What supplements do you use?

• Thread starter Dougboy
  • 73 comments
Not sure on the BSN stuff.... I've had some other products from BSN that were good. I've been taking Optimum Gold Whey Protein with good results. Might be time to change the next time around. Let me know what you think of the BSN product.

Thanks man. About how long will it last me being 130lb's? (yeah, i'm only 5'5")..

And i'll order this after this weekend because i'll be home from vermont!

They say you should consume 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of body weight for gain in mass. You have to also consider food you eat as well.

Time to bump.

A while ago, I got a variety pack of flavors from ON's 100% Whey. I'm going to do a write-up as soon as I try all of them. However, I had their Orange Cream flavor yesterday and it was awesome. Best flavor I've had so far. I've had, in the order of my preference:

1. Orange Cream
2. Double Rich Chocolate
3. Strawberry
-. Cookies & Cream

A dozen flavors to go.

Holy thread Resurection! Can't believe I was doing "Body for Life" when I last posted in here.

Currently using
pharmabig.jpg

Great protein content, mixes well, good additions to the protein and tastes pretty good aswell (Strawberry Creme). Well priced aswell, though I found it was cheaper in a local store than it is online :dopey:

And just yesterday bought some cheap multivitamins and fish oil capsules from Tesco.

Time to bump.

A while ago, I got a variety pack of flavors from ON's 100% Whey. I'm going to do a write-up as soon as I try all of them. However, I had their Orange Cream flavor yesterday and it was awesome. Best flavor I've had so far. I've had, in the order of my preference:

1. Orange Cream
2. Double Rich Chocolate
3. Strawberry
-. Cookies & Cream

A dozen flavors to go.

I've been using Optimum Nutritian's Whey product for a couple years now. I've been stuck on the 10lb bag of vanilla for the past 14 months. Great protein IMO. The orange cream sounds delicious. I sometimes mix other flavored supplements with my protein so the vanilla works best for that, but I might try a small 2lb of the orange for a little change up. 👍

Yeah the orange cream masks that bite that ON's shakes have. Strawberry tastes good (like fresh tangy strawberries, not like strawberry-flavored candy), but I think the bite gets amplified by that flavor. I hate the bite. Double Rich Chocolate is good but, alas, has a hint of that biting aftertaste. Cookies n Cream tastes like chocolate and vanilla mixed together. It's confused and clashing, but it doesn't taste horrible. The bite is definitely there though. Orange cream tastes like a rootbeer float, except with something between orange juice and orange soda instead of the rootbeer.

People seems to like Banana cream so I might give that a shot next. But if I'm in the mood for somethin chocolaty I'll go for the rocky road.

Never knew this thread existed. Anyway, this is what I use.
Nano Vapor
C5-70035-X500.gif

I personally think that it tastes bad, but all of my friends that have tried it like the way it tastes.
And for after the workout, Muscle Milk: Cookies and Cream.
mm5.gif

This stuff tastes soooo good.

I got a free sample of Monster Milk with my ON variety pack. Anyone ever tried it? It's like ultra muscle milk for people like Ronnie Coleman.

I got some more crap from bb.com since they sent me a 10% off "come back!" coupon.

1 lb. of ON Orange Cream whey (I wish they had that flavor in all sizes)
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Higher Power creatine
and buy 2 get 1 free SAN Triple Strength Fish Fats fish oil capsules.

I hope I'm not allergic to the chondroitin and the rest of the joint stuff in the Orange Triad. Otherwise, TIME TO GET JACKED! :lol:

In recent weeks, I've cut most of the Supplements out of my diet. I'm still taking the NovedexXT from Gaspari, as well as the Superpump250 (gaspari Again). I'll cycle off the Novedex in a week or so, but the Superpump 250 really charges me up for a good workout.

I mix it with my afternoon shake, prior to the Gym. Afternoon shake is Protoplex MRP. Suprisingly, the Blue Berry flavor of the Superpump mixed with the Chocolate MRP is really good.

For my Morning Shake, I've been mixing the Protoplex with Coffee. Nice flavor, small kick to go.

Just started my creatine load with the Higher Power stuff. My god, is all creatine this grainy? It's just regular ol' micronized creatine, but I thought it would be easier to mix than it is.

edit: Back from my workout and tried out ON's Banana Cream flavor for my whey shake. OH MY GOD, it's good. Tied with Orange Cream for the lead, but it has a sweeter, creamier flavor. Brought back memories of this pink, delicious medicine I would take when I was sick as a kid. Then the banana comes in and it's real good. Of all of the flavors, this one had no bite/aftertaste at all. The orange cream works well with the bite, but the banana cream seems to be devoid of it in the first place. It's also the first one I made in a shaker bottle, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
Time to bump.

1. Orange Cream
2. Double Rich Chocolate
3. Strawberry
-. Cookies & Cream

A dozen flavors to go.

Update:

Tried the Caramel Toffee Fudge... not so good. But then again I had it with water so maybe milk would've been better. Rocky Road just tastes like the chocolate and toffee fudge mixed together.

1. Orange Cream
-. Banana Cream
3. Double Rich Chocolate
4. Rocky Road
5. Strawberry
-. Cookies & Cream
6. Caramel Toffee Fudge

I didn't know I had entered a "Analyze the taste of your supplements and rank them in following order" thread :lol:

How about telling us they actually work? :P

Does anyone else here use creatine? Does it completely kill you're alcohol tolerance?

I've gone from being able to drink most a 70Cl bottle of scotch whiskey to being pissed on 4 cans of red-stripe!

I didn't know I had entered a "Analyze the taste of your supplements and rank them in following order" thread :lol:

How about telling us they actually work? :P

It's just a protein shake. I'd rather find the one that tastes best.

Does anyone else here use creatine? Does it completely kill you're alcohol tolerance?

I've gone from being able to drink most a 70Cl bottle of scotch whiskey to being pissed on 4 cans of red-stripe!

Well, I never noticed that when taking it. Then again, creatine didn't do squat for me anyway (several different brands).

BTW, since I'm cutting, and thus off the alcohol completely, I suspect my alcohol tolerance is down the drain. But I'm not going to test just how far. ;)

As far as supplements go, I stick to whey; the brand I'm using is also supplemented with BCAAs. And I take multivitamins every other day while cutting. Other than that, nothing (besides a proper diet).

I did think of getting a fatburner, but after doing some reading up, I decided not to. Most of today's fatburners are caffein based, and in quantities that are not even thermogenic. They do give you jitters, lack of concentration and possibly not being able to sleep. So, basically, you get the bad stuff and none of the good stuff. So if it's basically just a caffein boost, I'll stick to a pint of espresso instead. ;) A lot cheaper too. :)

Back in 2002, I did use fatburners that actually worked, but those became illegal in 2003 (ephedra-based). But man, that stuff cut fat like crazy!

Update:

Tried the Caramel Toffee Fudge... not so good. But then again I had it with water so maybe milk would've been better. Rocky Road just tastes like the chocolate and toffee fudge mixed together.

1. Orange Cream
-. Banana Cream
3. Double Rich Chocolate
4. Rocky Road
5. Strawberry
-. Cookies & Cream
6. Caramel Toffee Fudge
My order of their "Cake Batter" flavor came in yesteday. Tried it out last night, and its good, but not as good as my favorite. Caramel Toffee Fudge. The Carb/Protein/fat ratio is a bit better with the Cake Batter, but I prefer the flavor of the CTF.

I have tried the Rocky Road flavor and thought it tasted horrible. I drink my ON whey two ways, with Water or Coffee. The CTF mixes very good with the coffee.

I guess this means that everyone likes a slightly different flavor.

As for Supplements, I never finished the Novedex, and long ago gave up on the Superpump. 8Oz of Cold coffee with a little bit of Anger makes for a great workout. At this time, the only supplements I take, are the Protein Mix and Glutamine. 10 MG of Glutamine with every protein shake. Other than that, a Multi-vitamin in the morning and evening.

I used to take fishoil and multivitamins but I figured out they didn't do anything and were basically a waste of money. I only stick to protein now. I've yet to try out vanilla, but between strawberry and chocolate, the chocolate one came out on top.

where do you guys order ON whey from? I am about to start hitting the gym again on a consistent basis, and I dont want my body to break apart on me.

Sofar I've been taking, vitamin c, b-complex, and l-glutamin. and thats about it ATM.

My order of their "Cake Batter" flavor came in yesteday. Tried it out last night, and its good, but not as good as my favorite. Caramel Toffee Fudge. The Carb/Protein/fat ratio is a bit better with the Cake Batter, but I prefer the flavor of the CTF.

I have tried the Rocky Road flavor and thought it tasted horrible. I drink my ON whey two ways, with Water or Coffee. The CTF mixes very good with the coffee.

I guess this means that everyone likes a slightly different flavor.

Nah, I think it was just the water. But I'm still not sure I would buy it in a big tub. In fact, the only ones I would get so far would be Orange and Banana Cream. And as a bonus, they'd probably make the best smoothie bases too.

Rocky Road certainly wasn't anything to write home about. All of these chocolate varieties taste so similar. The Rocky Road just had like a dash of nutty flavor or something thrown in, which is why I suggested that it's just a two-in-one kind of deal.

where do you guys order ON whey from? I am about to start hitting the gym again on a consistent basis, and I dont want my body to break apart on me.

I got it from bodybuilding.com's store. They send you "come back" coupons in the mail if you don't buy anything for a while. Otherwise I guess just look for deals on LogicBuy or something. Oh and I think BB has an exclusive deal for the flavor variety pack.

Anyone know why protein bars are so damn expensive? They're atleat 50%-100% more expensive than a comparable chocolate bar.

Does anyone know a simple recipe to make my own?

As for Supplements, I never finished the Novedex, and long ago gave up on the Superpump.
They were no good?

Anyone know why protein bars are so damn expensive? They're atleat 50%-100% more expensive than a comparable chocolate bar.

Does anyone know a simple recipe to make my own?
I think they just stick whey in it, so that's probably a good way to start. (or not, I'm a horrible cook anyway :P)

Personally, I never bothered with protein bars. At work, I have proper food with me that I prepared the evening before. And at home, I have a pile of whey at arms reach (and plenty of tuna steaks, salmon filets, smoked horse meat, eggs, etc.)...

The Super Pump did a fine job, but I got just as good results from 8oz of cold coffee. The Novedex, did nothing for me.

And yes, I order from Bodybuilding.com as well. If I order on Monday before 2pm, I have it Wednesday Morning at 10am. and they deliver on Saturdays as well. I've ordered early Thursday Morning, and had it on my doorstep before 9am on Saturday.

http://www.mensjournal.com/superjuices-on-trial

http://www.vemmapride.com/

Vemma-SupplementFacts-Copy.jpg

vemma-your-body-sponge-Copy.jpg

Personally, I use it, my dad uses it and my step mom. My grandmother also drinks it and my uncle and two cousins are about to drink it. My step-mother has spent the last few years out of work on dis-ability with some serious dietary illnesses. Since she's gone on Vemma, she's gotten color in her skin, she's bored because she's waking up earlier and going to bed later and not knowing what to do with the extra hours. Since I've gone on it, I've noticed that I feel less-groggy. That sheet you get covering your eyes when you wake up is gone. I have more energy in the day even though I don't regularly work out. My cousin and my uncle are both going to begin to use Vemma to supplement their workouts as both are triathlon athletes, with my other cousin interested in giving it to his Grandmother to help with her illness (she has cancer, can't remember exactly which type I don't see him often).

Vemma is literally proven to lower cholesterol by 20 points, as well as lower blood pressure and is endorsed by Dr. Oz (Oprah's go-to guy with medical advice). It's also the official drink of the Phoenix Suns, made so after the owner tried it out, saw the benefits and ousted Red Bull in favor of the Vemma-Verve brand energy drink.

And since you guys are mentioning using the multi-vitamin in relation to working out, I would seriously recomment thirst. You get everything you would in Vemma, and your re-hydrating drink. It'll also do more for your body than Vitamin Water, Gatorade or Powerade will ever do.

Dymatize - http://www.dymatize.com/index.php?su...&view=products

* Elite Protein
* Creatine
* BCAA
* Glut-amine

Trying some different supplements this summer. Normally I buy off of BB.com, but I was out and got some off the shelf at the gym. I will say that this protein is easier on my guts, less gas. This makes my household very, very happy. :)

The only thing I take is protein. I have tried different protein shakes and you wouldnt believe some of the best stuff I found has been at Walmart and its on sale for about $12.00 for 2lbs and tastes like a milkshake. No gas and no bloating at all. 52grams per serving which is 2 scoops. Its also good in water.

I have 2 scoops with milk for my 9:00 morning snack. Then I have another 2 scoops with milk for my post workout meal.

Body Fortress Protein $14.00 for 2lbs ($12.00 on sale)
b146156039.jpg

Last edited:
Back