• Hood Cam

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Im A Noob So I Use Behind Car View

Votes: 25 6.9%

• Total voters
Spider-man2099
VA10
Vote in Poll

I was using In car view but i found my times to be slightly faster using bumber cam so now i use that.

there is no poll?

i use in car always. you can drive quicker with bumper view but i'm not really having too much a problem at the moment and for some reason in car visibility is pretty good in gt5 unlike a lot of other games i have played.

The one thing I do not like about using the in car view (still playing GT5P-Demo) is your gauges and gear/brake zone indicator are off to the side. I like the bumper cam because the gauges are front and center.

I also like to move my couch up about 3 - 4 feet from the 44" TV. When using in car view, it really puts you in the driver's seat.

If there was a flashing brake indicator, I'd always use the in car. Getting used to driving on the right hand side of the car is still taking time to get used to.....really weird.

there is no poll?

i use in car always. you can drive quicker with bumper view but i'm not really having too much a problem at the moment and for some reason in car visibility is pretty good in gt5 unlike a lot of other games i have played.

Sorry Group Started a Quest in World Of Warcraft and i didn't get chance to finish it up

I was slightly faster with bumper cam than with the cockpit view, don't know why exactly but I think it has something to do with the narrow windshield :-)

(as far as I know ie: demo) I like both the bumper and incar view... so I just switch between the two :)

back in GT4 when i first got it, i used car view. then i swich to bumper and notice a lot of time improvement :)

now with the GT5PD i used cockpit view for best experience, but once again i swich to bumper for better times and for more accurate cornering :)

Cockpit view is THE way to go, IMO.

This is exactly what makes GT5 great and stand out from the crowd. Yet again, I do realized it is a matter of choice, but if you are aiming for ultimate realism, cockpit view is the only way to go.

Bumper cam i feel like i'm the beast, and in-car i feel like i'm taming the beast.........I use in-car lol.

Btw bumper cam is faster for me too.

In GT4, I alternated between chase cam when using the DS2, because I was most comfortable with that after all the years of it, and hood view for the DFP. My reasoning was the DS2 doesn't exactly give a lot of feeling about breakaway, so I wanted to see the car's rear pushing wide. But the hood view was the most realistic view to use with the most realistic controller...

So, it's safe for me to say that once I have Prologue, I'll be using the in-car view exclusively. It seems strange not to, now that it's available. Everyone constantly requested it!

I used roofcam view in GT4 too. It was the best of all worlds for me. Now that I have a nice big Bravia, I'm experimenting with driver view, but if I don't get sufficiently dialled in, back to the roof I go. ;)

I used roof cam in GT4, but in GT5 nothing but in-car (a dream of mine for GT that I never though would happen).

Bumpercam, since GT1.

It's a shame to not use the new cockpit views but I get my best times from the bumper, and it just seems faster.

I can drive a lot more aggressively with the bumper cam, due to more experience with it. Although I am faster with bumper cam right now, I am not giving up on learning to adjust to the in car cam because I would rather drive the cars seeing it from a drivers perspective so I vote in car cam because I'm trying to change to the new in car cams. To be able to simulate being in the driver seat with visual of the dash board and gauges just adds more value to the experience. If I'm in a S2000 I want to see how the s2000 digital sweeping gauge lights up all the way to 9000 rpms. If I'm in an Integra Type R I want to see that needle swoop towards 8500 rpms as I would in real life.

It is this in car experience that adds to the realism of driving.

I've gotten used to the in car view now, and it's my favorite way of driving. Race or just cruising around. Cockpit view in the Ferrari F430 looks amazing. Carbon fiber on the dash looks so realistic. Rear view shows the red engine covers.

It took some time to adjust to the in car view, but now it's so much more fun to be inside the car looking at the dashboard than the bumper view. Regardless of which is faster, and I think it's about the same. Just took time to get used to where the turn in was and how to understand how close I really am to the apex and walls when in using inside view.

the more i play the more it becomes clear, cockpit view is the best for the experience :D

Bumper cam for me, im finding the transition from bumper to in-car hard, but i keep switching.

In previous GT games, I used behind-car for when I was using the controller, but when I used my DFP I'd use bumper cam. I'm not sure about GT5 until I get GT5P, but I bet I'll be using cockpit view.

I voted for in-car, but I as others have said have ALWAYS used bumper cam in GT4 and still find it faster in GT5P.
BUT, I love the in-car, and use it as often as I can! (Read Daytona, Suzuka, London)
The only thing I find (again, as others have said) is that the view is slightly restricted in in-car, and IMHO would benefit from some corner-look (if that's the right phrase?)
i.e. As you turn the wheel, the view moves as if you were looking through the corner at the apex/exit. As an experienced bike rider (and track-day fan) I can say with certainty that when going into/round/out-of a corner I am never looking straight ahead, I am looking where the bike/vehicle is going.

Just my honest opinion.

Neil

Back