What tuning options do you want in GT6 that aren't in GT5?

Positive Camber
Scramble Boost
Bump Stop
Caster
Air-Fuel Ratio
Ability to modify the starting/ending RPMs of the turbines
KERS

Need to add:
Caster, steering rack, max steering angle, tire pressure, slow and fast damper settings, torque map on race cars, twin turbo

Need to fix:
LSD range of 0-100 not 5-60, Angle of View adjustment for each individual car (rather than "hiding" it in the Multi Monitor Options... I know this isn't exactly a "tuning" thing)

Cam Tuning, so you can not only improve the power, but change where the power gains are in regards to RPM levels). This, when worked with the current turbo system of low, medium, and high RPM turbos, could really benefit tuners that know what they're doing. To make it easy on those that don't, they could have low, medium, and high presets.

Some kind of electric motor upgrade for hybrid and electric cars. I would imagine this could be done by making some components out of superconductors and rare earth magnets.

Fuel selection would be nice, and would allow for races that only allow alternative fuels/biofuels. This would also have the more realistic effect of forcing you to use a higher-grade fuel when you increase compression (done in both stage 2 and 3 engine tuning upgrades in GT5).

A variety of oils. I imagine that when you change the oil in GT5, you're putting in some kind of racing oil that improves power. It would be nice to be able to change the oil back to stock, or put in some longer-lasting oil for endurance races.

Launch control, so you don't have to add stability control to keep your wheels from spinning at the start of some races.

The ability to disconnect a set of wheels from the drivetrain in a four wheel drive car.

The ability to buy a differential without any limitied-slip characteristics (which is stock on some cars, so the programming is already there).

Brake disk upgrades, and brake fade on longer races.

More aerodynamic upgrades, including an underbody, more spoiler options which have different effects (like long, low wings which some drag cars use to get a lot of downforce leverage), splitters (which would allow adjusting the front downforce), hoods with either intake scoops (ram air) or exit vents (downforce, possibly additional cooling), and mirror options (small carbon fiber racing ones, or complete removal).

Tire size options would be nice; not just width, but diameter, rim size (that actually affects performance), and front/rear differences (which the people that drag race might really like, because they could really make their vehicles look like drag racing cars.

It would also be nice if they limited/changed some options in certain cars; I noticed the McLaren MP4-12C had adjustable anti-roll bars, which would be a step down from its self-leveling system. It would be cool if that car's brake-steering system's intensity could be adjusted, too. (That car is just one example, I'm sure there are some other special features on other cars, like the four wheel steering on some. Active Yaw Control is unique to Mitsubishi, but it's available; it shouldn't be a single-case thing.)

First off, the tuning has to work as it should (like the front/rear reversed tuning in springs/RH and shocks), next we need tuning to be THE SAME online and offline. If PD gets this sorted, GT6 will be a win. Other things I would like to see are caster adjustment (cars tend to have way too much caster in GT5) and tire pressure.

Having too many tuning options (rim widths, offsets, tire width) take away from the driving in that there will be constant tuning. Further, this actually does not balance out cars, it isolates certain ones and they become the "best" at certain tracks/pp-limits. This is the old Forza problem, lets not drag it into GT6.

One thing we have to watch out for when it comes to drivetrain changes is whether or not the car already has a driveshaft across the entire car.

Most cars, afaik, didn't design any space for a driveshaft since the drive wheels are right next to the engine.

Making a FWD car into a RWD would require not only a new engine (FWD and RWD engines aren't built the same) but also a modified chassis which gives space for the new driveshaft.

It would almost be easier to gut the entire inside of the car and move the engine in the trunk and/or backseat.

Steering angle
Fuel amount
CPU tuning
Turbo tuning
Twin charging (I.E. running a Turbo and a supercharger in one engine)
Tire pressure
Active suspension
Engine swaps
Brake upgrades
Drivetrain swaps

^ Well, twin-turbo setups are used more to reduce the lag, but for that to work, PD actually needs to model lag in-game ;)

It'd be interesting to see a twin-turbo system where you could set your turbo's as parallel or sequential :drool:

custom build your own engine choose brand parts
for example you can choose where your turbo piping goes and have turbos sticking out your hood and all that and a option to take of the wing and hood :S

Have more exhausts. Not just one type of sport exhaust, but maybe one that's got a deeper roar and maybe one that sounds like a racecar

I'd like to be able to modify my brakes. Being able to convert drum brakes to calipers. Get different kind of brake calipers, like 2 or 3 piston calipers. And I'd like to be able to paint my calipers too. Along with that, i want options with rotors too. I want to be to to get slotted, cross drill, and everything in between. Along with that, being able to chose the brake pad compound.

It's not so much a new tuning option but a refinement of what's already on offer; stripping the interior out. It's always bugged me that we spend 10's of thousands of credits on 3 stages of weight reduction yet the most basic thing that even those of us that do track days do does not feature in any way. Surely the removal of heavy front and rear seats, door cards etc is an essential part of weight reduction?!

^^That's always bugged me as well, its minor, but it really would be cool to see, but speaking of weight reduction, it would be cool to see carbon fiber body conversions.

Here's my wishlist:
  • visual tuning at least as good as in FM4
  • engine swaps, drivetrain swaps
  • wheel size change and tire profile change
  • tire pressure change
  • ability to RM most of the cars like in the older GT
  • fuel selection; imagine filling your beast with diesel by mistake and having to rebuild the engine for 500,000 Cr afterwards
  • advanced weight reduction with specific parts actually being thrown away from the interior (seats, air-con, most of the dash, etc.) - removed the stereo and gained 5 kilos? Then enjoy the silence!
  • selection of roll cages
  • custom engines (more advanced feature from Sega GT)

my biggest suspension based request:

tire temps,give us surface temps of the inner surface temp, middle surface temp and outer tire surface temp, its exactly how real race teams adjust their camber, caster, and air pressure.

Drive a few hot laps, pit, check the temps across the tire surface and adjust accordingly to obtain even tire temps, which will also offer best tire wear/grip

along with this, we need adjustable caster and tire pressure at each wheel.

Adjust Gearbox RPM and the stagger.
Ability to change Power Steering from Hydraulic to Electronic or from non-existent to either of those types.

Back