• 8<10%

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 10<15%

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 15<20%

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 20<50%

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 50+% (I'm a total god and win most races)

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Thanks to the wonderful Brands Hatch I can change my vote - I’m in the 2% club now

IMG_3850.gif

View attachment 1288144

I have a 9% win ratio and a 59% top5, wich I consider pretty decent at the age of someone who started sim racing with G.Crammonds GP2 :D
I had the original Grand Prix game on an Amiga. Brilliant game. Came on 4 floppy disks I think, but I bought a hard drive especially to play that game. Before that it was Stunt Car Racer and Pitstop 2 on my Commodore 64. People who slate GT for it's various inadequacies ought to try out the cassette version of one of those games to realise just how lucky we all are nowadays.

I had the original Grand Prix game on an Amiga. Brilliant game. Came on 4 floppy disks I think, but I bought a hard drive especially to play that game. Before that it was Stunt Car Racer and Pitstop 2 on my Commodore 64. People who slate GT for it's various inadequacies ought to try out the cassette version of one of those games to realise just how lucky we all are nowadays.
Kids nowadays cant even imagine the frustration that we had in mid 80s when we saw the cassette going forward and backward over and over again for something like 15 or 20 minutes hoping with fingers crossed for the game launch :P

18abcf865aa29-screenshotUrl.png

Wins: 606 / 1,900 = 31,89%
Fastest laps: 35,10%
Pole positions: 32%
Top 5’s: 70,15%

To comment on this, most of these wins are pretty easy ones stemming from race A where the opposition more often than not is none or very little to speak of. So it looks nicer than it is, lol. If I had always qualified it would’ve been higher but I always try to keep the clean race bonus and as such as I also start many races from last position and sacrifice certain races in order to keep ’em clean. When you read how certain drivers drive that’s what you might have to do to keep CRB. It depends on the combination a lot as well.

This week in race A with the Lamborghini Diablo GT at Monza I start last and enter T1 last to avoid any crashes there and then try to pick up what I can afterwards. Some wins will happen but way less than other combos. Last week with the Alpine A110 at Alsace I qualified and had a breeze of a week for the most part, picking up 81 wins (out of 98 races, 82,65%). So it varies a lot, especially given that CRB is my main objective and not really wins, though I’ll take them when there’s an opportunity. And clean races and wins often go hand in hand, like that last week at Alsace being a good example of that.

Anyway, it’s always fun with statistics and they make the game better, no question about that, but they must be understood and they can be... let’s say, sort of manipulated. One needs to understand what’s behind the numbers. There’ll be players with win percentages higher than mine that I can demolish and there’ll be those with percentages way below mine that can demolish me. But it’s an interesting study in gameplay.

Last edited:
5.8%, but so far I've only done 17 races and won 1. :)

I fully intend to do more, just get sidetracked.
Did 3 more races tonight and got another win, so I'm sitting at a quite lovely 10% win rate!

After 20 races.

In DR E/D.

I won't get ahead of myself... :D

0% club here, but I've only done 5 races, all podium finishes 1 silver and 4 bronze. Concentrating on finishing my car collection, need 16 million more credits.

Lost 1.5 million last night due Comcast going down last night.

Back