What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
Here's my second attempt at creating a course. I call it the "Gem of the Dolomites" as it is located around Monte Cristallo as you can see. The starting point is about 10 km from where I live and I think it would be a perfect track to cruise. As it measures over 40 km I sadly doubt I can recreate it.
View attachment 242279
You can check it out here. :)
Nice, tarmac?Feels like gravel would suit it more

I really hope the course maker does appear "soon"...

Seems like you're from the Naples area? (I was there in September - hopped on train from sorrento) Anyway, if so, as well as the port area you could do a circuit of the old town, with those really narrow streets driving up the hill from the big White Castle whose name I've forgotten already (sorry) maybe turn right past Duomo then left and left down the hill to the square with the tall monument and then back around to the White Castle building?

Even better than that, someone has to make a point to point for the amalfi drive! Sorrento to amalfi and then up to Ravello would be awesome for rallying AND cruising (!) though the sea would probably be 2D like at Monaco lol
You mean castel dell'ovo? BTW in the map i posted before some of the places you mentioned are covered, others are permanently closed to traffic so i'd have to track it on foot.
Hope you enjoyed my city as much i enjoy it everyday!

Let's change a bit with a city track : Geneva Circuit !

Version 1 (4,2 km) : http://goo.gl/maps/FkVzQ
Version 2 (5,2 km) : http://goo.gl/maps/ryrzH

Start / finish line between A and B, pits on the bridge as well.
Sector 1 : A to E
Sector 2 : E to O
Sector 3 : O to R

I used only fairly wide streets, so you could actually host a full-grid race on it. Not much elevation changes, but I think the variety of corners and the scenery are not bad. Actually, I think it would deserve to be mapped by PoDi.

Touristic guide :

You start on the Mont Blanc Bridge, the most famous, the wider, and most of all, the one on which you spend the most time trapped in traffic jams :lol: On the left, there's the famous water fountain, and on the right, you have Ile Rousseau. In front of you, you'll see historical buildings, with famous Swiss company names on top of them (which lights up at night).

Just after the bridge, on your left, you'll have the English Garden park, at the end of which you make a 90° right turn to arrive to Rive's roundabout. After another right hand 90° turn, you come to the Observatory Park, where the two versions split up.

Version 1 : you follow the street and go under two bridges, blasting next to the Museum of Art and History. You turn right onto Champel Avenue and drive in front of the Comédie de Genève.

Version 2 : you turn left right before the park, and quickly see the Russian Church behind the trees lining the street, which makes a long corner, and you'll turn right to take the little bridge going between the Museum and the Pine Walk. You come to esses, and begin to circle around Bastions Park : you go past the Mur des Réformateurs, before turning around Place de Neuve and go not far from Geneva's University and Library.

Both versions joins back together.
You'll run along the Plaine de Plainpalais after a chicane / 200° turn and a 90° right hander, and pass next to Victoria Hall. You get on Coulouvrenière's Bridge, with the Bâtiment des Forces Motrices on your left, and another island on your right. You then go next to Saint-Jean Park, and after two right handers, next to Notre-Dame de Genève basilica. You come back on Mont Blanc Bridge, with a nice view on Gustave Ador Quay.

I'm not going to get my hopes up until we actually get the course maker, but I've kept my idea simple, I just need a large skidpad...

Que some 'I've accidentally painted a gentleman's sausage on a storm drain' antics :lol:

Last edited:
I have a few track ideas in a few different countries which I will share tomorrow. But basically I've looked at what could be done for planned F1 races and planned Formula e races.

I've also just thought "This might be fun to tackle." So keep an eye out for each.

So I work at the Nissan test center in AZ and had some "drivers training" this morning. We we doing laps around one of the test tracks to work on our apexes, lines, etc. This thing is damn fun with all the elevation changes. If this GPS thing turns out to be as good as we hope, I'd like to get this thing in the game.

test.jpg

So I work at the Nissan test center in AZ and had some "drivers training" this morning. We we doing laps around one of the test tracks to work on our apexes, lines, etc. This thing is damn fun with all the elevation changes. If this GPS thing turns out to be as good as we hope, I'd like to get this thing in the game.

View attachment 243792
I'm kinda surprised it wasn't already with PD and Nissan's relationship.

View attachment 243792
Why i do get the sense that you've got the best job ever? Nice track btw, gives me the impression of willow springs

I would make all of the street spots I used to love going to before the police started cracking down again.

This would be my favourite, 4 of my friends have had 30 day impounds from getting caught drifting at this place.

winton_zps36f54849.jpg

You can see by street view its a well used piece of road.

stadium_zpsb60a35cc.jpg

vid

Last edited:
I live in the Rockies. Pick your road.

Over the Eisenhower Tunnel/pass. ;)

I live near Asheville, NC in the US. I would like to take Highway 25 from north to south, then 25-A from South to North (connected at a hairpin at one end, a 5-way intersection at the other)

While at the North end, I would take Biltmore Ave up to Victoria (they did a BIG change on the first 1/2 mile a few years ago), to River Road, and back. An elevation change of around 200-400 ft, starting with S's going up Biltmore, and having some long sweepers going down Victoria. Fun road!

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow, but I don't have Snag-it on this computer.

Last edited:

I wanted to see what a 10-mile track could cover, so I Googled my town, and got this shot. This appears to be about a 10-mile radius. Looking at the roads I know, I see, rather easily, a minimum of 25 miles that I could turn into one solid loop.

I wonder when.... ;)

And I wonder how much gas I'm going to burn making these tracks! ;)

Last edited:
I drove a road recently that has some interesting potential. It is as follows, and please note the statement that is true for this road, "Not all curves you brake for are corners that you turn for". ;)

Also, I have a long connecting road that I can't wait to get onto for high speed runs. It's a bit like SSR7, but it's not as straight. Or as flat. ;) The only problem with this one is, I don't think it will fit in the 10X10 area. It is almost 15 miles long. So, if we have a square AND a rectangle, it COULD work out..... ;)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I drove a road recently that has some interesting potential. It is as follows, and please not the statement that is true for this road, "Not all curves you brake for are corners that you turn for". ;)

Also, I have a long connecting road that I can't wait to get onto for high speed runs. It's a bit like SSR7, but it's not as straight. Or as flat. ;) The only problem with this one is, I don't think it will fit in the 10X10 area. It is almost 15 miles long. So, if we have a square or a rectangle, it COULD work out..... ;)

Enjoy!
Cool roads dude.

The "Evo Triangle" in North Wales.

It's a really awesome road through some Welsh countryside, and it's not too far from where I live. I only have a crappy car, and a lot of the time there's plenty of traffic around, so it would be really awesome to create it GT6 and fly around it in an Aston Martin V12 Vantage.

Yes. Make it. Please.

I will love you for the rest of time.

I'll hopefully recreate some of my tracks from gt5,I'll also create my custom track drifting league called The Drift Asylum.I hope kaz and his team have made a concerted effort to make it better than the gt5 version.even though it was somewhat randomized i got good at track making.The only thing i didn't like were tracks that didn't allow room to pass.

Hopefully that we can import tracks from GT5 by just detecting your GT5 Game Data! So, that will no longer an issue to recreate Gerudo Speedway Park and Omaha Motor Raceway.

I live in Tasmania. Google Targa Tasmania and take your pick, I'll be busy with the amount of roads here I would want in the game. It would actually give the game ten times more life than it's ever had for me. Almost every rural road in Tas (which is most roads in Tas) seem to be modeled on the Nordschleife lol.

Two tiny samples of Tas:
TargaHellyerGorge_zpsb83e6ae0.jpg

Targa1_zpsa186fdd0.jpg

Last edited:
A city course in Thonon-les-Bains. Can't really decide what route to choose after point E, so here's two versions.

http://goo.gl/maps/Wazlu

http://goo.gl/maps/1hzuB (ignore the roundabout bit below F on this one)

Another one in the same city, shorter, but with a nice downhill twisty section between A and B.

http://goo.gl/maps/FjQ9L

A short and simple layout :

http://goo.gl/maps/5v72d

The poor man's SSR7 :

http://goo.gl/maps/AAhX1

From A to B :

A 32km track, with a bit of everything in it : relatively fast section, city, gorges, mountain type road.

http://goo.gl/maps/W8yUY

I hope PD uses the 3d building data in Google Maps to procedurally make buildings. It could maybe find the scale and shape and position of those buildings and choose a building model that PD made that closesly matches that building and then resizes that building to match as closely as possible to the Google Maps 3d building. But what if no 3d buildings exist wherever you recorded? Well, let's hope you could add your own buildings wherever you want.

Latest Posts

Back