What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
This thread should be revived, the time for the course maker is near, I feel.

This is what I would make with a GPS! Fun little high speed circuit near some nice parks where I live, hell, even a short version of the track can be made!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6567066
I dont think anyone cares anymore... its been a year and a half. :P

This thread should be revived, the time for the course maker is near, I feel.

This is what I would make with a GPS! Fun little high speed circuit near some nice parks where I live, hell, even a short version of the track can be made!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6567066

Ignore the negative naysayers! All they want to do is spread gloom. I refuse to be dragged down by them!

That looks like a nice layout, well done.

Ignore the negative naysayers! All they want to do is spread gloom. I refuse to be dragged down by them!

That looks like a nice layout, well done.
I was dragged down by them and became one of them. :P GT is about racing, and that what I intend to do with it :)

If PD will not give me Zolder (B), I will take my race bike (and my Garmin Edge 810 gps) for a spin there.
Tried that inside a car, but connection with the sattelites was not optimal..

Last edited:
I'll probably make this track :) It's in a local industrial area, roads are a bit wider than the normal 2 lane roads, at least on most parts. Most corners look square, but in reality they're pretty rounded because most are on fairly spacious junctions. It's designed to be raced counter clockwise.

There are probably better layouts possible in the town I live in, but this one would probably be the best one that could actually be done in real life, although maybe not as a track for car racing but moreso for motorcycle racing.. But I still like it nonetheless and would love to recreate it in GT6 :)

image.jpg

I would add in real kart tracks In the game. And one question when the track maker is released will they have a community creations mpde thing where you can go on and download other peoples track? Its like the wwe games and forza. WWE you could create your own arena and publish it on the community creations and forza you can download people's car setups.

If the course maker does actually get released, and there's an option to make point-to-point tracks, I would make the "South Mountain Hill Climb" course. It's quite a nice road (except the first mile, which I wouldn't include because it's full of speed bumps); I actually got kicked off the mountain a few days back for driving a little too fast up it :guilty:
upload_2015-4-2_22-40-2.png

Very, very true. I have been thinking about a pair of cloverleaf interstate intersections nearby. One is normal (four circles close together, the other, well, isn't... ;)

made a map of my neighbourhood... also I reckon if Polyphony wants some new maps just ask us, we could probably come up with a funner, infinitely more dangerous WRC season in about 2 weeks...
HlLGOtV.png

If PD will not give me Zolder (B), I will take my race bike (and my Garmin Edge 810 gps) for a spin there.
Tried that inside a car, but connection with the sattelites was not optimal..

Don't bother PD....
I have Zolder in Project Cars now...:P

I've almost completely given up on the idea of ever being able to do any of the cool things in this thread.

Until, and only if the CM arrives, the game is basically dead to me.

Hope fading by the hour.

Glad this thread still has some who care and have creative aspirations.

Myself on the other hand may very well be gone before we ever see it.

Tomorrow night I sell 2 of my 3 motorcycles in an effort to find money for a gaming PC and move on from the GT series because of all this sillyness from PD.

The CM if it ever comes may very well simply be a novelty to me by then :(

As nice as it would be I really don't see the point of anyone having hopes for seeing it come to GT6 anymore, Lets be honest now what with the fact "I say fact loosely" PS3 production has ended or very near to ending.

The whole advertising situation PD is in hot water about and it seems PD is not much more than a marketing machine these days with more emphasis on promoting Nissans young driver program and advertising for other automotive brands (VGT), We should probably start forgetting about any possibility of a course maker.

After careful consideration I realized that my first track has to be a penis. It's sounds childish, but I think it has potential.

You start on a long straight, then hairpin turn left, followed by a hairpin turn right into a long banked right curve into a hairpin turn right into a hairpin turn left onto the second straight, which leads to a 3 quarter loop banking curve into a hairpin turn left into another 3 quarter loop banking curve, finally leading to the original straight and starting/finishing line.

Length of straight obviously depends on location of track.

After careful consideration I realized that my first track has to be a penis. It's sounds childish, but I think it has potential.

You start on a long straight, then hairpin turn left, followed by a hairpin turn right into a long banked right curve into a hairpin turn right into a hairpin turn left onto the second straight, which leads to a 3 quarter loop banking curve into a hairpin turn left into another 3 quarter loop banking curve, finally leading to the original straight and starting/finishing line.

Length of straight obviously depends on location of track.
Length of straight also depends on...:sly:

A recreation of ICAR Mirabel would be first on my list, since I drive it on occasion and it would be nice to practice on some kind of facsimile of it in GT. I'm already working on a recreation of it in Blender for AC.

I would totally forgo GPS based tracks for the ability to edit terrain and environment manually.

....If we ever get this stupid 2 year old promise based on a 5 year old feature.

I would totally forgo GPS based tracks for the ability to edit terrain and environment manually.

....If we ever get this stupid 2 year old promise based on a 5 year old feature.

Starting to think this is canceled.

We're past 1 year and 9 months and from "cutting it close for launch" to "it's in beta" there has been no news, no teasers - nothing. Ah right - "it's taking us long time to code this thing lols"
was the latest one.

Those two first statements by Kaz now looks like simple BS.

How can you go from "almost ready" to a beta after a year and then nothing after another year ? (cant remember when was the beta statement)

The longest "almost ready" and the longest "beta testing" ever.

Good ideas for real great tracks here in the forum. But I cannot understand, how should it work: Ok, with the GPS feature you have to drive on the road that you would like to create as a track in GT6. That should be not so difficult, but what is with the environment? Will be every track in a, for example, Eifel-Environment? So the same environment for the Isle of Man-Circuit and a Street-Circuit in a city? I don't really understand this GPS-Feature. My wish for the course maker: No GPS, simply make my track by myself (a little bit like in V-Rally 2, it was the best track editor of all time in my opinion, very easy to use, but you could make anything in 12 different environments).

Back