What liscence did you find the hardest to get

which do you think was the hardest.....?

• Domestic B (B)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Domestic A (A)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • International B (IB)

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • International A (IA)

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Special (S)

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • Rally (R)

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
I played GT-1&2 and went for the gold on tests so the ones in GT-3 didn't seem terribly hard until the GT40 at Seattle. It took some getting used to. The AE68 on the wet track
was a bit frustrating. The Miata test was like slow motion pain also. I got a better than
demostation time in S-8 in less than an hour. I have all times beter than demonstration times now. (288 golds better than demonstration times) All 6 time spaces for each test.
All 10 time trial spaces are mine also. I did all the arcade races in the pro-mode. All races
I did in the game were without the oil change HP boost and I didn't use any F-1 car in any
non F-1 races. 100% done and 100% gold

yeah... that liscence for the special in the ford GT40 is pretty hard... i cant do it... i think that my biggest problem is that seattle is one of my worst tracks... and i dont like the GT40 very much either... even in gt4 im no good at seattle... i cant see me ever passing that mission since the closest i could get was something like .500 away from passing it... i can get to the end with no problems it is the time that stuffs me up... and that annoying music when you fail really gets to me... that and the last mission for the domestic b lisence really annoy me... i have gone through a couple of controllers just from those two missions... the mission in the GT40 is harder but i find the last mission in the domestic b's (B8) much more annoying...

1995_eclipse
yeah... that liscence for the special in the ford GT40 is pretty hard... i cant do it... i think that my biggest problem is that seattle is one of my worst tracks... and i dont like the GT40 very much either... even in gt4 im no good at seattle... i cant see me ever passing that mission since the closest i could get was something like .500 away from passing it... i can get to the end with no problems it is the time that stuffs me up... and that annoying music when you fail really gets to me... that and the last mission for the domestic b lisence really annoy me... i have gone through a couple of controllers just from those two missions... the mission in the GT40 is harder but i find the last mission in the domestic b's (B8) much more annoying...

Once you've completed a full lap, you get a ghost... if you watch the demo again (once you have a ghost), you will see the ghost during the demo playback, and you can see where you are losing time, and how to improve your line...

Sorry if you know this already, but studying the demo, and espeically alongside your own ghost, is the best way to beat any licence test IMO...

I posted in this thread before... I golded this test but forgot to save it :ouch: I too hated Seattle, but you get used to it.... if my memory serves me rightly, one important approach is to trry to keep the steering as smooth as possible... keep the speed steady through the curves, enter slow and exit fast, in other words, brake smooth and early, and accelerate gentlyout of the corners, and as early as possible... 👍

The S license was a nightmare. :yuck:

The rest were fine.

Like everyone has said just like time attack on arcade mode. :)

If u go round enough times, getting used to both track and car its easy. :sly:

P.S. You dont seem to win any nice cars getting all golds so whats the point apart from personal satisfaction???????? :odd:

I must'nt be in the "gold mindset" yet!

Personel satisfaction is all there is. No one else could care less, take it from me.
I have run over 160 better than demo times on S8 for example, my brother just said
thats nice...

Oh Dear.... :rolleyes:

Got bored with winning MORE LM's on Pro League so i thought i'd try and gold my domestic B licence for a laugh......... :banghead:

All were fine even the civic r on grand valley.....

But B8 is an absolute 🤬 ..........

How on earth you supposed to beat 42.800 is beyond me.
I played it for 7 and a half hours and the best i got was 43.116. :banghead:

Suppose i better keep going.......

Wow, look at this cool thread i found! :D:D:D:D

I remember I-A as being hardest. The S licenses weren't as difficult for me.

Last edited:
I tried all of last night to get all golds on Domestic B..........but B8.....what a 🤬 .

But I finally did it...with a time of 42.736 :D

The Mazda is miiine....btw i just started a new game and didn't want to buy my car....i want cash for upgrades.

S License WAS PURE HELL!!!

If anyone mentions of a Toyota GT-ONE at Cote D Azur, I will hunt you down and GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!!

EDIT:

Sorry for reviving this long dead thread but I just couldn't resist.

S License WAS PURE HELL!!!
I will hunt you down and GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!!

I am a dab hand at that plaice, and could show you a clean pair of eels round any rascasse; but cod knows, as a tuna I flounder.

The Côte is a lovely test, one of the best, and what added to it for me was the memories it brought back; my older son once went round that course in a Maclaren single-seater!

The license tests were one of the most rewarding parts of GT3. Anyone who didn't persevere to gold them all is missing out on a big part of the reward which the game has to offer (ie. the satisfaction, not the prize cars :))

The toughest for me were B-8 and S-6. B-8 is still a stinker to gold, though S-6 becomes easier with practice. Hmm - A-7 was also a pretty mean test, where 'perfect' isn't quite good enough; fortunately, with only one turn, it is no more than a few seconds for try-click-click-retry, so you can get several hundred runs in half an hour :D

p2

ps. Maclaren single-seaters

Last edited:
I think i managed all golds on the B, all but 2 on the A, and then i gave up and settled for silver/bronze on the others.

I'm more of silver driver. I could put the time and effort into getting golds, but i get bored way too easily. On GT4 i was much better on the licenses, the overall difficulty was lower to get gold on the majority of the tests. (Although the coffee break tests were a pain in the behind to get gold on)

I think i managed all golds on the B, all but 2 on the A, and then i gave up and settled for silver/bronze on the others.

I'm more of silver driver. I could put the time and effort into getting golds, but i get bored way too easily. On GT4 i was much better on the licenses, the overall difficulty was lower to get gold on the majority of the tests. (Although the coffee break tests were a pain in the behind to get gold on)

Thought i'd post here again because I started a new game.

I can not do license A-4 (RX7 on the 60m radius circles). I've had about 30-40 attempts and am around 1-2 tenths off. My problem is the kerb is too narrow, if I go too far on it it pulls me in and if you skim one of the cones, you fail. If the cones weren't there I would've done it within 3 attempts.

That said, I did test A-5 gold first time (Same car, 100 metre radius circle). The kerb is wider and so is the margin for error. It's probably the single easiest license test i've done in the history of GT, whilst A-4 is easily the hardest. :nervous:

EDIT: Nevermind, done it now :lol: The Camaro one at Seattle was annoying too...

Last edited:
Thought i'd post here again because I started a new game.

I can not do license A-4 (RX7 on the 60m radius circles). I've had about 30-40 attempts and am around 1-2 tenths off. My problem is the kerb is too narrow, if I go too far on it it pulls me in and if you skim one of the cones, you fail. If the cones weren't there I would've done it within 3 attempts.

That said, I did test A-5 gold first time (Same car, 100 metre radius circle). The kerb is wider and so is the margin for error. It's probably the single easiest license test i've done in the history of GT, whilst A-4 is easily the hardest. :nervous:

I was about to say , use manual transmission (if you didn't alredy) for the 60m one. (A-4)

I must disagree GT3 A-4 being the hardest licence test in GT history.

I haven't played GT4P
But I have GT's from 1 to 4 and from these ,
the #1 hardest licence test ever to gold has been in my opinion GT2 International C Licence - #9 - Race Cornering 5: Rome - Alfa 156 2.5 V6 24V .

Good luck at the remaining licence tests on your new game save. 👍

I started a new GT3 save some time ago and golded the licences and did the fixed time trials with minimal day count.

From all the lience tests , the Lancia @ Tahiti Maze (Rally Licence) was the most difficult

MadMax

I had the hardest time with the rally. I couldn't really get the drifts down for the tahiti course. Took me like a week.

Definitely Super. There were just some tests that were impossible to pass, let alone gold (I passed them now). The hardest tests individually though?

IA-8 (I think that was it. Anyway it's the one with the Mine's Skyline on the Complex String section): I tended to spin out on the last corner in the test, making me do all over again.

S-2 (GT40 on Seattle Reverse): Okay, I can drive a GT40 fine, but Seattle Reverse is HARD in that car. It was just so easy to hit the wall on the first corner, and if I got past that, another easy hit would be coming: The corner after the long straightaway. It was hard to just get around the track and get a time, and if I did get around, I always wallowed in big green (i think that was it) FAIL.

S-3 (Miata on Trial Mountain): I'm capable of driving an old Mazda Miata around Trial Mountain, but it's hard to keep the car fast, which is the key in this test.

S-6 (Oreca Viper on Laguna Seca): My dad couldn't pass this test in GT2. He eventually had to settle on a Kids' Prize (the green and yellow book thingy). And it goes the same for me (though Kids' Prize is no more). I either drive too carefully and and get a fail time, or spin out on the first corner. I had to keep it up with times and ghosts and better ghosts until I passed it. Once I was so close to passing too; I once got a 1:22.009!

S-8 (GT-One on Monaco): Okay, I've had enough seat time on a Road Car and have found it fast, easy to drive and an awesome Test Course monster, but since I never drove the Race Car, I never knew it's driving dynamics prior to the test. The Race Car handles well and is fairly stable and high speeds, but on Monaco, high speeds can't be had easily. Sometimes at low speeds, you might steer too sharply and... BAM! You spin out and discover that this car really handles like a washing machine (read the signature) at low speeds. I'll stick with the Road Car after this tough test.

I would have to say the one with the Mine's Skyline at Complex String. It probably wouldn't have been hard if you had to do the part of the test doing the forward part of the track instead of backward.

For some reason I found doing it backwards was easier. Those last two turns are killer if you're playing with a PSone controller though.. it's all either all-out or nothin!

Back