What would make Gran Turismo 7 a guaranteed purchase for you?

• Thread starter bremics
  • 537 comments

• Total voters
Even if they are going alongside ps2 assets?
I'm not as offended by them as most other people. Environments, weather effects, etc. will be what I'm looking at mostly. Plus, who knows? Maybe they'll find a shortcut to making the all of the untouched standards RUF-quality.

With a low enough price, I'd buy it even if it was basically GT6 on PS4.

If you're asking what would make it a guaranteed day one purchase, it'd be something like this:

500+ premiums and no PS2 cars.
60fps true 1080p
an actually beefy and interesting career mode
Livery and detailed customisations for all cars.

I dont think the GT series will ever get Porsches as T10 and Forza have a death grip on the copyright. PD would need to need to throw a budget out of the window to make Porsche possible.

Yes I know, that's exactly why I said Sony will have to give Polyphony Digital a bigger budget to make Porsche happen as DLC for GT7. And It is EA that has Porsche licensing held hostage not Turn 10, and I know it will probably never happen for PD that's why I bought an Xbox one and FM6:lol: Been waiting for Porsche since GT2, FM6 is a Great Sim Racer, I hope FM7 will probably have dynamic weather and dynamic Time Of Day transitioning, That is the biggest thing it is missing, , and that will give Turn 10's Forza Motorsport the lead over Gran Turismo for my personal racing preference. Because I don't race Rally but if Forza Motorsport adds that too plus the other things I mentioned FM6 or FM7 is the clear leader between the two Console only Titles. I can't wait to see what GT7 is going to offer, but I know it better be great because Forza Motorsport 6 is almost perfect.

Last edited:
Ability to choose AI cars individually in arcade mode
Fuel & Tyre wear in arcade mode
[number of cars in game] garage limit
More series focused cars (GT3, NASCAR, SGT, DTM, etc.)
Realistic damage including less aero when bumpers/wings fall off, wheels fall off and engine on fire when engine is destroyed.

For GT7 to be a guaranteed purchase for me it would have to include basic features that other racing games already have:

-all cars & tracks available from the start in arcade mode
-realistic race format in all modes (fp, qualifying, standing starts, damage, flags/penalties, balanced grid)
-all options available from the start in arcade mode so that I can setup proper races offline
-improved AI, adjustable AI difficulty in all offline modes, option to choose car for each AI opponent in arcade mode (or at least option to set all AI opponents to use the same car with same upgrades I'm using)
-at least 16 cars on the grid in offline arcade races

Other things that are important:
-dynamic weather & time change in all tracks
-all premium car line-up (turn the standards that matter into premium, ditch the unneeded clones)
-being able to save setups for each car at each track
-leaderboards for each car class at each track

For me the most important thing is to overhaul the car list, removing duplicates and making premium all significant non-premium cars and scrapping the rest. This overhaul should include ensuring that cars are in logical groups or categories so that Hosts can build great online race series. We have GT500, GT350, DTM, Nascar etc. but PD often seem to neglect and fail to update these categories. I would like them to update key categories and also think about new categories and whether to add historic versions of modern categories e.g. classic Nascar, Classic DTM cars etc.

It appears that Forza 6 has picked cars from the GT6 suggestions thread - particularly the Can Am cars and classic F1 cars, but GT7 could pick a slightly earlier period of Can Am. We need some more single seaters and if there are license problems with F1 I would consider F5000 (5 litre V8 single seaters which had championships in the UK, USA, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand) plus some junior single seater categories such as Formula Ford 1600.

Rather than the seemingly random addition of cars by PD I would like them to think carefully about cars and ensure that each time one is added it has several natural competitors. For example we have a 427 Cobra, but no Lightweight Corvette from the same period which is what that Cobra was designed to face. They gave us a Ferrari 250 GTO, but no lightweight factory E Type or 289 Cobra which were its natural competitors.

We have lots of saloon cars in the game, but I would like PD to add a classic saloon (pre 1966) category - this would feature the Jaguar MK 2, Mini Cooper, Ford Cortina Lotus, Mercedes W112 300SE, Ford Galaxie 7 litre, Notchback Mustang.

1950's Sports Cars - it appears that PD is currently working on this as they have chosen several cars to add in the future which raced at le Mans and or the Mille Miglia in 1954 - if they add the Jaguar D Type and the 1954 Le Mans winning Ferrari they could have a very nice category.

A Trans Am racing saloon category would also be nice - we have a 1969 Z28 Camaro race car - why not add the rest of the grid from 1969

Once a logical, structured car list has been created it would then be possible to have an event creator to exploit those categories. It would also be possible to implement an effective career mode including multiple routes and championships both modern and historic, but for me getting the car list right is key to achieving both.

I agree with many of the comments that have already been made, but for me sorting out the car list is number 1. Other key things for me are an event creator, improvement / increase in options for Hosts, further development / improvement in the track creator and introduction of a livery editor with shareable liveries, all cars should feature a changeable race number and changeable paint.

I want to be able to race cars both offline and online in realistic groups and using appropriate liveries rather than have the seemingly haphazard, random and often inappropriate car choices that we have now in offline mode.

Many other comments have been made by previous posters which I agree with.

Unfortunately upgrading to GT7 will involve me in considerable expense - I don't have a PS4. To get me to stump up for a new console as well as GT7 on day one there would need to be considerable improvement in the car list. If it is only slightly better than GT6 I will wait for reviews before considering upgrading and will base the decision on what other aspects of the game have been improved.

Yes I know, that's exactly why I said Sony will have to give Polyphony Digital a bigger budget to make Porsche happen as DLC for GT7. And It is EA that has Porsche licensing held hostage not Turn 10, and I know it will probably never happen for PD that's why I bought an Xbox one and FM6:lol: Been waiting for Porsche since GT2, FM6 is a Great Sim Racer, I hope FM7 will probably have dynamic weather and dynamic Time Of Day transitioning, That is the biggest thing it is missing, , and that will give Turn 10's Forza Motorsport the lead over Gran Turismo for my personal racing preference. Because I don't race Rally but if Forza Motorsport adds that too plus the other things I mentioned FM6 or FM7 is the clear leader between the two Console only Titles. I can't wait to see what GT7 is going to offer, but I know it better be great because Forza Motorsport 6 is almost perfect.
You took back you XBox because it didn't have Porche, didn't you?

It'll take a lot for me to buy GT7: Some things on this list are a deal breaker, most are along the lines of, 'if you want GT7 to be a AAA game again...':

Core: Fix the backwards car settings & camber already!
Other: Livery Editor.
More Tracks: Seattle, El Capitan, more real world courses a la PCars.
More Cars: I'll go out on a limb and say I want more everyday, common cars like a couple Camrys, newer Civics, Maximas, Outbacks, anything Volvo, etc.
Physics: NO MORE SRF. Keep sharpening the saw.
AI: There's no excuse to not have adjustable AI for GT7, let those who want to float their way through the game do that. And let us experts tackle it on the hardest AI.
Removal of standards is a MUST. Quality > Quantity, period.
Slow Motion Replay: A la GT3.
Features: Bring back shuffle racing!
Career Mode: How about we actually have a career mode?
Trophies: Let's not repeat the same trophies for a 3rd time in a row, okay?
UI: I'm okay with whatever, not important.

Jerome

You took back you XBox because it didn't have Porche, didn't you?

:guilty: Yeah and the fact that I also want to see what Thrustmaster is going to do about the PS4 Base Servo, for my PS4 and P-CARS, F1 2015 and future GT7 and Assetto Corsa or If Thrustmaster is going to make a T150 equivalent for the XBOX One as well, this Porsche deal is a factor, but not the only factor, Thrustmaster, and Polyphony Digital are factors too, I still have the FM6 Disc until I get more information about which wheel combo to get. but if Walmart puts another refurbished XB1 for $283.00 again I will repurchase sooner.

Last edited:
:guilty: Yeah and the fact that I also want to see what Thrustmaster is going to do about the PS4 Base Servo, for my PS4 and P-CARS and future GT7 or If Thrustmaster is going to make a T150 equivalent for the XBOX One as well, this Porsche deal is a factor, but not the only factor, Thrustmaster, and Polyphony Digital are factors too, I still have the FM6 Disc until I get more information about which wheel combo to get. but if Walmart puts another refurbished XB1 for $283.00 again I will repurchase sooner.
I have the 300,buying new pedal set and shifter,actually Christmas present,not interested in Forza,tried it,not impressed. Could care less about Porche, got Ruffs in PCars good enough for me. I wouldn't buy another Logitech product ever again. They have lost my business rehashing a G27 as a G29.

I have the 300,buying new pedal set and shifter,actually Christmas present,not interested in Forza,tried it,not impressed. Could care less about Porche, got Ruffs in PCars good enough for me. I wouldn't buy another Logitech product ever again. They have lost my business rehashing a G27 as a G29.

I really love P-CARS and F1 2015 and was looking forward to GT7 and Assetto Corsa on PS4, and I was totally preparing to buy A Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition, but when I saw FM6 and the graphics and Car list and FM4 Porsche list, I had to jump, but I should have waited, I really liked FM6, but it really wasn't on my radar, when I saw all the cars I wanted in GT6 BMW 635i, BMW 535, BMW 850, and the customization of your cars OMG, I thought I would die LOL, But soon as we know more about Thrustmaster PS4 servo Base and GT7 I'm jumping back on FM6.

Yeah, that's so unlikely that you might as well say "i'll never buy gt7 no matter what".

You have to choose, really. Either you want better graphics than Driveclub, or you want a solid 60 fps game. I doubt there is enough juice in the PS4 to output graphics that are better than driveclub's, and at the same time be forced to spend half as much time on each frame.

Realistically, I think we can hope for something that looks "almost" as good as driveclub at stable 60fps, or something that looks a bit better than driveclub that runs at anywhere between 40 and 60 fps.

If they remove standards, that is. A game with PS2 cars will never look anywhere near as good as driveclub.

It has to be solid 60 fps for the Playstation VR to upscale to 120 fps properly otherwise you'll be making use of a bucket you'll need to keep close to hand. Graphics have therefore got to be of secondary importance, which given that it's PD, will probably be the other way around anyway.

Better engine sounds.

Period.

However, considering the latest news that GT7 is to support PS4 VR, that shows where Kaz' priorities are - they are no where near reality.

Who gives a flying about VR if the sound is horrible and the game display is full of tearing and jaggies.

Engine sounds.

Then engine sounds.

Followed closely by engine sounds.

It has to be solid 60 fps for the Playstation VR to upscale to 120 fps properly otherwise you'll be making use of a bucket you'll need to keep close to hand. Graphics have therefore got to be of secondary importance, which given that it's PD, will probably be the other way around anyway.

I don't believe in refresh upscaling. How would it even work? The point of a high refresh is to let the game react to your head movement with less delay. How exactly will a refresh "upscaler" do this? Will it predict what the next frame will be ahead of time? How will it know what the next frame will contain? How will it interpolate two points in time without having information about more than one point in time?

The best it can do it interpolate frames after they've been rendered, which doesn't allow for faster response in any way.

Back