What to do during GT installs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 386 comments
  • 31,848 views

What to do during Installing GT5


  • Total voters
    861
I'm doing it now. Posting on the forums, watching TV, eating. :P

Long install for something that's actually on the disc.
 
Gonna watch tv and when I get tired of that, stare at the tv screen until install is done. :p
 
i have an idea..

open up the required ports on your router for online play?



randomly found this in the manual(ingame)
snatched a picture with my phone. i dont think many people bother to read the manual.. :)

incase the picture is deleted ect:

open up:

tcp 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 5658
 
the 40min install for GT5 gives me the perfect opportunity to organize my Mattel Barbie doll clothes by color and type!
:dopey:
 
Once I receive my copy and start installing, I shall stare at my newly obtained GT5 edition 1/43 Nissan GT-R... along with my recently obtained 1/18 Lancia Delta Evo 2... Yeah, I like to stare at model cars while waiting for things <__<
 
Fitted my new oversize flappy paddles, cheers chilicoke!!
 
Shout at the TV "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, HURRY UP"
 
I will probably fling it in and then sit in front of the screen like Cartman:Come on come on! Haha :)
 
I'm on my way the best buy to get my CE so as wait for the install I'll be replacing the kitchen faucet.💡
 
The install took about 36 minutes for me, played about 10 hours yesterday!
 
I rubbed it in friends' faces, then ate, now I'm staring at the TV like a mental... Doing adult things :)
 
This has got to be the longest "20 mins" ever!!!
 
This has got to be the longest "20 mins" ever!!!

Aint that the truth.. 75% trough my install and im sitting ready with g25, racing shoes and enough refreshments to last for a week haha :scared:
 
-> Continue my Vehicle Wish List. :P
 
I'm currently on the longest 50seconds ever...I think its been displaying that for the last 15 min
 
Mine is installing right now. Currently I have browsed through the Apex book, bragged to my friends, and now I am checking to see what you all are taking about here at GTPlanet as this is the biggest day in GT history since the release of GT4!
 
I guess I might as well order a pizza for lunch, I know I am not going anywhere until I work this evening
 
I'm currently on the longest 50seconds ever...I think its been displaying that for the last 15 min
I'm now at 40 secs remaining, been showing that for 5 minutes :crazy:, but at least i see the HDD light blinking away 👍
 
Installing nowwwww..... 15min remaining. Not sure how accurate that is though.

I'm just reading some of the reviews.
 
This install is killing me. I think I'm going to go run a marathon and come back. It will probably still be installing when I come back lol.
 
This install is killing me. I think I'm going to go run a marathon and come back. It will probably still be installing when I come back lol.

Mine feels like it's going pretty fast eventhough it's been 30min..

Man I hope this game is awesome :nervous:
 
Mine feels like it's going pretty fast eventhough it's been 30min..

Man I hope this game is awesome :nervous:

It's been about a half an hour for me too. I've got to upload my GT3 tracks to my HDD still.
 
Now showing "3 secs remaining"... maybe by secs they mean hours? Although if this shortens what's being purported as "lengthy" load times, then a little pain now will be worth it in the long run ;)
 
This won't go over well here but most likely playing Forza :o
 
Come here and make a: What to do during GT installs? Thread :D
 
my GT5 collector's edition took to install exactly 30 minutes
 
Spend time thinking about how to find excuses to tell people that no more projects will get out today. :dopey:


my GT5 collector's edition took to install exactly 30 minutes

Mines at about 65% at 30 minutes.
 
my GT5 collector's edition took to install exactly 30 minutes

Spend time thinking about how to find excuses to tell people that no more projects will get out today. :dopey:




Mines at about 65% at 30 minutes.

Maybe because i got an upgraded HDD WD Black series 1TB 7200RPM
 
Back