Ardius
How ironic. I would have said that retaliating is a sign of something taking it too seriously, this is a game first and foremost and the aim is to have fun, winning should never take priority over that. This applies to all games for me, not just racing games.
This is a racing sim, and when it comes to simulation games people like me take it very seriously because it's suppose to be a simulation of racing which means the racing is suppose to resemble real life racing.
If you can't drive the simulation correctly and you constantly run into other cars you need to step out of cockpit and move on to Need For Speed or Burnout. Consistant punters DO NOT belong in simulation motor racing games. If these drivers dared to race that way in a PC sim like NASCAR 2003 they wouldn't last a day as they would be banned from server after server.
You are allowed to be slow or aggressive, but you
ARE NOT allowed to destroy the races of others in simulation motor racing games by lacking the skill to hold a line and pass or be passed correctly. Practice offline vs the AI until you're ready for online.
The only reason why these drivers exist in the simulation of Gran Turismo is that PD allows them to exist to keep sells up.
Again, when people like me buy a racing simulation game we expect simulation style racing, not crash fests like you have now.
Gran Turismo is not a game to people like me, it is a simulator.
Ardius
Yes, I can and do take my racing seriously, however, I am able to take a step back sometimes and not let myself get in over my head over the most trivial of accidents or allow myself to get frustrated by idiots.
There is a difference between a trivial, or small accident, and someone who hits you 3-4 times throughout a race until he eventually spins you or someone who really doesn't give a flying flip if he hits you or not and tries to dive bomb you on every corner, essentially treating a living breathing human like a stupid AI car.
If I catch up to him, I'm going to put him in the wall. If this game didn't sell it's soul to the mainstream gamer these guys would be banned from online events or they would have a poor LPI (laps per incident from NR2003) that would keep them from racing vs clean racers.
Ardius
Retaliating is a sign of the frustration getting to you and that is not a good thing.
What's wrong with getting frustrated? I want proper simulation style racing and when bird brains drive around in 4WD cars like it's Burnout Paradise and show
ZERO respect for their competitors by plowing through them why should I not get frustrated?
My favorite racing franchise which prides itself as great racing simulator is having it's online mode pillaged by hapless fools who think anything and everything goes online.
Ardius
You seem to think that perhaps retaliating will teach someone a lesson? Absolute rubbish, we aren't there to teach people a lesson, we are there to have fun and to win, surely beating someone fair and square is a greater lesson than showing your frustration?
As someone else said eye for and eye. If you're going to shove me in the wall or put me in the sand trap when you already hit me on several occassions and it's obvious it wasn't an accident but careless driving then I will return the deed.
Retaliate or not they're going to be the same idiot the next race and the race after that. The only thing that can change these people is to bring them to justice.
AKA BANNING
Ardius
Whatever, most of you clearly aren't going to change your mind no matter what I say, so I'm not going to bother arguing this anymore.
However, I am no less of a racer than you just because I prefer to prove my worth through actual skill rather than my determination to win and punish.
I love to win, yes, but I have also had great races where I finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I don't have to win to have a fun race.
I DO NOT like having my time wasted by a goof who doesn't flinch one bit when he runs you off the road.
I'm spending 10, 15 minutes of my time running a race and if he thinks it's OK to throw all my time out the window by pulling a stupid, careless move and wrecking me then by all means
I WILL punish him if I get to his car again.
It would be different if these people showed they were sorry by waiting for you or sending you a message via PSN but they don't, they're merciless assassins who only care about winning. That's why I have
NO mercy for them.