What supplements do you use?

• Thread starter Dougboy
  • 73 comments
dougboyy
I noticed quite a few people on GTP goes to the gym regularly. So im just wondering what kind of supplements you all take. Ive been going to the local YMCA 6 days a week and i've been doing cardio in the morning and weight training in the evening.

I take Centrum multivitamins daily and 2 scoops of Superpump250 everytime i work out. I dont know if this Superpump250 made by Gaspari Nutrition is anygood but a lot of guys at my school uses it so i figure i give it a try.

http://www.1fast400.com/p1720_SuperPump_250_Gaspari_Nutrition.html

Its my first time with supplements and i figure that after im done this tub, i might try a combination of Optimum Whey protein and NO-explode

centrum multivitamins only. and my only workout is at work. im an industrial maintainence shop/grounds keeper

Just some Cytosport whey protein.

cytowheybean.jpg

Since i see that everybody is taking whey, i just bought me a tub of this today. I gotta admit, the cookies and cream is delicious :)

pGNC1-2331559dt.jpg

^ i use the same thing. i take a bannana, 2 scoops of that and about 15oz of milk. blend that all together... let it sit for an hour or so before drinking so you dont drink all that air and get gassy. :P i drink a little bit at a time during the day. or i drink half after a training session.

I also take L-glutamine and Traditional Nutritional Pure Formulations (advanced nutrients plus :P) multivitamins. and i take a few other things once in a while like flax oil. i drink teas and stuff.

sometimes a few hours before, but i try to drink some immediatly afterwards. i'm out of protein shake mix right now...

As listed in my other thread:

SciFit BCAA Powder 5000
Optimum 100% Egg Protein
Optimum 100% Whey Protein
TKE Joint Boost With MSM
Higher Power Micronized Creatine
Higher Power Vitamin C 1000
Health From The Sea PFO Pure Fish Oil
Higher Power One-A-Day
NOW Dextrose

I see some mention banana shakes? Here's a delicious post workout shake. In a blender, add 2 cups ice, once cup milk, 4 scoops vanilla whey protein, 1 banana, and two large table spoons of peanut butter. Vary your milk and ice ratio to get the consistency you want. It's awesome!

I was hooked on the ON Whey chocolate mint shakes.... The last couple times I've just done the vanilla shakes.

i just tried blending the NO whey like it says on the bottle. The results were horrible. :ill: It made it all bubbly and weird and tasted like crap :crazy: Perhaps my blending method was incorrect even when i followed their instructions?

As to before or after, i like to take my protein with milk about 2 hours after dinner and sleep 2 hours after (dinner 4h before bedtime and workout before dinner).

Have any of you trained without a supplement, then moved onto a supplement and noticed a real difference?

I still can't decide whether to get myself some whey protein :indiff:

Have any of you trained without a supplement, then moved onto a supplement and noticed a real difference?

If I still had my grandma living with us, cooking 5 course meals daily like she did back in the day, supplements would not be that critical. Unfortunately my diet today isn't what it used to be so supplements are critical to getting the protein and amino acids that my needs for building new muscle.

Bubble Bunny
i just tried blending the NO whey like it says on the bottle. The results were horrible. It made it all bubbly and weird and tasted like crap Perhaps my blending method was incorrect even when i followed their instructions?
As far as using a blender, if you blend it too much with just liquid (water, milk, juice....) it will get foamy and too airy. A little goes a long way. When blending with ice, however, it's been my experience that it doesn't bubble like it does with liquids.

Thanks for the advice Pako. I just tried it again tonight following your recipe and it was delicious. I also added in strawberries and replaced PB with nutella. I guess it tasted bad last time was due to the lack of fruits and too much blending without solid stuff.

I take the ON 100% Whey Protein thrice a day. And it has worked great for me. I am not too massive but now my muscles have more definition and strength than what I had b4 trying on Protein Suppliments. I don't use blender, I take the 1 scoop powder, put some milk and shake it well, then put some more milk and shake it more up. Let it settle down a bit. Stir it up and sip it all up, gradually while eating a couple of bananas.

Yes, thrice a day. I work-out in the evenings so once in the morning right b4 leaving for work. Once after coming from work, about an hour b4 work out and right after a 1-1/2 to 2 hour work out, about half n hour b4 dinner. (Dinner is comparatively a little light, cept when am going out :P )

I am thinking of Shifting to MuscleTech NitroTech - Hardcore, now that my 100% Whey Protein is over. I was recommended this by a trainer at my gym. So I thought it won't hurt to try it once. Will post here if it's any good or not within a month..

Just picked up some stuff:
1000mg Fish Oil Softgels
1000mg Green Tea Extract
Multivitamins
Primaforce Primal N20

I'm looking into getting some Whey, but I'm having a hard time deciding which to get and then I try to find the best price.

I have, just started on some egg and protein whey powder.

At first i though what a gip. But unfortunatley the key is to take the stuff often. I don't take everyday cause i'm not in a part time job yet - too expensive :lol:

So i just take the stuff after i've been training. I saw a significance change in the shape of my muscles. They were more defined. I say you may aswell take em, plus the ones into milkshakes taste great!👍

I see some mention banana shakes? Here's a delicious post workout shake. In a blender, add 2 cups ice, once cup milk, 4 scoops vanilla whey protein, 1 banana, and two large table spoons of peanut butter. Vary your milk and ice ratio to get the consistency you want. It's awesome!

Haha i definitely do that too, it's amazing! It gives the shake a real nice creamy taste to it. I only put a teaspoon of peanut butter though, does the job just fine without adding too much fat or sugar.

Haha i definitely do that too, it's amazing! It gives the shake a real nice creamy taste to it. I only put a teaspoon of peanut butter though, does the job just fine without adding too much fat or sugar.

I could honestly eat one three times a day if I had the time to make it. It's THAT GOOD!!! :)

With my bad eating habits, I really need to find some meal replacements that are quick and easy. I have to workout during my lunch time, so lunch is out...so I would have to be able to eat it/drink it at work. Have you guys tried any good meal replacers? I am currently look at EAS Myoplex Deluxe MRP. I've used the Myoplex product before and really like it. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Warning to all members: NEVER drink protein supplement mixed only in water. It is perhaps THE most disgusting thing I've ever drank. I chased it with a shot of rye just to get the taste out of my mouth.

We were out of milk, ice cream, and any kind of fruit or mixing agent.

Don't try it.

Vanilla Myoplex made me retch the first time I had it. I'll never buy vanilla protein shake again.

I've just started taking some "Body For Life" Whey protein from tesco. It's only £8 (£7.20 when I use my Tesco discount) for 300g so it's nowhere near the cost of MaxiMuscle promax and the such.

As its only been a short time, the only noticeable effect so far is less muscle ache the day after workouts.

When i made this thread, i was quite into working out. But i got a summer job and now im starting from scratch, although i make progress much faster starting from scratch the second time than the first.

I just got a tub of this. Not exactly the cheapest thing around...

isoflex2_pbc.jpg

*edit, i never understand why they use such a huge tub and fill it only 2/3rd way up. Why dont they ever pack it? Or use a smaller container

Vanilla Myoplex made me retch the first time I had it. I'll never buy vanilla protein shake again.

If you think the vanilla is gross, stay far away from the strawberry..... :yuck:

Hey guys, i've been weight training for awhile now, but never used these. can someone explain to me what they do exactly for you? and if they can become unhealthy?

On supplements like Whey protein, it's hard to get to toxic levels where your kidneys start to fail. A good place to research is www.bodybuilding.com they have some good articles. There are also other articles by non-pros that you need to be careful reading. For example, I was reading an article talking about how to gain muscle mass, this and that worked for him..... At the end of the article, it show his stats at only weighing in at 140lbs. Not to say he didn't have anything good to say, but I would rather take mass gaining advise from someone that's 300+ lbs with a very low fat percentage. :)

There's articles for just about every supplement. The most common being protein supplements to help aid in not having to eat so much food and to get the most gain out of the best proteins for muscle growth.

Back