just as good.

Last edited:
My original reason for playing GTS was because my wheel was just sitting in my room collecting dust and I wanted a reason to use it regularly. So last year, I bought a PS4, the game and a Drivehub so my wheel would be compatible.

I wasn’t interested in Sport Mode at first. I did a lot of the game’s single player content before I decided to even touch it. But my PS4 came with a free two week trial of PS+ so I didn’t have an excuse to NOT try Sport Mode. And as someone who always preferred single player in racing games, I enjoyed Sport Mode far more than I expected, especially the FIA races.

Fast forward to the present, and I play GTS to improve my driving wherever I can but at the same time, not take it too seriously, because it's just a game at the end of the day and I want to have fun, whether I do well in a race or not.

In hindsight, I kind of wish I hopped on GTS sooner. (I was against this game initially for being online focused and was quite vocal about it) So while single player in GT is still important to me, I’m very much looking forward to Sport Mode’s successor in GT7.

Mostly to do a quick hot lap or two when I'm bored and mingle in the community features. The latter is where I spend most of my game time now. I love seeing peoples decals and liveries. It's pretty cool to have an ingame facebook.

Neither. I wanted a sim with an online community that is:
  • accessible
  • active
  • not elitist
This (the GT series) is the first one I found that satisfies all three requirements.

There is really nothing else out there that has this concept, boot the PS4 up and within 20 mins you are racing vs reasonably evenly matched players. I remember being lucky to get a SINGLE race in using rooms in other games like PCARS for example.

Back