What system will you be playing FH3 on?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 94 comments

I'll be playing Horizon 3 on...

• Total voters
Well, first of all, FH3 for PC does NOT seem like it will offer a physical version (like most PC games nowadays) so digital is the only way to go anyways. Plus, if you purchase it from the Xbox Store, you will receive the download for the PC AND the Xbox One.

Second question, "Why get the PC version when you can already stream it from the Xbox?" The streaming feature of Windows 10 seems like a neat idea, for sure, but I have not tried it yet. There are some drawbacks I can see though: your internet is not stable/slow, streaming quality is not the best, your PC can barely handle it, or you're away from the Xbox (the PC and XB1 have to be on the same network to stream). If you end up getting the full-fledged PC version, you won't have to worry about those things (other than the weak PC part).

If what they are saying is true, then the games are basically carbon copies of each other. All races are the same, same cars, etc. If you are on Xbox, you can even play with people on PC and vice versa. So in the end, it's all up to you. If you know your computer isn't amazing, go for the Xbox version. Like I was saying above, when you buy the game off the Xbox Store, you get it for the PC and Xbox so there is nothing to lose.

Hope I was helpful.

Thanks Ameer67,

You have been very helpful and thank you for the clarification. Given all the issues being posted on the FMH 3 support forum, I'd say it will be a while before they straighten things out. The PC version is a complete fail at this point with many unable to even load the game without crashing to desktop and others crashing because of the Playground Games Logo! Others posting crashes in game and others not receiving VIP swag and cars on PC but all fine on console. A fine mess with outrage being the flavour of the day. I imagine they will get it all straight - eventually. Oh well . . . .

Cheers and once again thank you . . . . . str8shtr

I may not be getting it for some time. Went to the store to purchase last night and the AU prices are ridiculous. $100AU for the standard edition and $140AU for the ultimate.

Technically these are standard game prices in Australia, but very few people pay them because there are numerous places to buy cheaper. Someone always has a sale or a cheap imported bunch for physical discs, and Steam/GOG/etc are rarely full price either (and they just have prices converted from US).

The MS store disables all that, it's a monopoly on the products it has. Which is fine if that's what they want to do, but $100 is too much for a game. I hope it comes out on Steam like RoTTR did so I can get it for a reasonable price.

I'm tempted to try buying it as an X1 download code from the US store (~$80AU after conversion and with a $10US bonus voucher) and using that to get a Windows download through crossplay, but we'll see.

My PC will have an i7 6700K, a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming and 16GB of DDR4-3000 RAM. If that isn't enough to run it at Very High/Ultra settings I don't know what will.
Well, Windows 10 gaming (especially for Microsoft titles ironically) is a crock. You are not running XBone games on the PC but rather in the closed XBone components of the OS.

My PC is like your except for the GTX1080 video card and solid state drives all round - can play Assetto Corsa and other PC games at 4K resolution - - even to live recordings with the Nvidia game share at 60fps while playing 4K Assetto Cora with full grid and all details cranked.

But when I fire up Apex it slows and glitches and when I try fire up the Windows 10 gaming recorder a Windows 10 message pops up "Your PC is not powerful enough to run this feature"

Sorry to say all this expectation that PC and XBone in one is a miracle is unhealthy - it is just a disaster - I am sorry I even tried mixing the 2 worlds - my FH3 early order is working well on XBone, won't even let me fire it up on the PC. I believe the only reason MS is posing this is to keep gaming on the PC cars closed and locked down as on the XBone.

There are just certain genres that belong on the console :)

its unfortunate that you are having problems (anniversary installed?) doing live recordings at 60hz at 4k.
well, you can always use assetto corsa. forget them turn10/playground games. console games anyway.

(yes, I cant understand some people at all. but are you any serious?)

edit
I hope it comes out on Steam like RoTTR did so I can get it for a reasonable price.
well... about that.... I wouldn't wait on it happening. at all.

it will get discounted on xbox/win store at some point,(horizon2/fm6 got up to 50% on sales) just like in your favorite marketplace.
but that wont be day1 for sure.

Here is something interesting though:
There's cheaper store than the US one. Not sure if we can discuss it here so I'll leave it at that.
XBOX POLICY is that console is REGION FREE.
There is absolutely nothing wrong or illegal as long as you have a valid (and legal) paying method, subject being either disc or digital.

Last edited:
Back