What supplements do you use?

• Thread starter Dougboy
  • 73 comments
^You know exactly what I mean. I take 2 scoops of this for my morning snack and 2 scoops again for my post workout meal. I dont take any other "separate" products or suppliments.
This is the ONLY thing I buy and it usually lasts me a couple weeks.

b146156039.jpg

Well technically anything you take has a lot of different ingredients. I am sure none of us want the entire list of ingredients. lol

I've been selective on my supplements. Currenlty, I'm using EAS protein. I get the 5lb bag from BJ's Wholesale club for $28. I've not found a better deal yet.

I also take Glutamine (ON) bought from BB.com.

Other than that, I'm eating just piles of good food.

I just bought my first ever gallon of skim milk. I've never had skim before. :lol:

It makes the protein shakes taste so much better. I think that funky taste must have been worsened by the milk fat in the whole milk. Also, less gas.

I tasted the Mocha cappucino flavor pack (whatever it is... coffee mocha... something) from ON. It was really good! It was my favorite of the bean-flavored shakes so far (meaning chocolate, vanilla, coffee, etc.)

So now Orange Cream sits atop the throne with Mocha at its side.

How do you get rid of all the foam that gets created when you shake up skim milk?

Also, had the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor tonight. Gross. Wasn't expecting much since almost all vanilla-flavored protein shakes are awful. At least it was the most neutral vanilla flavor.

How do you get rid of all the foam that gets created when you shake up skim milk?

Also, had the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor tonight. Gross. Wasn't expecting much since almost all vanilla-flavored protein shakes are awful. At least it was the most neutral vanilla flavor.
I use 2% milk and I can shake the heck out of it with no foam. Maybe your skim milk creates more foam. If you are trying to bulk I would go with at least 2% milk instead of skim milk.
As I stated above I use Body Fortress protein and honestly its the best protein I have ever had especially for the price. Tasts incredible, mixes very well and is only $12.00 for 2 lbs on sale.

From my experience the amount of foam depends on the protein powder.

Rainbow Light Complete B-Complex

41e0hcrpsglaa300pibundl.jpg

Designer Whey strawberry protein powder - It has a pretty low 18g of protein per scoop. The taste is not bad, but it's not very good either. I only tried it with milk, but I use more than the 5-6 oz recommended. It tastes like fat-free strawberry ice cream sweetened with sweetener. If you add a bit of sugar, it kind of tastes like strawberry cream candy. There's a lot of foam if you shake it up, but it stirs decently.

41fk1iv72glaa3001.jpg

Dymatize Elite Gourmet(whey/casein blend) Cookies n Cream - Moderate 21g of protein per scoop. The price is great. It tastes delicious even with the small clumps after stirring. The sweetener isn't anywhere near as apparent as the Designer Whey shake. It tastes pretty much like sugar, and it's pretty sweet.

20602211.jpg

Last edited:
Just tried stawberry banana. Tasted just like this medicine I once took as a kid. I loved that flavor and remember feeling bad when I got well because I had used it all up and didn't need to take it anymore. Glad to know the flavor exists today as a protein shake.

Back