What movies have you seen lately? Now with reviews!Movies 

• Thread starter scentedsoap
  • 8,163 comments
Fog(remake) - This movie's approval rating percentage at rottentomatoes.com didn't reach double digit. Don't even rent it. :crazy: It was nice to see Shannon from "Lost" though.

Deliverance - Finally saw this movie. It was scary in a very realistic way. :D I did watch the documentary on the DVD. I had no idea that Sheriff was played by the author of "Deliverance". :)

vladimir
been in munich today...very good film...interestingly contemporary. spielberg should do more serious films.
I wanna see this movie, especially now that my brother told me that Moritz Bleibtreu(Run Lola Run) is in it. 👍

a6m5
Fog(remake) - This movie's approval rating percentage at rottentomatoes.com didn't reach double digit. Don't even rent it. :crazy: It was nice to see Shannon from "Lost" though.

Deliverance - Finally saw this movie. It was scary in a very realistic way. :D I did watch the documentary on the DVD. I had no idea that Sheriff was played by the author of "Deliverance". :)

I wanna see this movie, especially now that my brother told me that Moritz Bleibtreu(Run Lola Run) is in it. 👍
is he? i did not spot him anywhere...

*checking imdb*
oh, appearently he is...as "andreas"...whoever that was...i am really bad with names and faces. :D

vladimir
is he? i did not spot him anywhere...

*checking imdb*
oh, appearently he is...as "andreas"...whoever that was...i am really bad with names and faces. :D
My brother did notice him in that movie, but must've been pretty small role. :guilty: I hunted down a video called "Invisible Circus", just to see Moritz Bleibtreu in it. It starred Cameron Diaz and that girl from the first "The Fast and the Furious". He was in there for just couple of minutes. :ouch:

Finally got around to seeing "Walk The Line" last weekend. Holy s**t, what a flick.

Ya gotta see this one, folks. The Johnny Cash story couldn't be told better than this, and Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon both got Oscar nominations. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both win.

Most incredible is the fact that they both did their own singing. I was stunned at how good they are.

I haven't been a big Reese fan, but I am now. She's really somethin'.

Zardoz
Finally got around to seeing "Walk The Line" last weekend. Holy s**t, what a flick.

Ya gotta see this one, folks. The Johnny Cash story couldn't be told better than this, and Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon both got Oscar nominations. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both win.

Most incredible is the fact that they both did their own singing. I was stunned at how good they are.

I want to see this movie sooooo bad! I started liking his music recently, so that interests me even more.

Zardoz

You're right...they should...or tarrence howard.....but they won't..
Reason?

"curageous gay cowboys"......lame...lame...lame...

not to hate or anything....but the whole "they loved eachother, and lead 2 lives, and were persecuted for their love" story...has been done.. about 3498024923904858348125934590348549238-903425-8934825-48258432057482356893472 times....

The only twist? it's gay cowboys......starring 1. A Foreigner and 2. Toby McGuires long lost twin.

Watched Gone in 60 Seconds again the other day on TV, but all the language was edited out because it was on the worst station of all time, TBS.

Also saw When A Stranger Calls on Friday. It was moderately entertaining, and a little scary for me, especially since I have a fear of the dark, being home alone in a big house, and the woods at night, and this movie has all three. Not as scary as The Blair Witch Project, though.

Anderton Prime
Not as scary as The Blair Witch Project, though.
Finally somebody else who found that movie scary!. :lol: That movie was pretty scary to me, but every time I admit to that, I get laughed at.

Saw the new Ghost in the Shell. Much better than I had been expecting.

Amazing production values, great rendered stuff. It has a truly beautiful aesthetic.

a6m5
Finally somebody else who found that movie scary!. :lol: That movie was pretty scary to me, but every time I admit to that, I get laughed at.

I found it scary although most people weren't stupid enough as me to go see it at the drive-ins. :grumpy:

I went to see The Blair Witch Project at a press screening before it opened in theatres. I went with two friends to see it in downtown Toronto, but the theatre was so packed we had to split up, so I sat right against the wall, next to a stranger. I was getting more and more terrified and I couldn't even look to my friends for safety. Then when I went home, my girlfriend laughed at me because I couldn't sleep. I ditched her not long after.

I saw "Frantic". A thriller by Roman Polanski( 👍 ), starring Harrison Ford. I've always liked it, but never owned it on DVD, due to only fullscreen( 👎 ) being available. I finally bought it, because BestBuy has "Frantic" and "Presumed Innocent" double feature DVD for $6.99. :D If you like budget DVDs, go get it!
James2097
Saw the new Ghost in the Shell. Much better than I had been expecting.
I've seen the first, and one of the sequels, which I forgot what it was called. I really liked the first one, but the other one, I didn't like too much.

Thanks to VIPFREAK and Anderton. It's nice to know that I wasn't the only wuss. :D

Too late, excuses are like you know what. ;) Everybody's got them and they all stink. :D

Watched Layer Cake the other day, to see if Daniel Craig would make a good bond. He is way too fugly. The movie was quite good, they said the word "****" a little much, kinda like The Getaway on PS2, trying too hard to be "hard". It was entertaining, but not up to the level of "Snatch" by a long shot.

just watched 'bloody sunday'...really intense film that left me thinking not "that film" afterwards, but "these events" due to the really good use of the documentary style...

X5.
Watched Snatch yesterday - Brilliant Movie :D
i have seen lock, stock last week. brilliant as well. now i have to get my hands on snatch i suppose... ;)

vladimir
i have seen lock, stock last week. brilliant as well. now i have to get my hands on snatch i suppose... ;)

Oh you should watch it, i highly recommend it. Haven't seen something that good in a while. :D

I saw Pink Panther this weekend, it was surprisingly good for a PG film. Although you can tell they took some things out to get the family-friendly rating, it was hilarious none the less.

Some others:

Harry Potter 4
Almost Heroes
Not Another Teen Movie
Remake of remake of Zorro (Horrible, just horrible)

VIPERGTSR01
I recently watched Raging Bull and Goodfella's again.
I have Goodfellas on DVD( 👍 ), but I've never seen Raging Bull. I'll add that to my little list.
Cosmic
SAW, and I'm going to see SAW 2 today sometime ;)
I rented the second one today, along with Doom. I can't wait.

James2097
Watched Layer Cake the other day, to see if Daniel Craig would make a good bond. He is way too fugly. The movie was quite good, they said the word "****" a little much, kinda like The Getaway on PS2, trying too hard to be "hard". It was entertaining, but not up to the level of "Snatch" by a long shot.
I agree, both on the Layer Cake and Daniel Craig. :D

vladimir
:lol:
Don't have too much expectations though. I thought Lock, Stock was a great movie, but was hugely dissapointed by Snatch. If I watch it again, without the super high expectation this time, I'm sure it's quite good.

evilgenius788
I saw Pink Panther this weekend, it was surprisingly good for a PG film. Although you can tell they took some things out to get the family-friendly rating, it was hilarious none the less.
Peter Sellers will be hard to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back