What liscence did you find the hardest to get

which do you think was the hardest.....?

• Domestic B (B)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Domestic A (A)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • International B (IB)

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • International A (IA)

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Special (S)

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • Rally (R)

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
I think that the IA license was the hardest because the test at the complex string in the skyline took me so long to do...
I do have all the licenses including the special so dont think that im saying IA because i havnt got the special...

Stinky Chicken, It's great that you linked to the search function, But is there any particular reason why?

Are you suggesting that Eclipse should have searched for other discussions on this subject? You could have even done a quick search yourself and posted the links to those threads in this one.

I suggest that you tone done the rude factor and be a bit more constructive. Offer some guidance and next time Eclipse will ressurect an old thread and continue the discussion.

My toughest LIcense test was the Camaro at Seattle. If I recall, it wasn't passing it, it was getting Gold on it.

AO

I seem to notice the search function being the first link in your signature, mate. Does that mean you should have a bunch of links there instead of the search function? ;)

On a serious note though, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just trying to get in first before some other member comes in and bawls the poor fellow out for not searching first. So I apologise for seeming rude. :guilty:

Yeah that seattle camaro was very hard. and also the final rally exam was hard to get the gold.

A-7
S-3
S-6
R-6

Those have taken me the most amount of time to complete, in that order. Actually, I still haven't got R-6. That test is the only one keeping me from getting all golds on all licenses. By .011 second mind you. I've given up on it for now, I'll go back to it after I finish the Pro Dream Cup.

The rally license is tough, because if you drive striaght out grip (my style), you find it hard to get sideways and slide around the corners. I see a tight corner and immediately tap the brakes. I have my I-B, but haven't tried a lot of the I-A license tests yet.

Without a doubt, getting a Gold B-8 wasted so much of my time.

I'll have to try that one again, soon. [grin]

Cheers,

MasterGT

IMO those all licences of GT3 were quite easy but getting them gold is still pain in the 'donkey'.

I have no complete set of golds from any class of licences. GT 4 Prologue 'shcool tests' were plenty of times more easier.

ps. I guess all golds from Prologue are rewarded for GT4?

Definitely the S Lisence for me. The others the tests are only small parts of a track which I found easy to pass after a couple tries. With the S lisence, however, you've got the whole track to master and I used to sometimes screw up one part and destroy my lap.

Gold B8, still can't get it. it occupied 3 weeks of my GT3 time before i just gave up. haven't got the S license yet, but haven't really tried, i suspect it will be difficult

ive golded B, A and 6 IB with ease. ive also golded one S and 4 IA.

Id say the hardest liscese to "get" would be S though i can pass every liscense test first go now. Hardest to gold, IB 6,7 (salom with the ruf) are annoying, A something with the zonda. and i havnt really tried to gold S yet.

So i have to say S is hardest to gold and hardest to get

I Have been busy this week to gold the S-license. Already have done the first four. Also I golded the rally license this week. I've got quite some troubles with golding the I-A license...especially the first and the last complex string test are pretty hard for me...just have troubles to get them silver :S anybody some tips?

I think the licenses are just quite easy! the first time I did them the only test that took me about half an hour was the super license S-8. But for the rest, bronze em was easy :) now just make them all gold.

Evo7GTA
Definitely the S Lisence for me. The others the tests are only small parts of a track which I found easy to pass after a couple tries. With the S lisence, however, you've got the whole track to master and I used to sometimes screw up one part and destroy my lap.

I agree. I've been whipping myself into shape for GT4 (and practicing with my DFP) by going for golds, which I've never done in previous GT's. I've picked up all the golds except the S-license, which is giving me a hell of a workout. It's a matter of consistency for me, I can do each little segment in the necessary times but it's tough for me to string them all together in the same lap! :dunce:

I would have to say the one with the Mine's Skyline at Complex String. It probably wouldn't have been hard if you had to do the part of the test doing the forward part of the track instead of backward.

Guys any advice on how to finish all the S licenses omg its so difficult..
i sat there for literally 3 hours and only completed like 1 license haha.
I got all my licenses except S
ARghh its so frustrating

Watch the examples (or whatever they are called).

Ah, demonstrations... that's it!

Watch the demonstrations with all of the data on screen.
Steering wheel, gas & brake, gear selection... All that stuff.

Pay attention to it and study it. :D

With a little bit of that and a whole lot of trying eventually you will get it.

Also, once your into it deeply come back to the forum and let us know where you are getting most of you trouble.

There are plenty of people who can offer great advice but we all need to know what your biggest problems are (at that time).

So good luck and be sure to get back to us.

Till then,
:sly:

Spike23
Guys any advice on how to finish all the S licenses omg its so difficult..
i sat there for literally 3 hours and only completed like 1 license haha.
I got all my licenses except S
ARghh its so frustrating

there's a solid guide to golds on gt3times.com

as far as tough tests... golding the super test at laguna with the Viper took me the longest and i've only done it twice...

So you found each license all equally difficult, struggled just as much for each one and eventually after many, many hours you got golds for each one, taking the same number of hours for every test. Odd.

I can't remember which I found the hardest but the NISMO GT-R at Midfield in the S license was the most frustrating for me, I was 0.001 second over 4 or 5 times in that test beffore I got gold.

I recently started a new game, and Im trying to gold B so I can get a free Mx-5, but B-8 is Giving me so much difficulty. Ive been trying for around 2 hours and Ive only just got it down to a 42:904 (Gold is 42:800). I seem to be doing everything right, but i just cant squeeze that extra out of the car without tuning it lol

I'll add my $.02 here & say for me, it's definitely the two test for the S license that include both the Viper & Laguna Seca & Ford GT40 @ Seattle.
(I'm not even going to talk about the troubles I'm having with the GT1 @ Cote d'Azure! :) )

I've gotten silvers in them both so far but am only mi-nute tenths off from getting gold.....

For me, turn 5 & the corkscrew (LS) are killers for me & that's where I lose most of my time at! :-(
As for Seattle, sad as it may sound, it's turn turn 2 (The first left turn after the mini-chicane by Pit Row entrance is what I'm referring to)
and turn 4....having to somewhat drift the car around the turn & setting it up correctly so as you exit the turn, you're in a good position to handle
crossing the tracks...that usually throw the car to one side or the other depending on how your car hits it!

The rest merely took time to improve on from my original scores (Bronze) when I first purchased GT3....but I'm still mostly silvers for all the test/licenses...

Back