• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 94 comments

I'll be playing Horizon 3 on...

• Total voters

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
As you may already know, Forza is not a console-exclusive franchise anymore and Horizon 3 marks the beginning of that. FH3 will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 for PC. There's an incentive to this too: if you purchase the digital version of the game on one system, you will also get it for the other system. Meaning, you will not have to buy two copies of Horizon 3 if you want to play on Xbox and PC.

So, what system will you be playing on? Do you already own an Xbox and have no plans for a PC? Or are you part of the "PC master race"? Maybe you'll be playing on both, who knows!

Not sure but to start with, I'm definitely more excited to finally play a Forza game than the upcoming GTSport.
My problem dpends on whatever going cheap and buy an Xbox to play older forza as well the upcoming one or invest 4X the price and get a PC but in exchange I won't be able to try FH2 or FM6 (Apex isn't the true FM6 IMO).

Also since there's no were to find the special edition of pre orders and amazon wouldn't ship here. I will go digital so maybe both, who knows?

But I gotta vote XB1 since it's more likely.

Last edited:
The Bone. Just bought a new Mac, there's no way I'll be joining the PC ranks for at least a few years.

The Bone. Just bought a new Mac, there's no way I'll be joining the PC ranks for at least a few years.
Won't they let you run the game in a Windows virtual machine? I thought Mac OS had those.

Xbox, but maaaaaybe PC for livery werks.

If you're holding out hope for an import feature, don't hold your breath. Either Dan or Ralph confirmed that wouldn't happen on PC, though there may be some slight changes to make the existing system more mouse-friendly. Something about how they like that the current focus is on a certain type of skill in regards to livery creation.

Won't they let you run the game in a Windows virtual machine? I thought Mac OS had those.

I imagine that'd be pretty inefficient, and I doubt the Intel Iris Pro 6200 could really handle the game at much more than what the One is capable of, if at all. Plus I'd have to fiddle around with any accessories.

I'm not sure at the moment. I definitely am looking to get an XBone S sometime this year, but if they can get some sort of wheel support going on the PC version then it will probably be that one anyway.

I wonder if anyone else on GTP is in a position similar to mine. I didn't have an XBone already, the fact that Forza is no longer an Xbox exclusive means the Xbox brand is dead to me, but it'll probably be years before I own a computer that could run the games. I'd love to play FH3 if I already had a platform for it, but it isn't enough to prod me to invest in new hardware of either kind.

FH1 is my #2 racing game of all time, but I'm not happy with either version of FH2, and FH3 looks to continue in the trajectory of its immediate predecessor.

PC, as I don't have an Xbox One or a compliant wheel for one.

I am looking forward to collecting and tuning up cars like I used to in GT6, and running with you guys.

XBox/Microsoft: Nukedogger

I think I will be happy to buy a Windows 10 for this game if not I will wait for Xbox price drop and sell my PS3 because it just collects dust.

PC, as I prefer 60fps and 21:9 resolution. Glad, we can play together, even at a different platforms.

I doubt the Intel Iris Pro 6200 could really handle the game
in best-case scenario it can handle stable 30fps with low settings

If you're holding out hope for an import feature, don't hold your breath.

Hah, but I already have my own important feature, which is window overlays. Surely beats eyeballing it or coming up with elaborated reference grids that take more time to prepare than the actual layer group. Right now it's a bit of a rocky road, as you have to stream your Xbox, and unless you're running wired connections to your router, good luck with that! And yet despite that, GhostIt and the W10 Xbox app saved my day on more than a few logos.

(Of course, I am still hoping they will allow us to choose different materials for layer groups. But I don't see that happening, and if it will, it won't be a PC-only thing fer darn sure).

Eh, even if it does let you have a Windows VM, I wouldn't bother playing a game like Forza on since it probably wouldn't run amazingly.
It's funny, while in real life people are always telling me how Macs do everything PCs do but better, I dont think I'll ever get a Mac as a main computer unless I give up Forza which is unlikely.

PC, havent got an xbox and havent ever played a forza (besides the apex beta thing), so it'll be a new experience

Back