What movies have you seen lately? Now with reviews!Movies 

• Thread starter scentedsoap
  • 8,163 comments
Lemony Snicket's A Series of unfortun... ate... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I watched Dutch on the weekend for the tenth time. I LOVE that movie. Anyone else ever seen it? I recommend it. You just have to look past Al Bundy when you watch Ed O'Neill and you will see he is actually a very good actor. It's about a spoiled kidnamed Doyle whose parents are divorced. His father is a millionaire but he's alweays too busy for Doyle. Doyle blames his mother for this, and he hates her. She's dating construction company owner Dutch Dooley (O'Neill) who just might be exactly what Doyle needs to step back into line. Dutch volunteers to go pick Doyle up from school and take him home to see his mother for Thanksgiving, since Doyle refuses to accept the plane ticket she's purchased for him. When Dutch and Doyle meet, their personalities collide. It's freakin' hilarious!

My favourite line comes when he first goes to pick the kid up at his private school:

Dutch: I told your mother I'd take you home for the holidays.
Doyle: I have plans.
Dutch: You gonna stay here? Watch the football game on TV? Make a turkey sandwich and hang yourself in the toilet?

Anderton Prime
I watched Dutch on the weekend for the tenth time. I LOVE that movie. Anyone else ever seen it? I recommend it. You just have to look past Al Bundy when you watch Ed O'Neill and you will see he is actually a very good actor. It's about a spoiled kidnamed Doyle whose parents are divorced. His father is a millionaire but he's alweays too busy for Doyle. Doyle blames his mother for this, and he hates her. She's dating construction company owner Dutch Dooley (O'Neill) who just might be exactly what Doyle needs to step back into line. Dutch volunteers to go pick Doyle up from school and take him home to see his mother for Thanksgiving, since Doyle refuses to accept the plane ticket she's purchased for him. When Dutch and Doyle meet, their personalities collide. It's freakin' hilarious!

My favourite line comes when he first goes to pick the kid up at his private school:

Dutch: I told your mother I'd take you home for the holidays.
Doyle: I have plans.
Dutch: You gonna stay here? Watch the football game on TV? Make a turkey sandwich and hang yourself in the toilet?

Yeah I have seen it a few times, great movie 👍

I just watched Anchorman last night, such a great film. My stomach hurt after that one.. I also watched Wedding Crashers the other day, Vince Vaughn is rapidly becoming one of my favoured comedy actors. Dodgeball, Anchorman and Wedding Crashers, he's been awesome in all of them.

Oh and also I watched There's Something About Mary last weekend, the zip part still makes me cringe.
:scared:

Bee

Oh and also I watched There's Something About Mary last weekend, the zip part still makes me cringe.
:scared:

:lol: the zip part - still trying to figure how on earth he managed to get it all the way up!!!!!

Ugh, did you like Danny Darko or whatever? I thought it was the biggest waste of time ever...

as for movies I've seen within the past week...
Irreversible
River King
Wheather Man (real good)
Elizabethtown
That new camereon diaz movie out to rent
Just Like Heaven

that's about it for the past week

Just re-watched Romancing the Stone last night...what a great movie. Absolutely quintessential 80s fare. Michael Douglas at his best, Danny DeVito at his funniest.

Anderton Prime
Just re-watched Romancing the Stone last night...what a great movie. Absolutely quintessential 80s fare. Michael Douglas at his best, Danny DeVito at his funniest.
"Now that's what I call a campfire!"

Awesome flick, from start to finish.

Right now, I'm watching Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. Fantastic flick about a couple of NASCAR boys who pull off a robbery to fund their race car needs, and a town tramp interlopes with their plans. It has the best car chasing scenes of any film.

For some rerason I've been watching a lot of Japanese and Chinese films recently (on DVD). Most recent being Uzumaki. A strange but interesting Japanese horror-type flick.
I think the last western movie I saw was Batman begins in early January.

I didn't like Donnie Darko either. It was alright, I suppose. I agree on Romancing the Stone, but sadly, I don't remember much of the movie, except that it was good. I should rent it, I might even buy it. Uzumaki was pretty cool. I didn't like it enough to go out and buy my own copy, but it was a very interesting movie. VERY unique. 👍

I just watched "Monsieur Météo" (Weather Man I think in english) with Nicolas Cage. I think that pretty shows the real face of the world. It sends a great message but still a movie anyway...

Just watched Wall Street for the first time yesterday. Pretty awesome performance by Michael Douglas. Man, he's a great actor. I was even able to watch Charlie Sheen without getting the urge to smash my head into the TV screen.

Anderton Prime
Just watched Wall Street for the first time yesterday. Pretty awesome performance by Michael Douglas. Man, he's a great actor. I was even able to watch Charlie Sheen without getting the urge to smash my head into the TV screen.
I have that on DVD. Better late than never, eh? :D Charlie Sheen was still cool back then. Where did it all go wrong?

Lord of war

lordofwar3.jpg

I really really liked the film. It's not perfect in several aspects, but the overall package makes it a great movie, for me the best of the last 6 months ( not that difficult though :lol: )...

I saw Lord of War as well a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I don't know of anyone else who liked it though, and I can't understand why. I thought Nic Cage was great, especially since he tends to play only one character in every movie: Nic Cage. He's got talent, but you have to pick the right movie to see him do his thing. You won't find great Nic Cage in National Treasure, for example. But go pick up Family Man and watch it with the girlfriend, and I guarantee you'll both enjoy it. Lord of War is another one where he comes across as genuine. I loved it.

I thought it was pretty good. Speaking of Nicholas Cage, I rented "Weather Man" today. It's supposed to be a good one.

Oh, yeah. I saw the first "Final Destination" on DVD today. Since the third one is in theaters, I've been wanting to watch the 1 & 2 again. It was still entertaining the second time. 👍

I saw Munich this weekend...it was ok, but it's very hard to follow the story when people keep talking through all the important scenes.

GTRacer4
I saw Munich this weekend...it was ok, but it's very hard to follow the story when people keep talking through all the important scenes.
I suck at watching movies in theaters with other people for that very reason. When I'm watching a movie in a theater, no talking!

I saw Hostel the other day. Gory as hell and a pretty decent film. I liked the way that once the action started happening Roth didn't let it up but also didn't let the movie run over-long, something that happens too much recently.

Not bad acting either. However, the real star of the film is the effects and the graphic torture scenes. The story left a few plot points unanswered or just plain ignored but if there had been too many details the movie would have been lengthened and lost some of its impact if it was stretched out too much.

Back