What tuning options do you want in GT6 that aren't in GT5?

gamerdog6482

(Banned)
United States
Venom, USA
Gamerdog6482
Master List:
  • Engine swaps.
  • Drivetrain swaps.
    • Ability to disable swaps in online rooms.
  • Ability to tune shocks, springs, toe, and camber by individual wheel.
  • Twin turbocharging.
  • Quad turbocharging.
  • Twincharging.
  • Ability for game to calculate driver's weight in car.
  • Ability to alter the tire pressure.
  • Ability to change tires for wider ones.
  • This?
  • Ability to install a tank of Nitrous Oxide.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you had to input your weight into the game like Tourist Trophy. Then the ability to adjust each shock and spring seperately to fine tune the car.

It would be great if you could completely convert drivetrains. AWD Volkswagen Scirroco or AWD Pagani Zonda R or AWD Lamborghini Miura. Really AWD everything would be great.

Its not about the tuning options we dont yet have its about the ones we do have not working properly at the moment, such as the ride height reversel issue and many more that im sure i dont need to tell you about, so the tuning options I want in GT6 that aren't in GT5 are ones that work correctly.

Last edited:
Ability to change final drive gear ration without a racing transmission. Makes for easy adjustment of gearing without the transmission whine.

But that's the thing, to do that you have to rip the car apart, so unless you want a semi-permanent change, it would be pointless.

Ok, if you want to tune your car's engine that extreme then oil usage should be 20 times faster and if you put too much gas your engine would blow up.

Wing adjustments in ANGLES.

Lift coefficient would be more useful.

Even better would be a a chart of downforce vs speed with a number given at a specific reference speed for quick comparison, for example downforce at 100 mph. Along with that we would need a drag chart and drag reference number.

I'm assuming that the aero modeling will follow the V^2 approximation, but if they take higher order effects into account, the chart would be really helpful.

It's also worth nothing that when it comes to really high end racing, you don't just change wing angles, but you switch wing types.

Personally, I would make the performance tuning system simpler, since it's already deceptively complex (meaning that although many options are displayed, they don't affect engine characteristics in an unique or even realistic way; there's no strategy or thinking involved).

I would make it based on sliders, or 0-centered offset values, which are essentially the same thing. Instead of buying "parts" you buy the "right" to go into deeper slider settings, which would affect engine performance in a realistic way without useless complexity. Something like this, which would fit in a single screen:

Engine
Efficiency (increases base specific torque, engine response, and potential for the engine to reach high rpm by refining, balancing and lightening engine components. Lower values than stock might be useful to comply to race regulations)
<-Low--------Stock---------High->

Displacement (Affects the engine displacement, affecting base specific torque throughout the entire powerband. Lower value than stock might help complying with racing regulations. The extent to which displacement can be varied depends on the engine used)
<-Low--------Stock---------High->

Powerband (affects engine power delivery by shifting the power range to different rpm bands. A high rpm powerband may result in unstable idle and sloppy low rpm response)
<-Low rpm----Stock------High Rpm->

[X] Forced induction
Size (the smaller the turbine is, the quicker it will spool, but the less power will be generated. Excessively large turbocharger sizes might be counterproductive for small displacement engines and viceversa)
<-Small-----Medium-----Large->

Rpm (affects the optimal turbocharger rpm range. In general high rpm ranges will yield more high-end power but might affect negatively engine drivability)
<-Low------Medium-----High Rpm->

Chassis
Lighten (removes weight from the car by removing unnecessary components and using lighter ones. Extreme settings might negatively alter the car's weight distribution)
<-Stock----------------Light->

Reinforce (makes the chassis more rigid by performing increasingly deep modifications such as added structures, adding welds and filling gaps. High settings will make the car chassis more rigid and predictable in addition to increase mounting points for ballast, but will somewhat increase car weight and alter its weight distribution)
<-Stock----------------Rigid->

Aerodynamics (improves the car's aerodynamic penetration and downforce potential by performing increasingly deep modifications to the bodywork)
<-Stock-------------------Racing->

Drivetrain
Structural improvements (improves the drivetrain by adopting lighter and stronger components. Better components will improve acceleration, gear shift response and reliability especially if the engine has been tuned, but can decrease engine drivability at low rpm and on slopes)
<-Stock---------------Racing->

Gearbox
<-Stock---Custom Final Gear----Close Ratio Gearbox----CR Gearbox (additional presets)----Full Customization->

Suspensions
Complexity (improves suspensions by increasing firmness and allowing progressively wide and extensive setting modifications at the cost of complexity)
<-Stock---------------Racing->

Weight (Lighter suspensions improve drivability over road irregularities by reducing unsprung mass at the cost of reliability. Off road and aggressive driving on curbs and bumps will need reinforced parts)
<-Light-------Normal------Reinforced->

Braking system
Quality (improves the braking system by adopting increasingly race-oriented components which increase fading resistance, potential maximum stopping power, feel and adjustability. However, while basic improvements are a must without drawbacks, high-end race systems will perform poorly at low operating temperatures / low average speeds)
<-Stock----Sports--------------------Racing->

[...]

I would also put a separate menu in the setup screen to customize car sounds semi-regardless of the modifications performed:

Customize sound
Exhaust
<-Stock----1-----2-----3>

Intake
<-Stock----1-----2-----3>

Turbocharger
- Turbine
<-1-----2-----3-----4>
- Blow-off valve
<-No----2-----6----10->

Horn
<-1-----100-----200->

Other modifications I have not mentioned could follow the same lines.

Last edited:
One thing for the aerodynamics I would like is adding ducktail spoilers, think like the old fashion muscle cars having the small boot lip. I'm not coo-coo for wings.

My list:
Caster
Toe
Camber
Wheel by wheel adjustment
Shocks
Sway bar
Jacking bolts
Ride height
Spring rate
Transmission tuning
Tire pressure
Tire size adjustment (both width, circumference, wall height)
In race brake bias
Stagger
Engine swaps
Cam swaps
Carb swap
Rear diff
Front/rear and side/side ballast
Nitrogen instead of air in tires
In race tire temp increase/pressure increase/size increase
Rim offset

There are more, I just can't think of them right now.

My list:
Caster
Toe
Camber
Wheel by wheel adjustment
Shocks
Sway bar
Jacking bolts
Ride height
Spring rate
Transmission tuning
Tire pressure
Tire size adjustment (both width, circumference, wall height)
In race brake bias
Stagger
Engine swaps
Cam swaps
Carb swap
Rear diff
Front/rear and side/side ballast
Nitrogen instead of air in tires
In race tire temp increase/pressure increase/size increase
Rim offset

There are more, I just can't think of them right now.

Mot of those we already have, such as adjusting brake bias in-race, adjusting camber, toe, shocks, rear diff, tranny tuning, and ride height.

gamerdog6482
Mot of those we already have, such as adjusting brake bias in-race, adjusting camber, toe, shocks, rear diff, tranny tuning, and ride height.

I know we already have most of those. I'm just saying what I want. Also, there is no in race brake bias for ds3. Only wheels as far as I know

I know we already have most of those. I'm just saying what I want. Also, there is no in race brake bias for ds3. Only wheels as far as I know

Thread title:
"What tuning options do you want in GT6 that aren't in GT5?

Back