• Bumper Cam

Votes: 131 36.2%
  • Hood Cam

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Im A Noob So I Use Behind Car View

Votes: 25 6.9%

• Total voters
I.R. Noob! admittedly. lol

I would like to see peripheral vision aids.. that's the only thing lacking in games right now; you use a LOT of peripheral vision while driving.

That's great Bone! I'm not trying to rip on anyone who does use in-car, but I just have to explain why I don't like, for the sake of anyone like you who might come to see the light. ;)

I was being sarcastic. some people are never satisfied. To those of us who grew up playing Atari Pole Position, the fact that there's an in-car view at all is pretty amazing.

I've used bumber view since I got steering wheel. Before that I used in car view, but it really started annoying me that there were two steering wheels then on sight. Didn't notice any improvement by changing view.

I could understand why one would like the bumper cam it has a great view, but for me in the car view is the best. Dont get me wrong they could of made it better but im very happy about the interior view, makes driving the cars fun!

I am getting use to the in car view now.. I use to love bumper cam.. but with in car view somehow I hit the APEX way better then I do with Bumper cam.. odd

As well there are better effects in in car view especially when you lock up brakes

OK now people, I have a legit reason for using the behind car view, it's too damn hard to tell where your ass end is when you cant see it. The other reason is, i'm driving on a virtual game, which is realistic in many ways except for one big thing, G-forces. If i'm not tilting foreward when slamming on the brakes, or leaning to the side when hauling butt around a corner, i'm not going to have that natural sense of where my car is & what it's doing. So, does this still make me a noob?

OK now people, I have a legit reason for using the behind car view, it's too damn hard to tell where your ass end is when you cant see it. The other reason is, i'm driving on a virtual game, which is realistic in many ways except for one big thing, G-forces. If i'm not tilting foreward when slamming on the brakes, or leaning to the side when hauling butt around a corner, i'm not going to have that natural sense of where my car is & what it's doing. So, does this still make me a noob?

No it does not make you a noob.

I used chase-view most in GT1 & 2. Sure, i was a noob back then, but in all honesty it helps you see who's around you...you're less likely to have some back-assward Ai slam into you if you know where they are. Also, chase-view made drifting more flawless in these games.

gt3 has such a sucky chase view (your car is GIGANTIC), it literally forces you to use bumper view. And there is no hood or cockpit view. :mad: But this was good in a way. Got me out of the chase-view habit, you might say.

I occasionally switch to chase in GT4 & GT5P. Again, there are those times when i need to know who's in my blind spot(s) so i don't get slammed.

Let me throw my wrench in here. Back in the 90's Sierra\Papyrus made a Nascar game. I started out using a controller (sticks\buttons) and the in-car view. I purchased a wheel and that alone knocked 2 seconds off my lap times. Life happens and here I am 14 years later? Has it been that long? I moved here in 2001 and my brother-in-law introduced me to the PS2. He'd been with the GT series since GT1 and was currently playing GT3. which was my first experience. I couldn't drive worth crap. Going back to the sticks was tough. He used the bumper cam and the adjustment from in-car was tough. When alone one day, I raced the Miata race. The slower car did wonders for my learning curve. Eventually I turned in a 1:00:xx in an F1 car at Laguna Seca, probably my favorite achievement. Not bad for an "oval racer".

Now, I can't go back to the in-car view. I can "feel" the car, I don't need to see it. I have no problem holding my car beside yours going through a turn at 170-180 mph, even though I can't see you until one of us pulls ahead. I use my rearview and I see enough in it to know where the other cars are most of the time. With the bumper cam I get a much better view of the track. I can run with the top guys at Daytona, the ones with the wheels, but they ARE faster. It's just more consistent with the wheel compared to the sticks, IMO. I'm with the group that's much faster using bumper cam opposed to other views. I've used both extensively, bumper and in-car. Chase has never been a real option for me in racing. Drifting, yes. NFS, yes. GT and Daytona (or any other track race), No. Wheel in the future? Yes. Return to in-car view? No. That's as simple as I can put my experience.

No it does not make you a noob.

I used chase-view most in GT1 & 2. Sure, i was a noob back then, but in all honesty it helps you see who's around you...you're less likely to have some back-assward Ai slam into you if you know where they are. Also, chase-view made drifting more flawless in these games.

gt3 has such a sucky chase view (your car is GIGANTIC), it literally forces you to use bumper view. And there is no hood or cockpit view. :mad: But this was good in a way. Got me out of the chase-view habit, you might say.

I occasionally switch to chase in GT4 & GT5P. Again, there are those times when i need to know who's in my blind spot(s) so i don't get slammed.

Thank-you, I'm glad to see that someone understands me.:)

ONe thing i'm noticing about GT5P, tho...it seems i rarely get slammed anymore. The ai definately is more aware that to get around you, it's better to avoid hitting you in the first place. 💡 I have yet to see an opponent push into me (or another opponent), spin, or punt as a method of getting ahead. They only seem to slam into me or each other if there is absolutely not enough time to react.

....of course all you folks who have been playing this game longer than me know all this i'm sure.

With the bumper cam I get a much better view of the track.
That's funny, but I've noticed that with my relatives and friends who are bumper cam fanatics, they often can't handle turns or passing very well. I justcan't handle any view anymore but roof cam- with the '05 WRX, it does seem to be a hood cam. But anyway, I need roof cam in order to get a view of the course which resembles real life, and as some have said, no game seems to get the cockpit view right,as good as Prologue is. It also gives me the peripheral vision we have in real life so I can see what's going on at either side.

This thread is evidence that GT5 has to have a very flexible driver cam placement option, because there's no perfect choice.

I use Bumper car. I'm faster in that view and I also have better visibility in online racing. Such as the rear vision mirror up the top of the screen.

I use Bumper car. I'm faster in that view and I also have better visibility in online racing. Such as the rear vision mirror up the top of the screen.

+1. The bumper cam view is very good for online racing but sometimes I feel that the in-car view suits me better in certain cars. :odd:

OK now, I'm not sure if it does this with every car or what, but i've heard of this happening in the Mercedes. When i'm drifting in my Viper SRT-10, the screen (in car view) shakes ridiculously, what the hell is up with that!

I would LOVE to use incar view but the "shaking" while drifting makes me dizzy so i use hood cam. so untill they can fix the shaking or have an option to remove that i will use hood cam

OK now, I'm not sure if it does this with every car or what, but i've heard of this happening in the Mercedes. When i'm drifting in my Viper SRT-10, the screen (in car view) shakes ridiculously, what the hell is up with that!

well the reason why the SL55 AMG start "wobling" is cause of the fact that the ESP isnt 100% switched off, so when you are on the limit with the car, the ESP is still kicking in a bit - that is just like in real life on the mercedes cars.
UNFORTUNATELY

Chris

Latest Posts

Back