What racing game started it all?

• Thread starter frentzey
  • 94 comments
:bowdown: Wow Pupik mentioned f-1 from 74 I actually remember playing what must have been that game in a grotty seaside arcade when I was a wee lad in 1988.
The 'car' you controlled was just attached directly to the steering wheel and moved across the background there was no corners as such just 1 long curve untill your money ran out.

God I'm old

Originally posted by liquidyellow
:bowdown: Wow Pupik mentioned f-1 from 74 I actually remember playing what must have been that game in a grotty seaside arcade when I was a wee lad in 1988.
The 'car' you controlled was just attached directly to the steering wheel and moved across the background there was no corners as such just 1 long curve untill your money ran out.

God I'm old
Tis true, there are drivin sim much older then 90% of folks here, that is sad

Originally posted by Masterblaster
there are 6 different colors for the GT-40 ...want em ?
Working on it :) Have the red and the Gulf race car so far but haven't had much time for GT3 the last few days :mischievous:

Is it true bout the gurls from your neck of the woods ?
A lot of it probably. Some of it just rumours. RU thinking of anything specific ? :eek:

Was jus pullin ur chain, do ya have the 6 colors for the GT ?
In that case it is probably true :D

As written a bit above this, so far I have the red and the Gulf Race car so I am working on getting them all.. Just haven't had any time for GT3 the last couple 'o days :grumpy:

Originally posted by Flerbizky
In that case it is probably true :D

As written a bit above this, so far I have the red and the Gulf Race car so I am working on getting them all.. Just haven't had any time for GT3 the last couple 'o days :grumpy:
there are 6 colors to be had, I prefer the White with Blue racing stripes, been playin MC II since Friday last myself

Originally posted by liquidyellow
Colors! I'll take any, I just want one of the damned things. I cant seem to get one, my favorite car in GT2.
You could take an F1 to the Pro GT World Championship and save before the last race. Then race the last race until you hit the GT40 :D Should be done pretty quickly..

I am, however, a firm believer in pushing the start button at the random car selection..

Originally posted by Flerbizky
You could take an F1 to the Pro GT World Championship and save before the last race. Then race the last race until you hit the GT40 :D Should be done pretty quickly..

I am, however, a firm believer in pushing the start button at the random car selection..
Randon means just that, nothing you do will alter that. Cept race til you get the car you want

i think i played that, does it have
a weird cartoon environment? i recal cows for some reason... (a weird game from my childhood, name skips me)

What was the name of the racing game that 4 people could play at the same time? It was a huge game with 4 steering wheels that I remember spinning but never playing. I think it might be called Gran Prix, or am I thinking about Indy 500?:confused:

Strangely enough, the first racing game I played a lot, and what got me into cars in the first place was when my friend got me to really play Gran Turismo 3. That basically made me into a car enthusiast.

Back