What License or mission are you struggling with that you feel ashamed about?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 389 comments
After a couple thousand tries and months, I still cannot pass the Super License final exam. I can't drive the Porsche 917k regardless of what I've tried differently. I have never had any problems getting past any challenges before. It's stupid and extremely frustrating I can't get the Super License.

After a couple thousand tries and months, I still cannot pass the Super License final exam. I can't drive the Porsche 917k regardless of what I've tried differently. I have never had any problems getting past any challenges before. It's stupid and extremely frustrating I can't get the Super License.
Turn ASM on and the car transforms from an unmanageable skate into something remotely drivable.

My tip is to avoid driving on the visible water on the road, then you should be able to accelerate nicely without the rear spinning out

Hi,
So far - none. It is the first GT where I have finished all licenses - in previous GTs I mostly left out a few of the super license tests. Missions - I have done aot, but not all. Mostly - not so funny for me. You either have a car that behaves absolutely strange - because it's setup is crazy (and not a bit like the same car you buy or win) or you need to experiment with the driving aid setup for hours to find the correct trick or you just need to be lucky. And I never liked drifting and killing pylons :D

What surprised me most was the difficulty of the Porsche menu book - instead if winning all cars - I bought the final one from the UCD, because I didn't had the time to find a proper setup for the Nordschleife race.

BR K

I only completed this yesterday. Struggled to finish on most attempts. The number of times I hit the kerbs, or applied too much throttle to be sent flying off.

I kept in higher gears in many of the corners in the second half of the circuit (after no-name/Ickx), too dull the application of power. Took the last quarter quite slowly (the section that leads up to the Bus Stop), backing off as it seems as though the circuit gets a lot wetter.

I have to confess, that once I completed the lap, and had a ghost, I was able to see the places I could push, and where my limitations were. They were a few corners where the car seemed happy to kick the tail out a little, and others where being gentle was rewarded. I didn't refer to any demonstrations, as I prefer to meet the challenge on my own.

Keep trying and Good luck

I feel absolutely no shame in saying that I'm struggling with the drift missions - although I am trying to use a wheel. My best in the Viper is over 1,000 points off gold. I'm also struggling with the BRZ. I have a cone challenge to complete - but I find it a bit boring and also annoying. I think that there are a few other missions that I need to complete (before I tackle Human Comedy)

Edit: decided to use the controller for the Drift missions, and I've now got gold on these.
Viper: 4th as fast as I can through the left-hander to get at least 2,600 points, down to 3rd and Scandinavian flick at the beginning of the second zone because I found that helped me line up to drift around the right-hander, keep the drift going through to the finish for over 4,800 points. I think I did 2,700 and 4,900 on my run for gold. I didn't use the handbrake, nor change BB.

Toyota GT86 Gr.4: It is a tricky start because the AI hands over steering slightly to the right for a left-hander - thanks AI! I found that if a instantly change to 3rd, I found it easier to drift through the left-hander to get over 2,400 points, and then get over 3,600 through the right-hander - keeping in 3rd. I didn't use the handbrake, nor change BB.

Subaru BRZ: Into 3rd for the left-right turns, aiming to get 2,400 points or better. Down to second, hit the handbrake, and then drift around the hairpin - to get over 3,900 points. Didn't change BB, but needed the handbrake for the entry into the hairpin.

Try to keep the drift fairly close to the apex, but it seems much more important to hold the drift as long as you can through the corner. It takes a lot of practice. I also think that you need to find your drifting 'style' and build up on that. For me, I found that higher speed in a higher gear works, and then finding the place to brake and turn in works better.

Last edited:
In recent days, I was contemplating posting an open invite to anybody visiting Niagara Falls to swing by my house to come complete the Skyline Eco challenge for me but I actually pulled it off last night. Must have taken me 400km’s worth of attempts, with a 2:04.700.

There’s a video that came up when I googled that showed a guy basically running fuel consumption at 4 all the way until he’s at 45% left, then flips it to 5. Need to ace the final turn including taking on a bit of grass with right side tires. See what you’ve got left in the tank and adjust accordingly. (At the start, I took off on a 2 until T1)

I celebrated with a few IPA’s, feeling it this morning.

On to trying to gold the Rolling Stone Missions (and Super License) next. Comments I read here tell me the drifting one sucks.

whats IPA

Drifting missions are possibly more infuriating than that
IPA’s = India Pale Ale. Celebratory beers for passing the Eco Challenge.

If drifting is worse, then I might end up quitting the game. I can’t imagine being as persistent with drifting as I was with that damn Eco Challenge.

I don't like drifting and will rarely even try it.
For context, I'm a heavy drifter in games with 4 wheels. I actually like drifting in other games like Carx online, on PS4, didn't end up coming back to drift much on GT Sport and even I find it absurd that they're forcing it on people in GT7. Especially when the drift physics need a lot of work! All they have to do is make the drift tools, modes and add online lobby support for all of it, just like in GT6. Then leave it the hell alone. Forcing it on players that don't want to do it is one way to divide the community, IMO.

IPA’s = India Pale Ale. Celebratory beers for passing the Eco Challenge.

If drifting is worse, then I might end up quitting the game. I can’t imagine being as persistent with drifting as I was with that damn Eco Challenge.
Ah I see, well different strokes but give it a shot. I'd say look at a few youtube videos for them before giving the drifting a go

Last edited:
For me that stupid muscle car oval race .....I swear it's rigged every time I come seconds by mm. Just need a few more mm. To claim gold .

For me that stupid muscle car oval race .....I swear it's rigged every time I come seconds by mm. Just need a few more mm. To claim gold .
take the straight and corners on the outside of the track, turn in slightly late feathering the throttle to keep speed above 95mph on all corners no crashes and youll overtake them all before the last lap

Last edited:
The one where you have to drive/spin in a circle and knock down the cones.
I don't know why I can't do it, it seems so straightforward, I've watched & read guides.
I saw a video where the driver went slow and stayed on course to hit the cones driving in a squared off circle, it worked for me, try it if you can't get it another way.

Today I finally finished getting gold in everything, all licenses, CE's, races and missions (with a PS4 controller)... except the final 2 drifting ones. God, I hate drifting and I'm terrible at it, spent at least a couple of hours on each. I got silver, but still far from gold, and now I'm resigned to just forgetting about them unless there's a driving/physics update that makes drifting less painful.

If you can get silver on the drifting missions you can get gold. It may take some time and effort but just stick with it. Sometimes it helps to come back and try the next day, or next 10 days if thats what it takes, but you can do it, just gotta get lucky once. I think it took me 4 days to get the last one.

Picked up finishing my licenses again. Golded the last three on IA last night. And did S-1 to S-9 today. Stuck on Spa in the wet now. What a horrible challenge.

I can't drift. At all. I can rarely even keep the drift points, I usually fly right off the track as soon as I touch the handbrake button. Using a G29.

I agree, drifting missions stink. I'll have to try them again on the controller.

My next difficult mission is Moby Dick: The Pass with the GT-R 500. Despite the fact that I have run this mission over a second faster than gold examples on YouTube, I still can't get better than second place. PD must have changed the AI in one of the updates to make this challenge even harder than it was at original release. I think Icwill have to run in the 1:13's to get gold. Mid 1:15's used to be good enough for gold.

I agree, drifting missions stink. I'll have to try them again on the controller.

My next difficult mission is Moby Dick: The Pass with the GT-R 500. Despite the fact that I have run this mission over a second faster than gold examples on YouTube, I still can't get better than second place. PD must have changed the AI in one of the updates to make this challenge even harder than it was at original release. I think Icwill have to run in the 1:13's to get gold. Mid 1:15's used to be good enough for gold.
Do you use Manual gears?

Latest Posts

Back