What kind of BOV is this? (vid)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmartin
  • 41 comments
  • 3,419 views
tsk tsk...At least you stay safe and keep the police off your back.
 
Izanagi
tsk tsk...At least you stay safe and keep the police off your back.

lol, not quite. I just got off a fat ticket last week for "reckless driving", going through a sweeping bend @ "60mph" in a 30mph limit. Then he warned me to change my exhaust because it was "too loud". Obviously it's gonna be loud when your exhaust is basically 3in pipes all the way from the turbo with the rpm around the red zone. But anyway, I had a lucky day. :sly:
 
Man I used to get stopped by cops a lot for my exhaust. RNR 3" with an Apexi N1 to add that extra nice note. I had to take my car up to Wilmington, about 45 minutes north of Cincinnati to get my car E-Checked because I ran without a cat for about a year...needless to say, I became friends with a few of the local cops :sly:
 
Oh crap, lol, is this coincidence or what? I'm running the RnR turboback too, only that it has the HKS Carbon-Ti muffler. :dunce:
 
Right now I'm running an XS cat delete downpipe with a Blitz Nurspec(loud)...check my car out on the most recent page in the "Imports" thread.
 
Dorifto
Right now I'm running an XS cat delete downpipe with a Blitz Nurspec(loud)...check my car out on the most recent page in the "Imports" thread.

*jealous* I wish I still had a car. My parents made me sell my built '99 Eclipse GS-T when I came to college because of the fat racing ticket I got racing a police officer's Evo VIII (for some reason, THAT was his squad car) and the fact that they needed money to pay for my education. I always feel left out when I'm on the forum because so many people have such nice cars and even if they are not super cool, the fact remains that I am carless :ouch:

Oops lol...I forgot. P.S. Anyone wanna sell me a car for REAL cheap? :dopey:
 
which is the BOV that chirps? (currently in the market). The one that makes a series of high pitched chirps.
 
Might be a Blitz Super-Sound BOV...its a dual drive...they are pretty damn loud and if I am not mistaken, they make different sounds at different boost levels such as high chirps at high boost and a "phssssssssssh" sound at lower boost.

Anyone notice the pricing for a Blitz SS BOV? For almost every import, it runs for $350.00. However, look at the pricing for all Skylines: $600.00

http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_Blowoff_DD.htm
 
It's expensive because you're looking at the 'kits' which are not needed for most applications. The actual bov is around $200.00.
 
My Greddy Type RS "kit" cost about $339.00 I think. It came with the BOV, aluminum hotpipe, connections, and hardware.
 
Back