What not to do when playing GT5..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 86 comments
  • 9,457 views
Don't pause and read stuff about the recent earthquakes and how it's supposedly the start of the end of the world.
Screws your concentration up cause your (mine) mind will argue with it's self and it's hard to race like that.
 
Never fart so loud when racing online that other racers can hear you over your headset! They will laugh and possibly crash.
 
Well, I can attest to the dont drink & drive....Well Id much rather do that here vs real life as the latter costs waaaaaaaaay more $$$$$$$
IRL lol to the tune of $7K at least in my state lol

Cost's should'nt come into it. What about the fact you could potentially kill someone. You rally make sound like if it did'nt cost you in dollers you would drink and drive.
 
Do not, whatever you do, let your 8-year old little brother race the Indy 500 in your X1. Owait, actually, do do that. Just remember to tell him when to pit, and he'll do it xD Mine will anyways XD
 
Dont start with your girlfriend then try and race it dosent work.. she always wins...

DAM YOU BOOOBIES...

I lost the fgt championship cause of those things
 
and it's probably not a good idea to sneeze, particularly whilst racing on a high-speed circuit as demonstrated by my able self yesterday...

1 sneeze + jostling for the lead @ Monza during a seasonal event race = an impressive tank-slapper maneouvre and a trip into the kitty litter :grumpy:
 
I choose not to have sex with wife cause I wanted to race more online on GT5, only to have my Internet connection slow down after, and be staring at the GT black/blank screen for the next 20mins on and off.

Looking at my choice here, I choose to sit and watch the gt5 blank screen rather than sex, I got problems!!!
 
Don't concentrate on the car.
Or else you might end up at the wall.

Concentrate on the track. :D
 
Stay up until 2AM trying to beat the Vettel Challenge with a DS3 when you have school and track practice the next day.

I did that last night and I think sleeping would've been better then having an X2010. It's sitting in my garage with 0.0 miles on it and I don't even want to look at that damn thing..
 
Don't chat with somebody on facebook while at GT5.
Don't ever connect a modem without a router or transferring connections will be a pain in the ass.
 
Never have your kids along with you when playing GT5! Some %$%^^ words are inappropriate for kids :) (Damn that track)
 
Sneeze on the mid straight (near Flugplatz..?) at the Nurb, without a tissue to hand. 3 and a half minutes of snotty face. X-(

Overreact at the sheer hopelessness of your naturally-cool B-spec pilot as he attempts what would be a brilliant pass but resolutely refuses to commit. Or slow right down to 120-measly-****ing-miles-per-hour at the tighter bend at Daytona, going from 1st to 8th in the space of five seconds. (Genuine self-injury inflicted).
 
Leave the room with your kids online under your name. Come back with heaps abusive messages from them punting. Then again do it . Its more fun some1 trying to take u out when u jump back online and you leave them halve a lap behind in a sand trap
 
Don't fart because the smell will distract you and your neighbours...

In Sweden we have a saying: Det är inte farten som dödar - det är smällen (It's not the fart that kills - it's the smell)
 
Enter a endurance race to try out your new GT by Citroen. You will fail. Bad.
Whoever likes that car should be shot at dawn.
 
- Walk away for three minutes to wash up some dishes and leave your brothers near your stuff. You may come back to find yourself missing 300k cr and now in possession of a 200hp, pink, jacked up in the air Samba bus.

Read this while in a meeting at work. Laughed out loud, knocked coffee all over table. Not a good look.. :scared:
 
Do not think you can still be competitive while bottle feeding your 1 month old baby. Even with the bottle tucked under the chin, both hands do not stay free for long.
 
-let the wife walk in front of the tv, even though you told her 100 times not to, when racing online. going from 1st to last place in a second

she still does it now to wind me up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh man... How many things does my wife do just to wind me up.

In fact, my mother used to walk by the microwave and press the number 1 just because it drove me nuts that she didn't let the last second go on the microwave so the clock would display back on the microwave.

Never in a flurry of exuberance handbrake your car over the finish line when there's still one lap to go!!!!

*raises hand* Guilty.

Never... let your wife/girlfriend fall asleep on the sofa with her head on your lap so that you forget and smack her in the eye when you lose it on the last corner of a very close and rainy race at Suzuka...

... I mean never do that, I implore you! :scared:

Wow! I feel for you man. I've not done something like this, but I couldn't imagine what would happen..
 
Last edited:
Never attempt to crash the Nascar AIs on Daytona. Retaliation is impossible. :irked:
 
Do not waste your time looking for Midfield, Apricot Hill, Infineon, or Seattle Circuit.
 
Never start bragging before you cross the finish line.

I was racing online in my superduper Hugger Orange 09 Audi R8 5.whatnot quattro, at Indy, and just as I exit the final turn, with my HUGE lead, I shout triumphantly "GOOOOO WONDER PETS...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" (OK, quick story, my kid loves the show, that's why the name...etc.). I take a quick peek back to see how much I spanked them...when CRAAAASH...right into the wall at the entrance to pit road. I did not finish first, and EVERYBODY laughed at me. Trust me, wait until after you win. I didn't love it.

And yes, btw, I did paint my Audi Hugger Orange.
 
-Don't push worn tires, pitting a lap later isn't worth the risk of doing an entire lap with the rears lit up and spinning.

-Don't let your dog sniff around the table while you're driving. Replugging the steering wheel in the middle of the fastest straight on the Nurburgring while herding your bouncing black lab who's just-so-happy-to-see-you back into his crate isn't fun

- don't mash the X button to get into the final race of the FGT championship before you check to see if it's raining and you have slicks equipped... Still have a bronze in that event because of that.

-don't think that you can drive 200 laps on Indianapolis while writing papers or typing. You can't.
 
Last edited:
Back