• Thread starter AdamA998
  • 118 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamA998

(Banned)
United States
United States
Did Daily race C today for Gr.3, wanted to see how the new SR system has been. Didn't get a single penalty in first 7 laps so it felt pretty similar. Then as we approach pits, just watch for yourself what happens:

I don't see how he could run out of fuel, everyone had plenty of fuel left shifting late and using power level 1. If we assume he ran out of fuel, why does his car slow down so quickly? It ended up ruining my race, I quit the race after this. Was doing fine before it, started at 12th I believe.

Did Daily race C today for Gr.3, wanted to see how the new SR system has been. Didn't get a single penalty in first 7 laps so it felt pretty similar. Then as we approach pits, just watch for yourself what happens:

I don't see how he could run out of fuel, everyone had plenty of fuel left shifting late and using power level 1. If we assume he ran out of fuel, why does his car slow down so quickly? It ended up ruining my race, I quit the race after this. Was doing fine before it, started at 12th I believe.

+1

You could've just braked and went in behind him...

In real time it seemed like I had space. It's his fault though, that's not acceptable. No one was expecting someone to block the pit like that.

What the hell was this guy doing!?

I don't see how he could run out of fuel, everyone had plenty of fuel left shifting late and using power level 1. If we assume he ran out of fuel, why does his car slow down so quickly?
Did you watch him from his camera on the replay?

But that wouldn't have helped as you hit the wall. Walls don't ghost.

You're incredibly immature for a moderator, had his car ghosted prior hand I would've went straight through him. He's to blame and players should not block the pit lane while serving penalties.

I quit the race, didn't save the replay.
Pity, as that would have answered what he was doing.

Given the fact he's got a +5 second advantage the two cars behind right up until he enters the last corner, chances are he ran out of fuel in the final corner and you all caught him up as the car coasted down from 65mph to 50mph instead of accelerating.

You're incredibly immature for a moderator, had his car ghosted prior hand I would've went straight through him. He's to blame and players should not block the pit lane while serving penalties.
Your opinion on other people aside (as it's not relevant) you drove into the pit wall, not the back of your opponent.

Pity, as that would have answered what he was doing.

Given the fact he's got a +5 second advantage the two cars behind right up until he enters the last corner, chances are he ran out of fuel in the final corner and you all caught him up as the car coasted down from 65mph to 50mph instead of accelerating.

Your opinion on other people aside (as it's not relevant) you drove into the pit wall, not the back of your opponent.

Nah, his and your comments are immature. Circumstances would have been different had the car ghosted. And in real time things are moving fast. It appeared as if there were was space then gap closed and I wanted to avoid hitting him. He can't run out of fuel by beginning of 7th lap.

So anyone who wants to serve a penalty, don't do so by blocking the pit lane. It's not complicated.

Nah, his and your comments are immature.
How so? All I said was that you drove into the pit wall, not your opponent. I didn't start calling people names for doing so...
Circumstances would have been different had the car ghosted.
As they would have been had you looked further up the road. Your other two opponents had far less time to react, but hit neither him nor the wall.
He can't run out of fuel by beginning of 7th lap.
Why not? You'd have run out of fuel halfway through the 7th lap.

Of course had you saved the replay, you'd know. As it is, the answer to "what the hell was this guy doing" is "not paying attention to cars ahead of him and slamming into the end of the pit wall".

In racing you ALWAYS assume there is a slow or broken down car entering the pit lanes. That is where cars with issues that are still moving are trying to get to.

Having raced online on xbox and ps for many years.. yeah you can assume foul play most of the time, but if this guy was out of fuel then he was doing what is expected of him, going to get more fuel.

Snip *And no, he did not run out of fuel. I would have ran out of fuel I did another lap before pitting. Neither of us did and we both had fuel going into the pit.*
How can you be sure he didn't run out of fuel, different car/driver combinations have different fuel usages. If you look at that video when he enters the pits his fuel is on zero and he's not the only one. Maybe it couldn't be helped on his part?
U.png

How can you be sure he didn't run out of fuel, different car/driver combinations have different fuel usages. If you look at that video when he enters the pits his fuel is on zero and he's not the only one. Maybe it couldn't be helped on his part?
View attachment 718415

Good find, wish he had steered slightly left. That's what I would've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back