What was your favorite cartoon and series as a kid?

• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 267 comments
This was one of my favourite TV shows on TreeHouse, but I forgot the name of it. It wasn't a cartoon; it was from actors and actresses. It was basically several small sketches that is somehow joined together. It included a painter who can paint things into real life, two gloves that did random magic tricks, and some other sketches.

It's pretty old.

If anybody can name this, it would be great! :)

When I was a really small kid, it was all gigantic robots, yo. Robotech, Voltron, Mazinger. Also M.A.S.K., that was awesome.

Later on, of course Thundercats, Silver Hawks, the Turtles, all those action shows, and later on still I really got into classic cartoons, discovering the completely twisted universe of Tex Avery. That changed my life.

When I was a young teen, I discovered what anime was and the whole culture around it. You can see my avatar and get your conclussions. Even so, I also really got into Dexter's Lab, Ren & Stimpy and the Powerpuff Girls.

Today I still enjoy cartoons. The Fairly Oddparents was a revelation 5 years ago. I cannot wait until they bring My Little Pony over here so I can watch it. I'm two months away from 30.

Born in 1984.
Cartoons.
*Animaniacs.
*Rocko's Modern Life.
*Thomas the Tank Engine.
*Rugrats.
*Pokemon.
*Looney Tunes.
*Doug.
*Postman Pat.
*Inspector Gadget.
*The Simpsons.

TV Shows.
*Seinfeld.
*Family Matters.
*Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I really can not remember any others. :lol:

Last edited:
Transformers...G1 though, none of that stupid Beast Wars or anything.
G.I. JOE...**** yeah!
He-man

This was one of my favourite TV shows on TreeHouse, but I forgot the name of it. It wasn't a cartoon; it was from actors and actresses. It was basically several small sketches that is somehow joined together. It included a painter who can paint things into real life, two gloves that did random magic tricks, and some other sketches.

It's pretty old.

If anybody can name this, it would be great! :)

ZZZAP!

That show was immense. It was aimed at deaf kids, hence none of the sketches having audio.

Daisy Dares, The Handymen, Cuthbert Lily and Tricky Dicky.

And not forgetting Smart Arty, played by Neil Buchanan of Art Attack fame.

220px-Zzzap_video.jpg

ZZZap!_Series_4_unknown_episode_1.mpg_000585215.jpg

Handymen.jpg

600full-art-attack-photo.jpg

Man, this show was awesome. And Art Attack. But I used to find Zzzap! really creepy; the way the characters used to entice themselves to be picked before the camera zoomed in on the one to be selected...

Born 1982

:Top 5 cartoon series:

1. The Real Ghostbusters

2. Bravestar

3. Conan the Adventurer

4. Batman the Animated Series

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

:Top 5 TV Series:

1. Are you afraid of the dark

2. Salute your shorts

3. MacGuyver

4. The X-Files

5. Wild N' Crazy Kids

Edit:
6. Kids Incorporated

7. Hey Dude

ZZZAP!

That show was immense. It was aimed at deaf kids, hence none of the sketches having audio.

Daisy Dares, The Handymen, Cuthbert Lily and Tricky Dicky.

And not forgetting Smart Arty, played by Neil Buchanan of Art Attack fame.

Ah, that's what it was called. I've been trying to remember that for years.

Oh god, so much nostalgia. I used to watch that after school almost every day back in the 90s. Looking back on it though, I can understand why you would think it's creepy. Art Attack was great too.

Holy cow! Thank you very much, MazdaPrice! :cheers:

I've been looking for it ever since I remembered watching it before. I probably couldn't find it because it had a totally different name on TreeHouse TV, or it was probably just me.

I used to love Fireman Sam, and Thomas the Tank Engine, and a bit of Noddy, but I tuned it to a couple of the above the other day (I was curious) and they've changed completely from how I remember them. They're all modernised, and Fireman Sam now doesn't drive down the hill, he flys a helicopter. :(

A chopper? Blasphemy!
I guess it was Thomas the Tank Engine for me as well. I remember my cake at my 4th Birthday party was Thomas with a popcorn smoke trail! :D

mattythedog
I used to love Fireman Sam, and Thomas the Tank Engine, and a bit of Noddy, but I tuned it to a couple of the above the other day (I was curious) and they've changed completely from how I remember them. They're all modernised, and Fireman Sam now doesn't drive down the hill, he flys a helicopter. :(
And Mr Conductor is heard but not seen.

Daniel
A chopper? Blasphemy!
I guess it was Thomas the Tank Engine for me as well. I remember my cake at my 4th Birthday party was Thomas with a popcorn smoke trail! :D
My daughter got a ride-on Thomas Power Wheels for her second birthday last week.

Inspector Gadget brings back fond memories. I love watching old reruns whenever I find them on - I was hooked on that show as a kid....

My favourite cartoon's back in the day were:

Dragon Ball Z: a classic.
Kids Next Door: a inspiration to build a tree house and take over the world from the adults :sly:
Happy Tree Friends: What more can I say then, blood?! Ha.
SpongeBob SquarePants: The name says it all.

Was and still is today (by my avatar) Pokemon - since it came out in 1998 I didn't miss and episode that was until it was moved to another network (back in that time) I didn't get (on DirecTV). So I was forced to miss out on 9 seasons (5th to the 14th - [btw I have seen them all by now, different online websites]) - until my family switched over to Dish Network and I got that channel again (cartoon network, I believe its now on Disney XD) - now thanks to so many online videos (not YouTube) I can watch Pokemon in so many languages. tu.tv (for example: http://tu.tv/videos/pokemon-los-viajes-johto-cap-20) I can watch them in my native language, Spanish (Latin American version different from the Iberian version)

In simple: Pokemon, I do love watching other cartoons, but Poketto-Monsutta is my favorite.

other cartoons I still watch include:
Tom & Jerry
Sylvester & Twitty
The Pink Panther
Samurai Pizza Cats
Jungle Cubs

there still is one cartoon I can't find anywhere today that I used to watch so much: Bobby's World (early 1990's) and the other non-cartoon was Goosebumps. Today I have not heard of neither, or on DVD

doesn't fit in but still watch: Beavis and Butthead

Cartoons: (At the top of my head, can't remember all of them)
Jackie Chan Adventures
Pokemon
Tom & Jerry
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Dexter's Laboratory
Transformers (Can't remember which one)
Magic School Bus

And that's about all I can think of so far.

Television shows:
MXC
Whose Line Is It Anyways? (late childhood early teen years)

Argh...can't remember many television shows. I think I was a bit more of a cartoon kid.

I was born in the 80's so I watch a lot of good ones, and I really liked

Batman the Animated series 92-95
Transformers
Thunder Cats
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
G.I. Joe

and it seems like most of the posts here are by a younger crowd. Any of you older guys watched

Ducktales
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Tailspin
Or the Smurfs I think I saw someone else mention that one

tazj_7
and it seems like most of the posts here are by a younger crowd. Any of you older guys watched

Ducktales
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Tailspin
Or the Smurfs I think I saw someone else mention that one
I just bought Ducktales Volume 1 on DVD to see if my daughter likes it. Darkwing Duck was awesome.

All three of those shows have been completely destroyed by the world of CGI. Thomas the Tank Engine is literally the greatest show of all time. The modern versions have no place in my heart. :(

One show I forgot all about to add to my list: Count Duckula 👍

EDIT: And The Trapdoor!

Last edited:
All three of those shows have been completely destroyed by the world of CGI. Thomas the Tank Engine is literally the greatest show of all time. The modern versions have no place in my heart. :(

I agree, things like Fireman Sam and Thomas looking appalling in CGI and its the biggest travesty in television. I don't like any CGI cartoon's because they look so damn cheap and creepy, give me 2D or models any day just like everything I saw when I was a kid.

As a kid: Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, Transformers, Tom & Jerry, G.I. Joe

As a teenager/A-Dolt: The Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, Cow & Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog

Our daughter had picked up a few bad verbal habits ("Outta my way, old man!", "No way, man!") from watching The Simpsons, so she can't watch it until she's older. Yo Gabba Gabba! is a decent trade-off, and she enjoyed Blue's Clues when she was younger.

Ren and Stimpy...Always remembered listening to the credits. Best theme ever. Like, seriously.

First of all, while looking for one of my favorite tv shows, I was really struggling to find "太陽にほえろ"(I know right?), my favorite cop show. That's when I found this TV commercial with mostly the original cast(bit older), original song, but with Tommy Lee Jones in it. :lol: Here it is:

ANIME

TV(Remaining 4)

Born in 1974, I picked shows from when I was really young. Great thread breakpoint!

P.S. I've liked guns all my life, and I'm really starting to see where it all came from. :sly:

Back