What tuning options do you want in GT6 that aren't in GT5?

I know we already have most of those. I'm just saying what I want. Also, there is no in race brake bias for ds3. Only wheels as far as I know
Race brake bias?
You mean adjusting the brake balance while driving? This is possible with a ds3, I use it quite often.

----

Fuel options

Do explain.
You click a certain button so that the HUD shows up, then you click down a few times and then you can adjust rear and front brakes seperately from 0 to 10. You can also activate and deactiveate ABS, TCS, ASM and you also have an option for the torque split.

I think it's called AA-menu or EE-menu

You click a certain button so that the HUD shows up, then you click down a few times and then you can adjust rear and front brakes seperately from 0 to 10. You can also activate and deactiveate ABS, TCS, ASM and you also have an option for the torque split.

I think it's called AA-menu or EE-menu

I am going to check that right now.

Go to the settings and change the button layout.

All right. I went into the "Edit controls" menu and mapped "Show menu" to the button R3. I then went to Kart Space II in my BMW Z4 M Coupe to test.
You were right. I was surprised.
But with the DFGT you can do it without going into a menu...

All right. I went into the "Edit controls" menu and mapped "Show menu" to the button R3. I then went to Kart Space II in my BMW Z4 M Coupe to test.

That's because it was designed to take advantage of that feature. I also had to map the controls on my G25, for instance.

How about adjusting boost pressure and activating overboost via RA Menu, that would be awesome feature. The best use from RA Menu on GT5 now is brake balance adjustment, very important for race and tuning.

Master List:
  • Engine swaps.
  • Drivetrain swaps.
    • Ability to disable swaps in online rooms.
  • Ability to tune shocks, springs, toe, and camber by individual wheel.
  • Twin turbocharging.
  • Quad turbocharging.
  • Twincharging.
  • Ability for game to calculate driver's weight in car.
  • Ability to alter the tire pressure.
  • Ability to change tires for wider ones.
  • This?
  • Ability to install a tank of Nitrous Oxide.

NITROUS OXIDE.
NO. This ain't NFS.
Although the driver's weight seems more realistic.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Quad Turbo charging? LOL. I'd definitely like to see engine swaps, and individual wheel suspension tuning. For me i'd like to see-

- Boost Adjustment.

- Rev limiter adjustment. (too high of a setting would cause damage)

- Nitrous to make a comeback.

- Anti-lag/Launch control. (it's a must for some of the big turbo cars in the game)

- Steering angle adjustment for drifting.

- Wheel offset and size, and tire size and width.

- Tire Pressure.

That's all i can think of for now, and being realistic of course. I just don't see GT6's tuning being too much different from what we've had from the start. Let's just hope PD try's something new..

No i have both a DFGT and a G27 the menu system is identical for both once the buttons have been mapped to the g27

Quad Turbo charging? LOL. I'd definitely like to see engine swaps, and individual wheel suspension tuning. For me i'd like to see-

- Boost Adjustment.

- Anti-lag/Launch control. (it's a must for some of the big turbo cars in the game)

- Tire Pressure.

That's all i can think of for now, and being realistic of course. I just don't see GT6's tuning being too much different from what we've had from the start. Let's just hope PD try's something new..

You just took my thoughts! :P Those types of tuning are the ones I really want especially the Boost Up Option(Can't stand my FD having 0.5 boost, Amemiya uses a boost up at 1.0 :P)

Engine swaps
Racing brakes (like GT3 and 4)
Displacement up (Like GT3 skylines)
Nitrous
Drivetrain conversions (I want to be able to make the SRT-4 Rwd. I also want to rip the transfer case out of any of the R35's so I can take it from being a gutless piece of crap to a halfway decent track car.)
Engine Balancing
Engine builder (I want to customize my own engine to put in a car... for example, GSX/R-4 has a 4 cylinder motorcycle engine in it. I want to replace it with a supercharged 4 cylinder 2-stroke engine. 250HP 108 ft/lbs -----> 380HP 225 ft/lbs. the 2-stroke engine would reduce weight even further by removing unnecessary engine parts like the oil pan and the camshafts/valves and all the other noise you get with wimpy 4 stroke engines.

Some ideas...

Race brakes rotors
Sport brake rotors
Carbon Brake Pads
Race gauges for the interior (Boost, Shift light, Digital RPM gauge etc.)
Carbon Fiber Trunk
Carbon Fiber Body Kit
Exhaust Material
Turbo Adjustment
Tire Size and width
Piston size
Headlight brightness
Intercooler size
Light weight Race seat
Nitrous oxide
Tire pressure
Fuel type
Oil type

I will edit my post if I think of anything else.

Tell me what you think!

Special Pre-tuned Power Packs that span a variety of cars allowing vehicles to compete together closely and fairly.

Ex: An "All-Star DTM" pack would allow the Mercedes 190 Touring Car (four cylinder, rear wheel drive), Opel Calibra touring car (Turbo Six Cylinder, All wheel drive) and the Audi A4 touring car (V8, rear wheel drive) to compete on fair terms by everyone simply purchasing the pack. Online rooms can then select a pack (or packs, if a multi-class feature is desired) to restrict the cars by, ensuring varied but clean and fair racing.

However, each car would have multiple choices. We'll use the DTM cars again to make the point. An Opel Calibra could have at least three different Packs to pick from. 1: '90's DTM pack to performance balance it with the Alfa Romeo. 2. All-Star DTM, as stated above. 3. "GT All-stars R Class" Which would be a blanket modifier that would balance DTM, LMS GT, FIA GT, Fictional GT and other cars together to race competitively.

Each car, be it road or racing type, would have at least 2-3 options to balance it with a wide varietty of other cars, so that racing can be close and competitive, without needing one-make fields of cars.

Without going into a menu? Mate, I have a DFGT and it's exactly the same menu, just navigated with other buttons.

Or do you mean without having to activiate it in the game settings? Then yes.

Engine swaps
AWD cars can change to 100% rear bias
steering angle adjustment
wheel diameter, offset and width, also tyre width separately adjustable and tyre pressures
ability to lower cars as much as possible in real life
No ability to adjust rear camber on cars with a live rear axles

I'd love engine swaps, not sure about changing the drivetrain configuration, maybe if it's within certain limits.
It sure could lead to some interesting hybrids, maybe even literally like a RWD Prius with a bigger Toyota-sourced engine yet I can't see that happen somehow.

Electronic boost controller.
The ability to choose camshafts (with proper powerband simulation).
Air filters that affects sound.
Lockable differentials.
Anti lag systems with launch control.
Low compression conversion for NA cars.
Realistic turbo tuning for turbo cars (in GT5 I can put a low rpm kit on a group C racer and the power increases, yeah right).
Realistic parts selection for different cars. (no chip tuning for cars with no electronic ignition/fuel management, no de-cat option for classics etc. etc.).
The option to change the final drive only.

NITROUS OXIDE.
NO. This ain't NFS.
Although the driver's weight seems more realistic.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Uhm, Nitrous Oxide is used in real life :sly:

As for my options:
- Engine swaps
- Drivetrain swaps
- Basic ECU/Carb tuning

That's all I can think of for now...

Cam Timing
Boost Pressure
Ignition Timing
Compression Ratio (skim the head, shave pistons)
Fuel Map (that would be so awesome...)
Final Drive Change w/o custom gearbox
Realistic Engine swaps

I would also prefer Scramble Boost Button(MCR R34 GT-R is an example with that) too lol. I would also prefer maybe a final drive adjuster with stock gear ratios(like S2000 that has a stock 4.100, and switch to 4.444 or 4.777)

Last edited:
Better weight reducing measures. If I remove the seats and replace the driver's seat with a racing one, I want to see that in the interior view. Also, make it easier to pick and choose, rather than just Stage 1, 2 and 3.

- Boost Adjustment.

- Tire Pressure.

This is what i was thinking. :lol: 👍

One thing that FM4 doesn't have sadly, is the AE111 Toyota, so you can't swap in the 20V Blacktop.
But if GT6 had engine swaps, and the 86 and 111 then :D

Back