What system will you be playing FH3 on?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 94 comments

I'll be playing Horizon 3 on...

• Total voters
Won't it be 60fps on the XBone as well?
Horizon games have always ran at 30fps, and all footage of Horizon 3 so far has been 30fps, even PC footage for parity reasons I guess (which is dumb).

They have confirmed framerate and resolution are fully unlocked in the final PC release.

@Thomas2012

Apparently, here are the minimum requirements as listed on the windows store:

CPU: i5 3570
GPU: GT740 or R7 250X
Vram: 2GB
Ram: 8GB

Although that's for the lowest settings probably, I think it looks pretty well optimized.
If it runs anywhere near how Apex did on my pc I shouldn't have any problems with my 960 4Gb.

Recommended:
CPU: i7 3820 @ 3.6GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 or NVIDIA GTX 1060 AMD R9 290X or AMD RX 480
VRAM: 4GB
RAM: 12GB
Hard Drive Type: HDD
Available Space: 55 GB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Windows Version: Windows Anniversary Edition 64-bit 14393.101

I'll try it on PC, but I'm afraid it will kill my system. Might have to get a liquid cooler. I might just stream it to my PC from my Xbox One.

@Thomas2012

Apparently, here are the minimum requirements as listed on the windows store:

CPU: i5 3570
GPU: GT740 or R7 250X
Vram: 2GB
Ram: 8GB

Although that's for the lowest settings probably, I think it looks pretty well optimized.
If it runs anywhere near how Apex did on my pc I shouldn't have any problems with my 960 4Gb.

Recommended:
CPU: i7 3820 @ 3.6GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 or NVIDIA GTX 1060 AMD R9 290X or AMD RX 480
VRAM: 4GB
RAM: 12GB
Hard Drive Type: HDD
Available Space: 55 GB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Windows Version: Windows Anniversary Edition 64-bit 14393.101

Oh alright, hearing those minimum is good even though I sort of meet the recommend. Thanks for that! 👍
My current specs are:
Intel i5 6500
Gigabyte GTX 1060
16gb Ram

My PC will have an i7 6700K, a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming and 16GB of DDR4-3000 RAM. If that isn't enough to run it at Very High/Ultra settings I don't know what will.

Probably PC. I cant handle 30 fps again so I'll probably get it all on PC. Once you go black you cant go back.

FHD 60 fps is pretty much the std. and PC is pretty much the only way.

My PC will have an i7 6700K, a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming and 16GB of DDR4-3000 RAM. If that isn't enough to run it at Very High/Ultra settings I don't know what will.
With that card you're probably going to want to play on QHD, right? I cant wait for the benchmarks.

I'll be playing on XB1 as I don't have the money to build a PC right now (and it's a long way down on the "want" list).

I'm just happy they're finally releasing it on PC as well since hopefully that will keep it active longer.

With that card you're probably going to want to play on QHD, right? I cant wait for the benchmarks.

Exactly. My build was made to play in 1440p/QHD with maxed out settings. I have built my PC a few days ago, now all I need is a Windows 10 copy so I can finally preload the game.

Exactly. My build was made to play in 1440p/QHD with maxed out settings. I have built my PC a few days ago, now all I need is a Windows 10 copy so I can finally preload the game.

You can download the iso directly from the microsoft website.

Nice. I also wonder how the card will perform at 3440x1440. I'm pretty certain it was mentioned that this game supports 21:9 although I can't remember where I read that exactly.

Last edited:
Nice. I also wonder how the card will perform at 3440x1440. I'm pretty certain it was mentioned that this game supports 21:9 although I can't remember where I read that exactly.
A GTX1070 should handle that resolution pretty well. I have an MSI GTX1070 and FM6:Apex runs just fine at 3840x2160. even on ultra settings in the rain at the Top Gear track with 16 cars I was averaging 80fps with cockpit, hood, and bumper cam. Chase cam caused some drops to around 50.

My vital PC stats are:

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz
16 GB RAM 1600MHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5

I'm aiming for 1080p and 60 fps. Do you think I can do it?

My vital PC stats are:

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz
16 GB RAM 1600MHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5

I'm aiming for 1080p and 60 fps. Do you think I can do it?
You should be good for 1080P60FPS. I have the similar specs but with a GTX1070 and some overclocking to my CPU and Ram, FM6:APEX runs great at 4K.

As you may already know, Forza is not a console-exclusive franchise anymore and Horizon 3 marks the beginning of that. FH3 will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 for PC. There's an incentive to this too: if you purchase the digital version of the game on one system, you will also get it for the other system. Meaning, you will not have to buy two copies of Horizon 3 if you want to play on Xbox and PC.

So, what system will you be playing on? Do you already own an Xbox and have no plans for a PC? Or are you part of the "PC master race"? Maybe you'll be playing on both, who knows!

Hi Ameer67, Can you explain why getting a 'digital' version has any advantage over a regular CD version, any edition. I mean you can stream to a PC from the XB1, so is it because you will get far better results (rez etc. etc.) with an actual copy for the PC? Are the copies any different? If the demo was the only game info that will be downloadable to a PC , then I can see the advantage. Can you please clarify what I have so poorly set out and thank you for any advice you can offer.

Cheers . . . . str8shtr

Hi Ameer67, Can you explain why getting a 'digital' version has any advantage over a regular CD version, any edition. I mean you can stream to a PC from the XB1, so is it because you will get far better results (rez etc. etc.) with an actual copy for the PC? Are the copies any different? If the demo was the only game info that will be downloadable to a PC , then I can see the advantage. Can you please clarify what I have so poorly set out and thank you for any advice you can offer.

Cheers . . . . str8shtr
Well, first of all, FH3 for PC does NOT seem like it will offer a physical version (like most PC games nowadays) so digital is the only way to go anyways. Plus, if you purchase it from the Xbox Store, you will receive the download for the PC AND the Xbox One.

Second question, "Why get the PC version when you can already stream it from the Xbox?" The streaming feature of Windows 10 seems like a neat idea, for sure, but I have not tried it yet. There are some drawbacks I can see though: your internet is not stable/slow, streaming quality is not the best, your PC can barely handle it, or you're away from the Xbox (the PC and XB1 have to be on the same network to stream). If you end up getting the full-fledged PC version, you won't have to worry about those things (other than the weak PC part).

If what they are saying is true, then the games are basically carbon copies of each other. All races are the same, same cars, etc. If you are on Xbox, you can even play with people on PC and vice versa. So in the end, it's all up to you. If you know your computer isn't amazing, go for the Xbox version. Like I was saying above, when you buy the game off the Xbox Store, you get it for the PC and Xbox so there is nothing to lose.

Hope I was helpful.

Latest Posts

Back