What movies have you seen lately? Now with reviews!Movies 

• Thread starter scentedsoap
  • 8,159 comments
What movies you seen lately?

Ive seen

~The Lion the Witch and Wardrobe
~Harry Potter 4 (liked number 3 better)
~King Kong(was really cool):) đź‘Ť
and gonna watch cheaper by the dozen soon- anyone seen it? wats it like?

King Kong
Heat
Mission Impossible 2
Constant Gardener
Million Dollar baby
Aliens
Plenty of others I can't think of right now.

Donnie Brasco
Italian Job(remake)
Stand by Me
Gangster No. 1
The Shawshank Redemption
The Untouchables
Elephant

40 Year Old Virgin

The Life Aquatic
Quadrophenia
Band of Brother (like my 50th time)
um... that's pretty much it, i really don't go to the movies, since m neighbor works for Warner Bros, and they get like all the movies even movies not form WB.

Memoirs of a Geisha... sucked, another "how the good ol USA killed another great Japanese tradition and culture icon"... :rolleyes: thanks U.S.

Oooh boy!

The last movie I saw was either The Incredibles or The Day After Tomorrow. Can't really remember... as you can tell I don't really keep up with Hollywood.

King Kong, the day before yesterday.

The Transporter 2 (not as good as the original)

.....and that's all I can think of at the moment.....

VIPFREAK
Memoirs of a Geisha... sucked, another "how the good ol USA killed another great Japanese tradition and culture icon"... :rolleyes: thanks U.S.

Wow!!!... I could not disagree more... It was a beautiful film... It had nothing to do with as you put it "How the good ol USA killed another great Japanese tradition"... In fact, in a lot of ways it was trying to show the flaws in such traditions... Once again, I think you have completely missed the point...

;)

Delphic Reason
Wow!!!... I could not disagree more... It was a beautiful film... It had nothing to do with as you put it "How the good ol USA killed another great Japanese tradition"... In fact, in a lot of ways it was trying to show the flaws in such traditions... Once again, I think you have completely missed the point...

Potential spoilers??

Well... I mean it was a good movie about Geishas but just like in the Last Samurai the Americans distroy a sacred Japanese tradition and it really bothers me. Some real cons about the movie is that it was in english instead of eng. subtit. (even though I hate that) and the characters were the same as always from movies like Crouching tiger. The part about Geishas that bother me in general is that at the end of the day it's degrading the Japanese women but were getting into a really big issue I don't want to start typing. :dopey:

Latley I've seen:

The Butterfly Effect
Saw
Snatch
The Matrix Reloaded
Donnie Darko
Fight Club

I'm planning on going to the cinema soon to watch Jarhead, that looks good.

Just watched, "Hustle & Flow" last night... I was surprised... I'm definitely not into most west coast rap, (besides Living Legends and the like) yet this film managed to make me look past that... It's a raw look at life on the streets and the drive to get off the streets and do something with your life... Strong gutsy acting, raw independent style.... I would reccommend it...

;)

Watched "March of the Penguins" last night. Amazing movie, and Morgan Freeman did a great job narrating. Made you laugh, cry, and everything else. Documentary or not, it showed how crazy this world is, and really brought you into the harsh world of the Emperor Penguin.

Seen a lot of other movies lately too, but theres too many to list, and most aren't worth the time it takes to type them out.

scentedsoap
What movies you seen lately?
and gonna watch cheaper by the dozen soon- anyone seen it? wats it like?

Cheaper by the dozen will be what you expect it to be. Its a no-brainer, just watch it when you feel like watching a bit of predictable light comedy.

Movies I've recently seen:
Wedding crashers
Lord of war
American Pie: Band camp
40 year old virgin
The Island

I also quite enjoyed The Island. I thought that the first part of the movie was really origional and I loved the styling. Plus, Scarlett Johansson is a real jem!

SRV2LOW4ME
Watched "March of the Penguins" last night. Amazing movie, and Morgan Freeman did a great job narrating. Made you laugh, cry, and everything else. Documentary or not, it showed how crazy this world is, and really brought you into the harsh world of the Emperor Penguin.

Seen a lot of other movies lately too, but theres too many to list, and most aren't worth the time it takes to type them out.

Cry? :lol: what are you a girl or something? j/k :P

I just kept thinking about human relationships and how I'm so glad I don't have a g/f and that as guys this is not a movie to watch with a girl unless you like shooting yourself in the foot... This movie gives a whole new meaning to "don't drop the ball" also. :dopey: :ill: :lol: Either way both parents are fing nuts.

It was a very good movie surprizingly though.

I saw Underworld Evolutions. It was good but the original Underworld is better and will always be the best.

Too many good movies mentioned in this thread, I can't comment on all of them! I haven't seen "March of the Penguins", but sounds like I should check it out.

live4speed mentioned a great flick called "Constant Gardener". If you enjoy a suspense movie with at least half a brain, you must rent it on DVD. Quite possibly the best "New Release" DVD out right now. đź‘Ť

I've also watched:

Wedding Crashers - pretty good.
40 Year Old Virgin - I'm not 40 or are virgin, but I had few things in common with the charcter. Great comedy!
Heat - Classic with one of the coolest cast line up. I had to watch it again, after someone created the "Heat" thread. :D
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - It was just OK.
Brothers Grimm - It was just OK, and considering it was a Terry Gilliam film, hugely dissapointing. Heath Ledger(or whatever his name was) is a not very good actor. I don't think Matt Damon was very good in this one either.
Bad News Bears - It was kind of OK.
Serenity - Surprisingly good Sci-Fi. At least rent it. I'm buying it, as soon as I see a good deal on a used copy.
What Dreams May Come - I'm glad I got around to see this one. Beautiful concept and visual. Two thumbs up.
Dragonhead - Mysterious and weird Japanese "disaster"(kind of) movie. It was alright.....
Kiss of Death - I rented it, because my coworker told me that "big, young and intimidating" Nick Cage played a mob in this movie. It was better than I thought.

I still have to watch "Fog", "Deliverance"(I've never seen this classic) and "Holy Grail" this weekend.

a6m5
live4speed mentioned a great flick called "Constant Gardener". If you enjoy a suspense movie with at least half a brain, you must rent it on DVD. Quite possibly the best "New Release" DVD out right now. đź‘Ť

Can't argue with that... Great film!...

"Deliverance"(I've never seen this classic) and "Holy Grail" this weekend.

Deliverance is a great flick... It will make you think twice about wandering into the woods, at least... The writer of the story is an interesting character as well... If you rent it, watch the extra features...

"Monty Python's Holy Grail is a comedy classic... Rent it for sure...

I just saw "The Aristocrats"... It's not that funny at first, but as you get towards the end, it gets pretty funny... Gilbert Godfrey is hilarious...

;)

VIPFREAK
Cry? :lol: what are you a girl or something? j/k :P

I just kept thinking about human relationships and how I'm so glad I don't have a g/f and that as guys this is not a movie to watch with a girl unless you like shooting yourself in the foot... This movie gives a whole new meaning to "don't drop the ball" also. :dopey: :ill: :lol: Either way both parents are fing nuts.

It was a very good movie surprizingly though.

I saw Underworld Evolutions. It was good but the original Underworld is better and will always be the best.

Na, but since my girlfriend was almost in full out tears everytime a lil puff ball penguin died, I thought I should put it in. :lol:

I actually turned it around on her as soon as it showed how bad the dads have it. Made it a point to repeat "look what men do for you women, and yet you can't even make me supper when I get home". The next morning I had breakfast waiting for me when I got up. :sly:
Although it was probably spit on. :ouch:

Back