What would make Gran Turismo 7 a guaranteed purchase for you?

• Thread starter bremics
  • 537 comments

• Total voters
Canada
Canada
bremics
bremics
Kinda curious what you guys want to make GT7 a must have.

Considering I don't have a PS4 it would be $450 + $70 for me to hop on, I'm going to be a bit more picky than those who already have a PS4.

What I want? The removal of all PS2 assets, consistent quality across the board, sound/AI on the level of DC/TC/FM/PC, steadier framerate and all of the features of GT5/6 (BSpec, Course maker, community, etc) available at launch.

Basically, I want what GT6 should have been.

First and foremost, the 3 BIGGEST things that would make GT7 an instant purchase for me, is a Livery Editor, a completely re-hauled offline career and Arcade mode and improved engine sound.

Other things that would sway me to purchase it:

-More customization (For ALL CARS)
-Realistic race procedures
-Bigger grid sizes
-Smart AI with driving personalities and tendencies
-Weather and 24H for ALL tracks
-Ability to turn an everyday road car to a full out race car (Kinda goes back to customization)
-Improved physics engine (At least tuning wise)

Everything else is a bonus. I played 3 iterations of GT without B-Spec and played 4 iterations without a Course Maker. Those won't really be deal breakers for me.

But those first 3 if they include those things AT LAUNCH! I might have to work some overtime lol.

A complete reboot will make GT7 a guaranteed purchase. As well as legacy wheel support, removal of all standards + unnecessary duplicates, livery editor, no useless gimmicks.

Kazunori lied in his presentation on gt6 before release that gt6 customization system will be much more advanced and every car will have load of parts totalling '1200'. All we got was a paintable spoiler and 'other' parts which only like 3 cars have! Does anyone remember the feature in gt4 where you can apply other manufacturers wheels.

This is why we need pure customization, enough parts and options for all cars!

Basically everything on that list and more. They need to pull off a miracle with GT7 or I will be switching to Xbox and Forza.
That's quite a bit to ask for haha.

I would definitely buy a PS4 for GT7 if it filled everything on that list and more, would be the greatest driving game of all time.

I have played this series right through from 1 to 6 including Prologues

Seriously what on earth happened to adjusting boost psi that was featured in GT1, why take that out and other things like applying racing mods featured in GT1.
Bring back some of these features

Everything is perfect in GT and always has been game play wise, career is much more tolerable than Forza but GT7 gonna have to lift its Modification and car selection detail to the level of forza!!!

Forza at least has engine porting on the rotary's detailed. GT series doesn't.
Forza has engine swap outs, GT series Doesn't

Need to enable Tubing cars out for drag racing and being able to select different type of wheels front and rear.

GT7 Really needs to be on Par with Forza series this time.

And to Add, where is some Engine Coolant temps, Oil temps, Trans temps, Clutch Temps.
I would like to see some real engine Damage.

GT and Forza need to touch on this in

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but the main thing I think about GT7 is that it's almost certain that the game will have good graphics, lots of tracks, and lots of cars, because even GT at its worst (i.e. GT6) still has all of those things. What isn't so certain is whether or not the game will actually be fun to play - the game is as well known for the poor AI and dull sounds as is for the visuals - which is a problem.

Of course, the assumption is that unless there is obvious talk of improvements, the sound and AI will stay the same - why wouldn't they, after 15 years of the same sort of design?

I can almost guarantee that people's jaws will drop when the first trailer or screenshots are available, because they almost always do.

I can almost guarantee that after the initial hype has died down, the inevitable questions about sound and AI will surface, which is entirely fair.

For me, it doesn't have to do a thing. I'll get it no matter what! GT7 is pretty much the main reason I bought a PS4. Sure, I have Driveclub and Arkham Knight and i'm looking at getting Lego Dimensions but GT7 is the main feature for me.

I think the first two posts summed up me and my psn friends, releasing a game that has all the points it states from day one, livery editor, a proper track creator real sounds, (its funny how a game like GTA5 can get a better sounding v8 noise then a full fledged racing game)

Kaz and PD / Sony need to step back take note and queues from other games like Forza, PC, NFS and or Grid. In their own right other games have great and perfect elements while they might be a bad game some elements are ideal.

That's quite a bit to ask for haha.

I would definitely buy a PS4 for GT7 if it filled everything on that list and more, would be the greatest driving game of all time.

Honestly, it will have to be the greatest driving game of all time by a decent margin for me to buy it. After being burnt by GT5 and 6, Polyphony have to overcome the fact that I just don't want to give them any more of my money.

It's kind of petty, but it's the truth. I try to avoid purchasing products from companies who treat their employees or customers badly, no matter how good the product is.

To me, GT falls into that category now. I'm not happy at all with the service I've received from them in the past, and now they have to go above and beyond to win me back.

I doubt they will. I doubt they care.

No doubt i'll be getting it anyway, but does anybody miss the shuffle races online? Always made a fun lobby, something different every time, I vote bring 'em back!

Well, its a Japanese game so its going to have its quirks. Like how Metal Gear Solid V has the physics and clipping issues of a PS1 game.

Anyways, I'll try to simplify what will make it a guaranteed purchase for me

It has to have a mode or feature that I would want to spend alot of time with.

This can be anything from a full featured livery editor, to a much improved course creator, deep and compelling single player career, or even a much improved B-Spec mode.

Physics, graphics, and car count simply arent good enough anymore. Other racing games have raised the bar substantially and I feel PD is going to struggle to keep up. They are already so far behind its pretty much impossible for them to fix all the game's legacy issues in the next title. So Im hoping they hit it out of the park with something they have never really did well. They've always had graphics, physics, and big car count. Now its time for them to up their game big time with the sound or AI, something they've always struggled with.

But again if GT7 has a mode or feature that I would like to spend alot of time with, I'll get it.

This poll is similar to another GT7 poll, but GT7 is already a guarantee purchase for me, It is the motivation I bought A PS4 and P-CARS, and that is in anticipation of GT7. The One Special feature in the GT Series that I really love is Full Interior Cockpits: (Front seats and back seats with rear windows) of their Premium Cars. There seems to be an ugly trend in Next Gen Sim Racing interiors: NO full cockpit view with interior back seats and rear windows. But what would make me love GT7 and keep my PS4 is if Sony gives Polyphony Digital the financial support to Keep all Standard cars but convert all of them to Premium, And to bring Porsche as DLC, Drastically improve Career A.I. with a difficulty setting on each level So the early phase of Career mode can be a challenge for all driver levels, Major Sound improvements, FM6 type Livery editor and Real exterior crash damage. and if Sony & Polyphony Digital has a press release of these projections to do all of these things I would not buy a new Xbox One, and i would sell my copy of FM6 on Amazon Today. and buy A Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition with a TH8A Add-On Gear Shifter. Sheer Heaven It would be for me.:P First Day 24 Hours straight, No sleep or work. Just Fahrvergnügen! (The Joy Of Driving).

Last edited:
I dont think the GT series will ever get Porsches as EA have a death grip on the copyright. PD would need to need to throw a budget out of the window to make Porsche possible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back