What settings give close to reality road behavior?

• Thread starter Sakinen
  • 7 comments
Greece
Greece
What are the Settings that give the car (whatever car, from N200 to Gr. 1), the most close to the reality behavior? Overall handling, braking, cornering etc.
TCS, ABS, anything...
Thanks!

It has to be an impossible question to answer since every vehicle is different.
It can only be answered by someone that has driven said vehicle. On top of that, since all cars start with 0 miles, it would need to be someone that drove the car brand new. And we can’t guarantee that whatever car PD modeled said car from was brand new.
Plus I would think that the physics model is generic to a point otherwise each car would have to have its own specific physics model and I don’t imagine a race C would work well with the game calculating 20 separate physics models along with graphics and penalty system calculations all working in concert with ping......

I would wish that they did but I don’t know about that......

The best you could do is try to mimic your specific car in the game and how it feels to you. Everybody experiences stuff differently. Unless you have some kind of 4D rig, you won’t even feel the body roll in the car or how the suspension feels. The real life car translates that differently than your ffb will through your wheel plugged into your PS4.

General things, most road cars have too high camber, rear toe and LSD Accel. Most road cars except the highest end supercars should be on Comfort Soft tyres. Also I hate to say this but the TCS in GT isn't a very good representation of the complex systems in modern cars (road and race) so just turn it off. Older cars shouldn't have ABS, but ABS off is poorly modelled as well so just keep it on Default.

Back in GT6 I used Ridox Garage tunes to help make the cars a lot closer to real (and better handling too). The numbers might not be exact but it's good to have a look around to get a rough idea of what things to change.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...vr-aem-s2000-cizeta-transam-doug-nash.294814/

I'd always assumed that the "real" car was as it is, out-of-the-box.
In other words, as given / bought and don't make any changes to it.

But I might be wrong. :cheers:

Back