What was your favorite cartoon and series as a kid?

• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 267 comments
Nickelodeon was all I really watched in the 90's. I'd say my favorite shows and cartoons were/are:

- Pokemon
- Figure It Out
- All That
- Keenan and Kel
- Rugrats
- Rocket Power
- Hey Arnold
- Catdog
- Doug

Btw, they show reruns of most of these shows on Teen Nick at midnight, every night. I actually watched two episodes of Hey Arnold last night. :D

Nickelodeon was all I really watched in the 90's. I'd say my favorite shows and cartoons were/are:

- Pokemon
- Figure It Out
- All That
- Keenan and Kel
- Rugrats
- Rocket Power
- Hey Arnold
- Catdog
- Doug

Btw, they show reruns of most of these shows on Teen Nick at midnight, every night. I actually watched two episodes of Hey Arnold last night. :D

These and Recess, Spongebob Squarepants and a few others.

Great idea for a thread! 👍

I was born in 1986...

1. Thomas the tank engine (when i was very little, i loved him, i had all the models!!)
2.Kenan and kel
3.Grange hill
4.Scooby doo
5.The simpsons (still love it now..even the endless repeats!)
6.WWF wrestling (still watch it now!)
7.Dexter's lab
8.Sabrina the teenage witch
9.The fresh prince of bel-air
10.Art attack
11.Cow and chicken
12.Sooty
13.South park
14.Arthur!
15.The demon headmaster
16. Mighty morphin' power rangers!

My favourite film from my childhood was space jam!

Ive enjoyed read through your posts!, it brought back great memories!! :)

My favorites were Tom and Jerry and most of the things on Nickelodeon. I used to like Disney Channel but now all of the shows suck.

Forgot about Dexters Lab, Scooby-Doo, Power Rangers, Johnny Bravo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Pinky and the Brain, Casper and Friends, Dennis the Menace, Yogi Bear, The Flintstones, Dinosaurs, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Dragon Ball Z, and Duel Masters.

I forgot to add blue peter to mine and picky and the brain..i loved the theme tune to that show, i couldnt stop singing it when i was small!

'its pinky and the brain, yes pinky and the brain, one is a genius, the others insane!' :lol:

Cartoons
Blues Clues
The Berenstain Bears
Arther
Sesame Street
Barney
Care Bears
Franklin
Caillou
Winnie the Pooh
Tom and Jerry
Looney Tunes

TV Series
Power Rangers
Goosebumps
Dragon Ball Z

Those are just some I can name of the top of my head. The list should be a lot bigger.

Last edited:
- Tom and Jerry (the original ones, not the new ones :yuck:)
- Looney Tunes
- Powerpuff girls
- Kids next door.

I still watch the first two :dopey:

I was born in 1995. My favourite shows as a kid were all mainly cartoons:

As a 5-year old (that I can remember):
- Thomas the Tank Engline (loved this show)
- Postman Pat
- Winnie the Pooh

As a kid:
- A lot of Nickeldeon shows like CatDog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold (all on network TV)
- Pokemon (obsessed around the time of Gold and Silver)
- Classic Looney Tunes
- Spongebob Squarepants (was my favourite cartoon of all of time until a year ago)
- Classic Hanna-Barbera
- WB action shows like Teen Titans and Justice League

Biker Mice from Mars
Cow and chicken
Pokémon
Samurai Jack
+ loads of other great TV cartoons I can't remember.
Bonus: Doomilaakson Tarinoita (A finnish dirty version of The Moomins lol)

So many good memories. Nowadays I've been watching Beavis & Butthead, they rock. :)

Aaahh biker mice from mars!! thats another one i forgot to add to my post!! :dunce:

Wacky Races.

Dick-Dastardly.jpg

My favourite cartoons has a kid were

Transformers (I got the complete series and original G1 cartoon movie on DVD)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Inspector Gadget
The Looney Tunes
The Smurfs

Here are my favorite cartoons:

Dragonball Z (By far my favorite)
Dexters Lab
Wacky Racers
Pinky and the Brain (I hated the rest of Animaniacs though)
Dangermouse (Not on TV but videos id watch over and over and over...)
Spongebob

And the only series I needed in my life:

Keenan and Kel
WWF Raw

I also liked Johnny Bravo solely for his monkey dance

Last edited:
Well I'm a '91 kid and honestly it hard for me to make a top 5. So many, like The Transformers 1st Gen(re-aired in the 90's), Tom & Jerry, He-Man, Thundercats, Johnny Bravo, I Am Weasel, Cow and Chicken, Pokemon 1st Gen(I grew up on this for sure!), Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, Digimon(For less than a year and then the value of the show went bad), Dexter's Laboratory, Scooby Doo, Powerpuff Girls(yes I did watch it), Ed, Edd, and Eddy, DragonBall(plus Z), Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob, The Simpsons, Basically almost any old cartoon re-aired in the 90's on Cartoon Network, Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, and much more that I can't remember.

As you can tell, the 90's were a great time in my life! The early 2000's was decent but by 2006 I've grew out of watching cartoons and cartoon network's quality to me was bad by then.

Back