What they did with the chase cam?

• Thread starter EddyHawk
  • 8 comments
Mexico
Mexico
I putted the game after install the patch and the chase cam changed, is to far from the car now and whatever I move in settings it not changes the distance.

Official forum has something about this. I think it was due to popular demand. Not sure of the history. To be honest I don't know why the external camera is bit just fully adjustable in menus and with properly assigned hotkeys.

Sorry but I wonder who the hell actually drives motorsport simulation from chase cam? For Gran Theft Auto I can understand it but this...

You don't even drive your real car 10 metres behind and above your rear bumper! I can understand aesthetic reasons for chase cam with replays and joyriding, but for real racing no.

I don't want chase cam to get removed but it should be banned from online racing.

Imagine having an epic online race and you accidentally hit the camera button and it goes into chase cam and you get instantly kicked and banned.... Brutal lol

I drive with chase cam because I like to see the cars, I don't know what problem many find on that.
When the virtual reality goes cheap and much better I will buy a VR glasses and play with helmet cam, without the VR glasses I don't like the helmet cam because without them you can't look at what's on the sides.

I drive with chase cam because I like to see the cars, I don't know what problem many find on that.
When the virtual reality goes cheap and much better I will buy a VR glasses and play with helmet cam, without the VR glasses I don't like the helmet cam because without them you can't look at what's on the sides.
That’s what I use my Spotter for. Also the look left/right.

Sorry but I wonder who the hell actually drives motorsport simulation from chase cam? For Gran Theft Auto I can understand it but this...

You don't even drive your real car 10 metres behind and above your rear bumper! I can understand aesthetic reasons for chase cam with replays and joyriding, but for real racing no.

I don't want chase cam to get removed but it should be banned from online racing.
I know a couple of people who use chase cam because it's the only view which does not give them motion sickness.

I think some people in the sim-racing world often forget that it's all still a game. If player A prefers to play in chase-cam to get the most enjoyment of a game then so be it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Those folk can sneer all they like but honestly, who cares? Why does it make the slightest bit of difference to anybody if someone is racing online or offline in bumper, bonnet, cockpit, roof or chase cam? Let people play however they want to play and leave the purism at the door thankyouverymuch.

For the record, I play in cockpit cam with VR. Before I had VR, I played in cockpit cam too and although I have gently poked fun at a few members of our league, who race in bonnet or roof-cam, we all knew I was just pulling their leg and meant nothing. If they are more comfortable and feel they have a better understanding of the race around them, meaning they are safer on the track, then they're all good in my book :)

Latest Posts

Back