What liscence did you find the hardest to get

which do you think was the hardest.....?

• Domestic B (B)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Domestic A (A)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • International B (IB)

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • International A (IA)

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Special (S)

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • Rally (R)

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
there's a gt4p gold i couldn't get, by 0.005 seconds GRRR. i can get down to 0.051 away from Gold B8, argh, i'm going to check out the gt3times guide :sly:

I recently put a Gold in on B-8 - 42.799 :) I was well surprised when I got but I was so happy hehe. The trick is maintaining your exit speed on the last corner, get out of there with a lot of speed and you should pass fairly easy. A good start is also important, try using your Ghosts to work out the best way to start.

Biggs
I recently started a new game, and Im trying to gold B so I can get a free Mx-5, but B-8 is Giving me so much difficulty. Ive been trying for around 2 hours and Ive only just got it down to a 42:904 (Gold is 42:800). I seem to be doing everything right, but i just cant squeeze that extra out of the car without tuning it lol
Oyage, that one takes balls to do, :lol: I found that a manual transmission and taking that 90*kink after the tunnel @ 63 mph to make up the most time. Oh, and a little luck doesn't hurt, either.:dopey:

B-8, trial mountain with R-32, (Gold)
S-8, Cote d'Azur with Toyota GT-One without traction control (even Bronze!!!)
And circular wet track with Corvette, I don't remember the number...:dunce:

Biggs
I recently started a new game, and Im trying to gold B so I can get a free Mx-5, but B-8 is Giving me so much difficulty. Ive been trying for around 2 hours and Ive only just got it down to a 42:904 (Gold is 42:800). I seem to be doing everything right, but i just cant squeeze that extra out of the car without tuning it lol

Don't drift at the exit of the last corner before the last tunnel!

Biggs
I recently put a Gold in on B-8 - 42.799 :) I was well surprised when I got but I was so happy hehe. The trick is maintaining your exit speed on the last corner, get out of there with a lot of speed and you should pass fairly easy. A good start is also important, try using your Ghosts to work out the best way to start.

Lucky!:sly:

s license with the gt40 on seattle and the miata on grand valley or something, dont remember which track, i hate the understeer of the gt40 and the miata is just to slow, it takes hours to complete your lap.
the only 2 i havent got gold since i just hate the cars.

btw, i really liked the driving rounds in the wet license test, it's so much fun to drift the z06 to gold.

When getting the licenses the first time, the most difficult was the first one : B-1!!! I had no idea what I was doing, how to launch, when to brake, how hard to brake. I blew through the cones a dozen times before I even managed to stop. Then I started stopping short. Getting bronze for the rest of the tests was 'easy' once I had a clue.

I still have only golded the B license.

Now the most difficult for me is the two circles in the wet in the IB license. The S licenses were not so hard because by the time I tried them I'd already raced the tracks many times.

Mike

Ive got gold in almost all of them but i cant get gold on the last one in the domestic b tests... the one in the Skyline GTR R32 at trail mountain.... is very annoying

listerstormgt4

B8 is pretty terrible. I've come within < 0.1 several times. Then after about an hour of play, suddenly it just happens, and I beat it with plenty of time to spare. Like I'll get under the time by 0.2 or more. And I didn't do anything differently from the other 100 times I attempted it! Doesn't make much sense to me.

I've come within 0.003 of gold on the NSX@Apricot test, and within 0.007 on Camaro@Seattle. Camaro@Seattle has got to be my least fav, in fact that's probably my most-hated element of all the courses in all of GT3.

People keep saying the GT-One at Cote d'Azur is too hard. I don't understand this, because I golded it on my third try! Maybe the PAL/NTSC qualifying times are different? The first time I crossed the finish line, I had a gold medal (I had hit the wall and been disqualified on my first two attempts). It's all about throttle control in the hairpin turns. If you hit the gas hard you will suddenly find yourself facing the wrong direction.

I don't think I Golded any licenses first attempt, and some I didn't even Bronze first time... (that awful 'TIME EXPIRED' is like a dagger through the heart... :yuck: ) but after discovering the 'Gold Mindset' (mostly by reading the advice on these pages), I now have all Golds...

For me, the hardest Gold was S-6 (Viper Oreca/Laguna Seca), but several others took FAR longer than I expected, B-8 (Skyline/Trial Mountain), that horrible test with the Camaro at Seattle, but also three Rally tests, the Lancia Delta at Tahiti, the Mitsubishi Evo at Swiss Alps, and (of course) the final Rally test (which unless I'm mistaken, is identical to TT9 in Arcade Mode??)

The 'Gold Mindset' I referred to, meant that once I golded S-6, I then went on to gold all the other S license tests (I got 4 in one night), they'd take anything from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours to Gold... but S-6 took me three nights, 2,2 and 4 hours respectively... :crazy: (and even that was after weeks of fruitless trying using Automatic transmission, where I only got a Silver time once...)

The general advice I 'used' to help me get the 'Gold Mindset' was along the following lines...

1. Watch the demo and learn how the AI does it first - it's you're best reference. You can also see your best ghost and how it compares to the demo.
2. Save and use your ghost replays
3. Use Manual transmission (essential)
4. Be patient... don't expect Gold's (or even Silvers) until you've done a few laps!
5. Be persistent... the longer you play, the better you're chances!

Entroper
People keep saying the GT-One at Cote d'Azur is too hard. I don't understand this, because I golded it on my third try! Maybe the PAL/NTSC qualifying times are different? The first time I crossed the finish line, I had a gold medal (I had hit the wall and been disqualified on my first two attempts). It's all about throttle control in the hairpin turns. If you hit the gas hard you will suddenly find yourself facing the wrong direction.

The times are different, but NTSC you were forced to use ASM/TCS and in PAL you could take them off, hence you could be faster, and hence the Gold time was lower... I found this test very hard, but only because I was in Automatic, and it would drop down into first in the tight corners and I'd spin it... in Manual, I always kept it in 2nd and it wasn't long before I had the gold...

Touring Mars
The times are different, but NTSC you were forced to use ASM/TCS and in PAL you could take them off, hence you could be faster, and hence the Gold time was lower... I found this test very hard, but only because I was in Automatic, and it would drop down into first in the tight corners and I'd spin it... in Manual, I always kept it in 2nd and it wasn't long before I had the gold...

Licence tests in NTSC have the ASM and TCS off, and you cannot turn them on at all. You must be thinking of Arcade Time Trials, where NTSC is forced to use ASM and TCS. The reason times gold times on SOME of the licence tests are harder is most likely due to the fact that PD realised some were too easy and adjusted them accordingly. They did make a couple easier also. It's all about making the game challenging, but not impossible, for as many players as possible.

CFM
Licence tests in NTSC have the ASM and TCS off, and you cannot turn them on at all. You must be thinking of Arcade Time Trials, where NTSC is forced to use ASM and TCS. The reason times gold times on SOME of the licence tests are harder is most likely due to the fact that PD realised some were too easy and adjusted them accordingly. They did make a couple easier also. It's all about making the game challenging, but not impossible, for as many players as possible.

I see.... thanks for clearing that up... still, Time Trial 10 at the Complex String must be horrible with ASM and TCS... :yuck:

By far the hardest test (if you're not American) is the B-8 - A Skyline at the tunnel section of Trial Mountain. That took me something like five hours to gold.

The reason why it's so hard for we Europeans is that the gold time is 0.4 seconds lower for us than for the NTSC chaps :(.

Small_Fryz
which ones are different?

One of the GT websites had a nice formatted chart comparing the two versions, but it was long long ago when I last saw it, so I can't remember. I think it was goldjunkies or something, I found it thru a link from racing-line or gt3 times.

Why are there any differences between versions?

If it was clock speed they all would be different, but they are not, right?
So what gives? PD is playing a dirt trick?

MasterGT

as opposed to pal territories who are using something other than a ds2? heh, there is no way anyone in america should be finding B8 hard, i could gold 43 flat in my sleep!

the hardest licence was definately the S one, i couldn't beat the track with the gt40. it kept oversteering with all the power + it being a rear wheel drive. then i learnt to be easy on the gas

jamaican
the hardest licence was definately the S one, i couldn't beat the track with the gt40. it kept oversteering with all the power + it being a rear wheel drive. then i learnt to be easy on the gas

I golded this test (after 90 minutes) and then forgot to save the game before switching off my PS2... :ouch: :dunce: Took me about 45 minutes to do it again...

I got them all complete up to the 'S' licence, on the first day with the game, and then the hard work started!

Initially i settle for all bronzes and then go and do the leagues, then come back and try to improve to silver and gold, much later on.

I did the same with GT1 and GT2 as well, do all the licences first. Then out in the race leagues, and for all the hard work to get the licenses, pay-back [on the AI] was a B**ch!

By the way, it helps me to think of all the AI drivers as Kazunori Yamauchi!

listerstormgt4
.026 I just gave up after being that close.. everything before that was gold but since I couldn't do B-8 I just settled with all bronze.

No licesnce was hard for me because I settled for bronze, got most of em the first time except that one cope de azur track with the GT-1 took me a few tries to get that one... Had no experience with the track beforehand *shrugs*

Latest Posts

Back