What time period do you drive most?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 41 comments
  • 1,662 views

Which era do you drive most?

  • 1886-1950

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1951-1960

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1961-1970

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 1971-1980

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 1981-1990

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • 1991-2000

    Votes: 18 25.0%
  • 2000 onwards

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I drive all sorts

    Votes: 33 45.8%

  • Total voters
    72

MagpieRacer

Moderator
Messages
19,458
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
Messages
Seagull_Racer
So, theres lots of cars in GT4, but what era of cars do you drive the most?

For me its 1990 onwards.
 
i drive every thing. and yes even those crappy american muscle cars :yuck:
 
I like 80's cars, Im really not sure why, but I do.
 
I drive all sorts, from minute to minute never know what I will end up driving next.
 
usealy drving most now 2000 onwards
 
Scaff will drive anything, so thats were my vote went.

Ta

Scaff
 
If its got wheels i will give it a go! I voted for all sorts!
 
Willing to give any car a drive.
 
I usually only drive the cars i like and that are beautiful, so almost only cars made after 2000
 
I went with all sorts.

I love driving the classics (1960's and 70's), but I love the 80's cars and the later models as well.

I drive the whole range regularly. :)
 
Master_Yoda
i drive every thing. and yes even those crappy american muscle cars :yuck:
lol! tell me, why are they so crappy?
 
PuTTe_TuTTe
lol! tell me, why are they so crappy?
i think they're 'crappy' because they don't handle good, they're nice to drive around on straights if that makes you feel better:)

i like to drive 1991-2000 cars
 
:rolleyes: im wondering in what time period the best cars were made
 
I try to drive every car in the game that I can get my hands on. Even if its only 1 lap around or 1/4 lap around the track. Or I at least get into it for a photoshoot.
 
appie17
:rolleyes: im wondering in what time period the best cars were made


There is no answer for that question because it depends on what your perception of "The Best" is. For instance, Todays formula 1 cars can be described as the best because the handle better and go faster and are safer too but to another person the F1 cars of past are better for other reasons. I for one love older F1 cars like the old renault RS10 where they exploited the regulations which allowed them to use 1.5 litre turbo charged engines rather than the 3 litre engines the rest of the field used! These F1 cars were putting out 1500bhp and thats a whopping 1000bhp per litre engine, most of todays fast car engines are putting out roughly 100 bhp per litre! Renault got laughed at lots during this period due to engine failure on an almost clockwork basis but when they perfected the turbocharged engine they left everything for dust and the RS10 became the first turbocharged F1 car to win a grand prix!!! Id say the old 80's cars were better because of the innovative and out of the box thinking that went into the designs, just look at the tyrrell P34 which had 4 front wheels and 2 rear.

As you can see the perception of "the best" is highly subjective and although such a thread would possibly make good reading but wouldnt actually answer your question and would probably end up as a flame war!
 
I'll drive anything really, but my favourite period by far is 91-00 - Easily the best selection of cars in the game, so that's where my vote goes :)
 
I love to drift around in the early 60's Honda convertibles. ie S800.
For some reason, the older, smaller convertible cars are my favorite cars to drive around, and drift in. Something about seeing this guy thats half the size of the car spin the wheel around as your drifting around the corner at full throttle turns me on. :dopey:
 
PuTTe_TuTTe
lol! tell me, why are they so crappy?
gas guzzlers, can't turn even if you put super-soft tires on it, they look like ****, there they size of SUV's they can og in a straight line, and thats basically it, to me there very very boring.
 
For some reason, I like to drive Japanese 80's ****boxes. Go figure. :crazy:
 
im a new model car kinda guy. i just want to go fast and handle good. no heritage in the car needed.
 
Master_Yoda
Your calling the Tureno a **** box????!!!

A good car can still be a POS.👍 Besides, I love my Trueno. I'm starting to drive more modern cars like the Subaru 22B and Lancer Evolution VIII, both very good AWD beasts IMO. 👍
 
Master_Yoda
gas guzzlers, can't turn even if you put super-soft tires on it, they look like ****, there they size of SUV's they can og in a straight line, and thats basically it, to me there very very boring.
In the game they don't use any more gas than anything else. Nothing from back then turns very well, try putting a tune on them. Also, appearance is subjective, I think most of them are beautiful. Much prettier than most cars of today. Does a car have to be small to be fun? Definitely not, I've driven plenty of large cars that are tons of fun (literally :D ). And they most certainly can turn, you just need to know how to tune them.

As for me, I love everything (as long as the rear wheels have power to them). New cars are definitely "better", but old cars have character, and in the unlimited world of GT4 they can be tuned to be faster than most new cars :)
 
Master_Yoda
gas guzzlers, can't turn even if you put super-soft tires on it, they look like ****, there they size of SUV's they can og in a straight line, and thats basically it, to me there very very boring.

ahh simple minded individal we have here those cars "were" racing back in the day not like todays racecars that just have a plastic body that looks similar to what its "supposed" to be i take it you've never heard of trans am racing the slow as you put it 65 mustang came in 4th overall at sebring 24 hrs race back in 67 or 68 behind 3 prototype porches that must be the sign of a crap car when comparing and old car to a new 1 sure handling is going to be worse but that can be fixed easily these days
 
JTSnooks
... Nothing from back then turns very well ...
Don't be stupid.

Nothing from America turns very well. European cars could (and still can) drive circles around American cars.

American cars have always been about outright power, and not much else. European cars tend to utilise less weight and cornering prowess. That's why, IMO, they'll always be better.
 
Master_Yoda
gas guzzlers, can't turn even if you put super-soft tires on it, they look like ****, there they size of SUV's they can og in a straight line, and thats basically it, to me there very very boring.
ferrari_chris
Don't be stupid.

Nothing from America turns very well. European cars could (and still can) drive circles around American cars.

American cars have always been about outright power, and not much else. European cars tend to utilise less weight and cornering prowess. That's why, IMO, they'll always be better.
Both comments are one sided, based on personal experience or belief, try to keep an open mind and be thankful we have vehicles at all.
 
Almost everyting. Some US muscle cars, old Japanese cars (like them a lot) and recent LMP and other race cars.. I don' t like recent stock cars.
 
Back