What system will you be playing FH3 on?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 94 comments

I'll be playing Horizon 3 on...

• Total voters
So, my 5 cents about PC build for Forza Horizon 3.
First of all my current build:
Cooler Master Advanced 690 II
MSI B85 g43 - best B85 MB
i5 4460 - cheapest i5 at the market, best perf/$
8Gb DDR3 1600(temporary) x2 8Gb DDR3 1600
Deepcool DA650 650W
GTX 780(temporary) - RX480 8Gb(reference or MSI Gaming X)
Seagate barracuda 1Tb
Monitor - LG 29UM68-P(21:9 1080p) - cheapest 21:9 29" with freesync

Few options:
Case - Deepcool Tesseract or Zalman Z9. Cheap cases with nice ergonomic and airflow.
Motherboard + CPU - ATX B150(H150) Motherboard + i5 6500 or ATX Z170 MB + i5 6600K. 6500 is slightly faster and costs slightly more, 6600K is more suitable for high-end PCs with GTX1070/Fury/GTX1080
RAM - 16Gb DDR4 for i5 6***
PSU - any 80+ bronze+ 650w PSU at the market.
V-card - Tough question. For 16:9 1080p - RX 470 4Gb, RX480 4/8Gb or GTX 1060 6Gb. For 21:9 1080р RX480 8Gb or GTX1060. For 16:9 1440p - GTX 1070 or Fury/Fury Nano. For 21:9 1440p - GTX 1080 or GTX Titan X(Pascale). Nvidia or AMD? Take AMD if you have freesync monitor and Nvidia if you have G-sync. In other cases its matter of price, shadowplay and personal preferences. Few models that i can recomend - MSI Gaming X RX480, Sapffire Nitro+ RX 470, Palit Dual/Jetstream GTX 1060, Palit Jetstream GTX1070/1080.

Xbox One wholly because the only computers I have in my house are either

A) 20 years old
or
B) underpowered laptops

Finally managed to download FM6:APEX on my PC and my GTX1070 runs it great at 4K60FPS. Now I am really looking forward to FM3 on PC. Though it will be a looong download through the crap internet connection I have to deal with right now.

Mainly Xbox one because I like sitting on the couch with a big tv

That is why I have a 50 inch 4K TV right next to my desk. 4K PC gaming glory on a 50 inch display, XBoxOne Elite controller, nice comfy chair. Though if FM3 supports my old DFGT wheel then it would be my first time using a wheel in Forza as I never had an xbox compatible wheel.

Last edited:
If I get it (which I probably will), it'll definitely be on XB1. No way in hell would my PC be able to run FH3, even if it had Win10.

Finally managed to download FM6:APEX on my PC and my GTX1070 runs it great at 4K60FPS. Now I am really looking forward to FM3 on PC. Though it will be a looong download through the crap internet connection I have to deal with right now.

That is why I have a 50 inch 4K TV right next to my desk. 4K PC gaming glory on a 50 inch display, XBoxOne Elite controller, nice comfy chair. Though if FM3 supports my old DFGT wheel then it would be my first time using a wheel in Forza as I never had an xbox compatible wheel.

i dont want to know the responsetime of that tv

Not as bad as you might think depending on what it is.

I'm going to be playing on both personally, thankfully your saves and online are the same on both.

It is a Vizio with a dedicated Low Latency Gaming Mode, So it is not bad at all. I do notice a massive difference in response time with the Gaming Mode turned off. But with Gaming Mode on it is fast enough That I have been playing FM6:APEX in 4k60fps just fine.

I'll be playing it on PC. I hope it will have better dynamics for controllers than Forza Apex. If it drives like the previous Horizons it'll be a great.

I'm on Windows 7 now, and TBH I'm a bit hesitant to update to Windows 10. But provided there will be wheel support I will upgrade and get the game. Happy that the franchise is coming to PC so that I get a change to try it finally. :)

I'm on Windows 7 now, and TBH I'm a bit hesitant to update to Windows 10. But provided there will be wheel support I will upgrade and get the game. Happy that the franchise is coming to PC so that I get a change to try it finally. :)

Well, now is too late to update for free. I ended at the end of July. So you'll have to pay or somehow get a copy of one.
As for me, I've made a dual boot win7 (main) and win10 (only for Forza). That way i have no problems.

Well, now is too late to update for free.
Microsoft hasn't yet closed the door all the way for those in search of a Windows 10 freebie.

You can still get your hands on a no-cost upgrade to Windows 10 by turning to a page for people who use assistive technologies.

Windows 10 had been a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8.1 users. But that deal ended Friday, at least for most people.

You qualify for the free upgrade if you use assistive technologies, which include such features as a magnifier to better see the screen, a narrator to read text aloud, keyboard shortcuts and an on-screen keyboard. Such tech is "designed to provide additional accessibility to individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities," according to Microsoft.

Hmmm okay. Seems kinda dumb imo. I mean, first, they had 365 days to update, or to ask someone what this update thingy was, and anyone can just turn on the on screen keyboard just for the update... >.>
But oh well. I guess it means more time for other people.

There are plenty of valid reasons to wait with updating to a new OS:
- Bugs, stability and general teething problems
- Peripherals compatibility
- Game compatibility
- Software compatibility
- Having an OS (Win 7) that works perfectly fine :)

Anyone knows if the game will have steering wheel support on PC?
They did have A wheel setup on the PC version at their E3 reveal. So, Yes Wheel support confirmed. I just hope my old DFGT is supported. I don't feel like getting a new wheel unless I can find one that supports PS4, XBOne, and PC.

One that supports all will never happen because the controller functions are different between consoles unfortunately. But yeah. Having to buy a new one would definitely suck...

As much as I love racing games I'm not going to buy a new wheel to play FH3. Just as I'm not going to buy a PS4 to play GT Sport. But that's me. :)
Have a T500 that works fine in AC, R3E, PCars and AMS. But I hope FH3 will support it too.

Not much of a PC gaming person and I don't have much money for a good PC so I will be playing on Xbox One.

PC, not sure how my PC will be able to run it (i5 3470 and 280x) but i'm betting it will be acceptable at the very least. Beats buying an Xbox One atleast.

Back